The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Since we beat Madrid and dortmund our league performances have been so poor. It's like we lost our passing quality, energy and composure. We didn't create an awful lot even with 11. Not Kane's fault in having to keep bailing us out but he looks drained too as does so many others. Hopefully he rests as many as possible for midweek (except maybe lamela to build up his fitness) so hopefully we can recover properly and mastermind the tactics against the next two bus parking teams coming to Wembley.

I feel for all the effort and investment Poch has put into these players they are letting him down at the moment. This squad is good enough to blow teams away and it's not happening for whatever reason. I feel that the players are displaying a weak mentality.. Maybe they think they've done their bit the past two seasons and are ready for a big payday elsewhere. Maybe they think their Champion's League results buy them the excuse to stroll around in league matches. I don't know. But they have lost that cutting edge and extra effort in league matches and I think it is worrying.

We are now 15 points off the leaders. For context, we are 14 points above Swansea in 20th place. That's right. We are closer to relegation than winning the league, and for a team that finished second last year that is simply not acceptable, especially with the top quality talent we have (and is fit).

I think, right now, in the short term we have a problem and we need to start acknowledging that. The past two matches were the bounce back games and we all know that the players were capable of winning them. We have gone form over achieving to underachieving in my opinion and I would hate for this run of form to negatively impact Poch as one of our greatest ever managers.

It’s a shame as I was excited by some of the signings we made this season!
Yes a good defender Sanchez then a young another defender them a third choice goal keeper then serge for walker and back up striker Llorente 32.
Fa cup or champions league should be our target now.
We don't go for small cups.

Anyone need a hug I’m sad as fuck
giphy.gif

What would people have preferred if there were a choice - Sanchez doesn't see red but Watford get their last minute penalty and score to beat us or how things really turned out? I think I'd have the latter.

Oh, and anyone not convinced it was handball, take a look at this...

Nailed on

What would people have preferred if there were a choice - Sanchez doesn't see red but Watford get their last minute penalty and score to beat us or how things really turned out? I think I'd have the latter.

Nailed on
Agree with all however that's the first time I saw this as my stream ended about 5 seconds earlier. His hand is already out as he's pointing to those behind him. It's not a deliberate hand ball, his hand/arm doesn't move, it's ball to hand not hand to ball.

For me though I think all contact of the ball with arm or hand should be given as handball. It removes any interpretation, if it hits then it handball, no if's not buts, handball. Everyone will know where they stand then.

Nailed on

I think if the ref was consistent Watford also go down to 10 men and that pen shout doesn't happen or comes when we are winning.

Any team would suffer a poor run if their best CB and CDM were out for an extended period like ours are. Hopefully we'll turn the corner soon and get on a good run. Top four is still absolutely realistic, let's not overreact. I do think CL is our focus this season though.

....Could be but shouldn't be. League is bread and butter.... Esp. considering how important CL qualification is for next season.

Does the phrase "...is not acceptable" boil anyone elses piss?

...What else ya gonna do but swallow it and move on, kiddies?

Just watch the Wembley attendances if this shit continues.

Bet Levy isn't asking dopey questions like this.

#RealWorld

Levy is in a position of influence. Even as a collective we as fans have very little.

Attendence numbers for this stepchild of a season aren't gonna make or break our so-called project and I have no doubt Levy would concur.

Besides, fair weather fans can fuck off.... Bet most that make such entitled statements dont even to games anyway.

Does the phrase "...is not acceptable" boil anyone elses piss?

...What else ya gonna do but swallow it and move on, kiddies?
Yes. Entitled and spoilt. Until Poch starts finishing below 6th (where we financially belong) it's a joke.

I can also spot a retard by their use of "must-win" every week. If it's a fuckin must win that means all is lost is we don't win (hence "must")so how can there be several more straight after ffs. Dramatic cunts everywhere.

Speed in attack is a must. The ability to counter and get from our box to theirs is lacking this season. This is where we need refreshing because we use the same players every game. Not only must there be physical fatigue but mentally it must drain the likes of Kane and Eriksen who are in clearly short of full fitness.

Lamela's return is timely but we need more options in the squad. Either Poch delves into the youth team again or we have to buy.

Liverpool already had a formidable attack and improved it significantly by signing Salah. It adds another string to their bow. They can't start all of Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge and Lallana but that depth is scary.

City are even better and Utd today had the likes of Rashford and Mata on the bench with Mkhitaryan and Zlatan not involved.

Yes it costs a good whack to get these players but we have been blessed that our striker is a product of our own academy and our star young player only cost five mil. We haven't had to splash the cash to assemble what we already have which makes it more infuriating at how we bungle the final pieces of the jigsaw. Between N'Jie, N'Koudou, Janssen and Llorente is £40m combined we spent. For fuck all in return.

One high quality player > a handful of bargain basement punts.

Back
Top Bottom