The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sending off was harsh but like many decisions The Ref cannot be criticised whatever way he goes. He made contact with his face. Much worse that he did not yellow card Watford players repeatedly bringing down Kane and others and give a second yellow. Thought we were lucky with hand ball in final minute which really would have finished me off. An away draw when down to 10 men is not a bad result. Really worried it is a 3 game ban and cannot see an answer to that yet. If so leaves us so exposed and really not looking to play MC. Thought we would have gone on to win but for the sending off but we will never know now.

I’ve seen worse and yellows given,
It took Carrol two intentional elbows to get sent off.
It seem today you can hack down players and get away with it, but once they hold their face, your off.
Atkinson couldn’t have seen anyhting at all. Went by the reaction of the player. Just like Mason did the other day with Ramsey.
Fast forward to today and the Newcastle defender doesnt act like he stepped on a landline, like some action film stunt man, and the same offence goes unpunished by Morata.
He gets a goal from it too.

If you’re not sure you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

I feel sorry for Sanchez. He’s not going to make anymore great tackles as cunts like Sanchez will win free kicks, and we will never again try to do what all defenders do with today's outcome. He had 7 yellows in every game he played last season inc internationals . So he’s not a dirty player.
He’s not had one yellow card this season in all games played inc internationals.

If that's the case it will get turned over on appeal but it won't as it's a red card offence. Not one person on the panel would over turn that.

I have no gripe about being given a red for that, my gripe is a couple of Watford players should have received a 2nd yellow.

Agree... City can finish 5th and could still 'pursuade' Neymar to join the Project...
We have the Perma-threat of a mass exodus EVERY YEAR if we don't improve on the previous year... and last years' second place kinda backs us into a corner... we have to win the league to keep everyone apparently, yet City and Chelsea can throw shedloads of cash at 'it' regardless of where they finish... to make SURE they don't repeat the previous season...
It's ALL down to money... ot has been for a while now.
That's why with our present structure/prudent business model we will win fuck all .

That's why with our present structure/prudent business model we will win fuck all .
Shame though innit??

It's not like we're offering Pauper's wages... it's just we're not prepared to flaunt disgusting amounts of wealth at the expense of moral scruples to simply GET WHAT WE WANT and fuck the rest!

...in any other business model, frugal management and impressive returns would be admired... but Football is not any other business model!! We need to WIN at ANY COST or else we're deemed a failure!

Football s truly fucked!

Shame though innit??

It's not like we're offering Pauper's wages... it's just we're not prepared to flaunt disgusting amounts of wealth at the expense of moral scruples to simply GET WHAT WE WANT and fuck the rest!

...in any other business model, frugal management and impressive returns would be admired... but Football is not any other business model!! We need to WIN at ANY COST or else we're deemed a failure!

Football s truly fucked!
that's the way it is, even poor players expect top money,
my lads m8, 18yrs old not close to first team of his Div 1 team, gets £500 a week

We are going to come across someone soon and stick 5 past them. We are creating chances, just need to put them away. It will click, and when it does we’ll see the Spurs we know.

it can't help when the manager says he is not interested in the league cup its not a big torphy
Well he's right but it is a trophy even if has no financial gain .
Really our level on ambition is a top 4 position , the club have no interest in a real title push . Only the genius of Poch has made us competitive
Shame though innit??

Football s truly fucked!
yes ł agree but nobody will feel sorry for us .

Cant believe anyone thinks elbowing someone in the throat while running alongside them is not a red card

Completely agree. I'm obviously not super thrilled with the draw, but to complain about the ref when they were denied the blatant handball in the dying seconds of injury is a bit much as well. I think they should have had at least one player sent off, and I think we win if the sides are even throughout. Given how things transpired though, we looked decent for the most part today and you take your point and move on.

Scum now 1-3 down. So if it stays that way we're 3 points behind them with a game against them at Wembley to come. Finish above the scum and we'll be top 4 I feel. No need for the panic button yet. We must stop conceding these early goals though.

Back
Top Bottom