The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My stream died for watford's goal & the sending off. Thank you god.
How long will his ban be? Was it violent conduct so 3 match ban?
I don't think it was intentional, just clumsy, but he basically clotheslined a player. Straight red, I would think that it wouldn't require any additional penalties.

My stream died for watford's goal & the sending off. Thank you god.
How long will his ban be? Was it violent conduct so 3 match ban?
Would assume it falls into the 'violent conduct' category because it obviously wasn't a second yellow or last-man challenge.

I imagine our staff will be looking very closely at the replays and considering an appeal. Missing Davinson for Man City would be a fucking catastrophe.

Edit: here is it...

In my opinion that's a shielding of the ball which very very slightly nudges into elbowing. Don't believe it's a strong enough case to say that was his intention though. I'd appeal.

The premiership moves on. city have raised the bar. This isn't a team that will win the title. Either we accept that or invest.

This isn't a team that's going to qualify for the CL.

I saw Woolwich play in midweek and just watched the highlights of the Liverpool game, and both sides were majestic. I know they were playing "poorer sides" but nonetheless, they have pace, good movement, and goalscorers.

I am beginning to get a little concerned about our form, system and the fact that one or two players may be looking at the exit door already. I am trying to stay positive but even with eleven players on the pitch today we looked far from comfortable against a pretty average side.

Would assume it falls into the 'violent conduct' category because it obviously wasn't a second yellow or last-man challenge.

I imagine our staff will be looking very closely at the replays and considering an appeal. Missing Davinson for Man City would be a fucking catastrophe.
If he gets 3 matches for that it would be a travesty.

Awful result. We should have won this 1000 times over, but somehow we just keep conspiring to shit things up in these matches that should have been easier in the grand scheme of things. I'm not looking forward to any of our matches at the moment, it's all such hard work to watch. I really really hope Poch finally shakes up the established 11, I know he doesn't have a lot of options, but we cannot keep playing the same way with the same lineup and expect things to change. Even if it means relying on some youngsters, then so be it, I'd rather see us lose/draw with some academy players being blooded. We are probably losing some of these star players at the end of the season anyway, so lets start looking to the future.

I could keep going on about the squad depth and transfer policy, but it means fuck all right now. We aren't going to sign anyone until September, and even then they'll probably be disappointing yet again.

It's a damn shame that we are most likely going to the new stadium without CL football.

That would be a nightmare. Jan & Dier I guess it will have to be for 3 games then.

A point against our rivals and no ground lost to Burnley. Got to be a positive ?

Joking aside.

Huge questions over the insipid 60 minutes pre sending off. Watford were more intense and showed more aggression. Post sending off, ok. We survived while looking like a bunch of panicked school boys....glory glory.....

Perhaps it’s an overly pessimistic opinion but a point gained at Watford is really not a point gained. It’s two dropped.

It’s a absolute shambles and has been since Woolwich away. Alarm bells are ringing loud. Defeats are not a concern. Performances are !

The cunts that post after we don’t win aren’t even Tottenham fans so you should expect they don’t know much about football. A draw after going down to 10 men for no reason is a better result then could have been.

Disagree but agree.

At our best we are not close enough to Watford for our player to commit a foul but 10 men holding on for a draw is not the game to reference a poor performance.

But we are in a poor run of form that is not reflective of a top team.

We don't even have a player who can inspire us at present.

We need new players in January to force and push.

This isn't a team that's going to qualify for the CL.

I saw Woolwich play in midweek and just watched the highlights of the Liverpool game, and both sides were majestic. I know they were playing "poorer sides" but nonetheless, they have pace, good movement, and goalscorers.

I am beginning to get a little concerned about our form, system and the fact that one or two players may be looking at the exit door already. I am trying to stay positive but even with eleven players on the pitch today we looked far from comfortable against a pretty average side.
That was us last season in our pomp.

They're in good patches while we're in a rut. We'll snap out of this sooner rather than later and I'd bet that their forms will dip in kind. Still an awfully long way to go.

Look at city 3 Past poor seasons after winning the league title cant always be winning and dominating we will still finish top 5

City can attract the players to stay even if they don’t get top 4, same as Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich. If we don’t qualify for CL then we’ll struggle to attract players, maybe keep hold of a few due to the wage structure. Not qualifying for the CL affects our income massively.

Trouble with Kane he isn’t the type to go down with swallow dives and roll,around.
He’s an honest player.
If he did what every other cunt did there’d be Orem penalties and sendings off.
But unlike Ramsey when he gets pushed over in the box it’s real and looks not real becuase take has become real.
We’ve been fucked over by refs in 3 of the last 4 games.
Plus our finishing has been shit,

That was us last season in our pomp.

They're in good patches while we're in a rut. We'll snap out of this sooner rather than later and I'd bet that their forms will dip in kind. Still an awfully long way to go.

Exactly. We are only 4 off Pool in 4th and have 23 matches to go. Points will be dropped by all in the top 6. The team that smashed Pool and beat Madrid is still there, just need to get back on it.

Edit: here is it...

In my opinion that's a shielding of the ball which very very slightly nudges into elbowing. Don't believe it's a strong enough case to say that was his intention though. I'd appeal.

The thing is, it is both. It is shielding of the ball, but in the process he elbows the guy in the face. As an ex Sunday League ref, I wouldn't have given a yellow, or probably even a foul. But there is no way that gets overturned

Back
Top Bottom