The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When does the word "crisis", said in jest accompanied with a roll of the eyes, grow into full blown "Poch Out" mania? If you were one of the blokes stood behind me at Leicester then you are probably there already.

You can say this game is "must win", but that to me shows the ludicrous fragility of management in the PL. That in some people's minds a manager like Poch can undo everything good and positive that has come out the club since he took over in the space of a month.

Less than two years ago i stood on a bus on the way back from the Stadio Artemio Franchi after a fairly insipid one all draw and we sung his name over and over and over for what seemed like an hour. We all knew how special he was that night, and what difference he had made to the way a lot of us felt about our club. All that has changed now is the level of expectation. A level of expectation that has caused some of us to disregard some of the best performances in Europe many of us will have seen in decades... Getting knocked out of the UEFA cup to Kaiserslautern it is not.

If, as fans, we allow these unnecessary levels of presumptuousness and expectation to manifest and proliferate and we force the chairmans hand and drive this man from the club (with no small part to be played by the manipulation of the mainstream media) then it will be the worse thing to happen to us in living memory.

Saying that... he better fucking win tomorrow. COYS

Last edited:
How much fucking free time you have to have to create an account on an adversary team forum :deledoubt:?
And worst; not to troll but to be friendly. Not even we tottenham fans are friendly between us :harrysmile:

For us literate and computer savvy it takes mere seconds. Unlike you north London monkeys who probably posted your request to join and waited 6 weeks for a reply before realising you a. didn't fix a stamp, b. don't even know what a stamp is, and c. addressed it to Kermit The Frog by mistake.

And adversary? See you no the way past numbnuts! Enjoy your journey to the chumpionship. We'll send our regards from the Champions league :D

Get the fuck out of here with your pleasant & light hearted match talk.
We aren’t used to your sort in here....

:dierpochhug:

Any better mate? ;)

Can the spurs that beat Madrid, Liverpool and Dortmund turn up for this one please?
Maybe play the champions league music in the dressing room before the game?:pochserious2:

Based on today's performance - I think this should give us the perfect balance between attack and defence.

[formation=442, , , , , , , , , Lamela, , ][/formation]

Every generation will develop their own idea on what football mean, mirrored against their own life expectations? We should respect each other views-thats football. For me modern football is broken and has lost its soul. Supporters want it now and can't understand why it not so- "buy the players" "pay the wages" and so on...

Not lose (draw would be acceptable) against Watford, steady the ship and march on is the sensible thing to do but I guess supporters will expect to win and win big and so on? We need to calm down and get our football back on line.

For supporters who have experienced the modern phenomena, must find it difficult to show patience because of the examples that City and Chelsea are promoting and what they experience in their every day life. Today, if you want something, just go out and get it regardless if you have the money or not-football reflects this?

The fair play system came with good intentions and was then exploited by the City and Chavs, so its never going to be 'fair' as designed. Christmas trees going up in November-why? people can't wait for nearer the time , impatience . Society as a whole is-wanting it now-instant gratification. Football reflects society.

Against the better teams right. But when we're playing lower sides that threat is virtually missing. It's tepid ball possession and that's been the case in most PL games this season.

What I found really annoying yesterday, and other games against "teams we should beat", is that so much of our possession leads nowhere. 10-15 passes and the ball doesnt even go in the box.
Then the oppo break, 2-3 passes and they are in our box causing problems. Watford had seven corners to our two.
Why? Because our crosses are not dangerous, and are easy to defend, where as theirs needed dealing with, or were whipped in well enough to spin off the defender.

Our moves hardly come to a conclusion. Way too complicated. Watford didnt park any busses, the fact is we have become bereft of ideas, and are consumed by possession being the only important factor.

Its like its better to pass backwards than to risk losing the ball by having a dig.

Only just caught up with motd. I'm not usually one to moan about officiating and our biggest problem is we keep conceding early goal, not bad refs.

However it does look like he had a stinker. There was a clear foul on Dier before they broke and scored from the resulting corner. He also seemed to let them get away with kicking Kane off the park and for me Sanchez should of been booked and told to be more careful but a red for that is very harsh in my opinion. It was also a stonewall pen for the Dier handball so all in all he's had a shocker.

right, give us Richarlison or GTFO

I think his buyout clause is approx double that of Messi.

Despite us having a great defence all you need is two shots on target to get your two goals mate.

I haven't watched you for a full 90mins this season but if I'm right I think you will try to go toe to toe with us, this should enable us to find the spaces we need to play our game. Our feeling of negativity is driven by playing against the bus parkers.

I really like Silva, have done since the day he turned up at Hull, he reminds me of Poch.

Yeah - We won't park the bus. We don't know how to. While at times it feels like we should be a little more reserved against the big boys, it sure is bloody entertaining to watch. We will concede a few from anyone clinical enough to take their chances so if your lot turn up then there will be goals.

Back
Top Bottom