The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is time for a change. 3 at the back is making us too static atm. I’d go for a daring 4-3-3, Lamela can’t play 90 minutes so we’ll shift formation in the second half

[formation=433, Hugo, Trippier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dele, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Son][/formation]
Dembele to come on after 60 mins for Lamela

Last edited:
Can the spurs that beat Madrid, Liverpool and Dortmund turn up for this one please?
Maybe play the champions league music in the dressing room before the game?:pochserious2:

It is time for a change. 3 at the back is making us too static atm. I’d go for a daring 4-3-3, Lamela can’t play 90 minutes so we’ll shift formation in the second half

Hugo
Trippier Sanchez Jan Davies
Dele Winks Eriksen
Lamela Kane Son

Demebele to come on after 60 mind for Lamela

I quite like the look of that line up actually, despite how attacking it is. We just need to start scoring big numbers again, especially without Toby - we can’t just rely on our defending at the moment.

----------------------Lloris------------------
Aurier ----sanchez ----Jan--- Rose
--------------Dier -------Winks---------------
------GKN ------Lamela ------Son-------
--------------------Kane--------------

Go all out counter attack.
Dele and eriksen deserve to be dropped. Could probably rotate the full backs but i still think rose and aurier offer more than davies and trippier who just pass back to the CBs

Bench
Vorm; Foyth; KWP; Sissoko (only for midfield cover); Dele; Eriksen; Llorente/Edwards (for creativity and the ability to beat a man)

I don't even give a fuck, that team couldn't do any worse than the first hour from today.

Based on today's performance - I think this should give us the perfect balance between attack and defence.

[formation=442, , , , , , , , , Lamela, , ][/formation]

This is a horrible fixture following Leicester. Watford are having a great season, and their game is hard to break down. Our players have no confidence and know we need a result. If we don’t win this then I can’t see us getting top 4, I don’t care how early it is. Other teams are winning, we seem to be making hard work of it.

Dembele looks a shell of who is was last year, Sissoko is just so unreliable. Kane is shattered, Eriksen and Dele are out of form and the back line are a shambles without Alderweireld. They all need a kick up the arse.

- Lloris -
- Trippier Sanchez Vertonghen Davies -
- Dier Winks -
- Lamela Dele Son -
- Kane -​

giphy.gif

Can the spurs that beat Madrid, Liverpool and Dortmund turn up for this one please?
Maybe play the champions league music in the dressing room before the game?:pochserious2:

I do wonder if the reason we won againdt Liverpool, Real Madrid and Dortmund is the reason our pressing is off and our attacking play seems more static and random than it did the previous seasons. To me, it looks as if we might have worked too hard on becoming a decent sit-back-and-counter side, which has cost us our ability to control the game higher up the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom