The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This isn't a team that's going to qualify for the CL.

I saw Woolwich play in midweek and just watched the highlights of the Liverpool game, and both sides were majestic. I know they were playing "poorer sides" but nonetheless, they have pace, good movement, and goalscorers.

I am beginning to get a little concerned about our form, system and the fact that one or two players may be looking at the exit door already. I am trying to stay positive but even with eleven players on the pitch today we looked far from comfortable against a pretty average side.

The fact that you put Woolwich and majestic in the same sentence shows you know fuck all about football. Those cunts never deserve praise.

Would assume it falls into the 'violent conduct' category because it obviously wasn't a second yellow or last-man challenge.

I imagine our staff will be looking very closely at the replays and considering an appeal. Missing Davinson for Man City would be a fucking catastrophe.

Edit: here is it...

In my opinion that's a shielding of the ball which very very slightly nudges into elbowing. Don't believe it's a strong enough case to say that was his intention though. I'd appeal.

Times change if this was the 70s nobody would of cared about that foul but there you go

For Stoke, I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 and Lamela start instead of Dele or Eriksen. They need a rest.
In my opinion, rest them all midweek. We need to go as strong as we can against Stoke, from the off.

- Lloris -
- Trippier Dier Vertonghen Rose -
- Dembele Winks -
- Son Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -​

When it's not going for you, it isn't going for you. Very, very hard to say we did anything wrong today (apart for the red card that is, that was a very poor challenge from Sanchez, no problem with him taking one for the team and getting a yellow, could have just brought him down in an attempt to challenge for the ball, but clear forearm in the face, no arguments). In the context of the game, half of it with 10 men and any from home, a point isn't bad, although 3 points we fucking desperately need right now.

Dele was our best player, great running and closing down. Our tempo was so much better are movement up front they couldn't live with when we had 11 on the pitch. 2nd half our shape was excellent, we didn't drop deep and we kept our shape. Thought tripper and Davies were OK too, if a tad wasteful. Also having a DM (1st half) saw more space found by Eriksen and Dele.

The problem is this doesn't get any easier, we are now without Sanchez and Alderwireld for the next three games, the last one of those is City away.

Fuck me. Hate Football.

The FA have just released a statement regarding our match against Stoke on Saturday....sounds like the match will start Tottenham 0-1 Stoke.

To be fair, I felt leading up to this match (with the exception of away to woolwich) we were unlucky to drop points against our opponents despite the dip in form. We have been slow in the first half lately, and if Sanchez were to not concede a silly red I felt we would have certainly come into the match the second half and won it. But it is worrying as to why we are so slow to start. Seems as though the players aren't up for it in the beginning. Really hoping Toby's return isn't delayed. Dip in form and confidence at the moment, but still feel the results will come.

For me that was a red card. Yes the fucker milked it, but it was a reckless challenge and with the rules today equals a dismissal.
Very annoying as without that dumb play am sure we would've won it.
Was pissed off with their goal however. Soft as shit.
Not since Liverpool have I actually enjoyed a league result/performance. Won't be watching MOTD - again!

Richarlison played worse as the game wore on and we went down to ten men. The only thing he showed is that he is a better diver and complainer than Dele is.

The red is a weird one. I can see why it was given, but I think another ref wouldn’t have given it. There’s been a lot worse let off. Atkinson is an awful ref, he should have sent Mingolet off mid week but bottled it, like he did with second yellows today.

City can attract the players to stay even if they don’t get top 4, same as Chelsea, Utd, Liverpool and Woolwich. If we don’t qualify for CL then we’ll struggle to attract players, maybe keep hold of a few due to the wage structure. Not qualifying for the CL affects our income massively.
Agree... City can finish 5th and could still 'pursuade' Neymar to join the Project...
We have the Perma-threat of a mass exodus EVERY YEAR if we don't improve on the previous year... and last years' second place kinda backs us into a corner... we have to win the league to keep everyone apparently, yet City and Chelsea can throw shedloads of cash at 'it' regardless of where they finish... to make SURE they don't repeat the previous season...
It's ALL down to money... ot has been for a while now.

as bad as we have been, we are 4pts off 4th
a great run and we are back in it
but can Poch and the players put together a great run ?

In my opinion it was a red card. Won't get over turned if we appeal.
I’ve seen worse and yellows given,
It took Carrol two intentional elbows to get sent off.
It seem today you can hack down players and get away with it, but once they hold their face, your off.
Atkinson couldn’t have seen anyhting at all. Went by the reaction of the player. Just like Mason did the other day with Ramsey.
Fast forward to today and the Newcastle defender doesnt act like he stepped on a landline, like some action film stunt man, and the same offence goes unpunished by Morata.
He gets a goal from it too.

If you’re not sure you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

I feel sorry for Sanchez. He’s not going to make anymore great tackles as cunts like Sanchez will win free kicks, and we will never again try to do what all defenders do with today's outcome. He had 7 yellows in every game he played last season inc internationals . So he’s not a dirty player.
He’s not had one yellow card this season in all games played inc internationals.

Any team would suffer a poor run if their best CB and CDM were out for an extended period like ours are. Hopefully we'll turn the corner soon and get on a good run. Top four is still absolutely realistic, let's not overreact. I do think CL is our focus this season though.

as bad as we have been, we are 4pts off 4th
a great run and we are back in it
but can Poch and the players put together a great run ?

Agreed. Win 2 and no one will remember this slump. We just have to get out of it. Beat Brighton and Stoke and we’re fine. 4th and topping our CL whilst playing every game away from home is a decent achievement personally.

Agreed. Win 2 and no one will remember this slump. We just have to get out of it. Beat Brighton and Stoke and we’re fine. 4th and topping our CL whilst playing every game away from home is a decent achievement personally.
its not 2 win we need, its about 6 win, so the others will win some of there games

I don't think we were that bad today, some are making out we were shit. Don't know about that. Better from us today than recent string of matches. Still looking slightly tired though.

There is some agenda against us from the refs. All game long we get zero protection, they can commit loads of yellow card fouls without any cards being shown. Lost count of the fouls on Kane.
Don't think any of the Sky teams have to endure this type of shit every week.
First foul on Hazard or Alexis or Aguero and they roll 74 times screaming in agony until the card is given and then proceed to run away like nothing happened.

Anyway we had similar iffy run last season and went on to finish strongly I don't see anything that makes me think we can't do that again.

Didn't see the game as i am work.
Disappointing,but as was said Watford ain't the whipping boys they once were(still not a good result mind).
Only bit i've seen is the red card,and it was.Or i can certainly see why it was given.

IMO it’s time for our players to start playing the game.
It’s how games are won today.
We see it from all the other teams in the top 5 when they need a winner.

If that would have been Kane he wouldn’t have gone down holding his face He’d have battled his way until he lost out or won.
He then would have complained after he got nothing.

In fact he would probably have got penalised for fighting back and pushing him out the way.

Back
Top Bottom