The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't agree that this is a must-win situation for us, but a good performance and decisive victory would do wonders for morale.

Based on how Poch looked and was speaking after the game yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised to see some things shaken up. We're coming out far too slow and soft in games lately and this is not what we've come to expect from his squads.

Please god, no Sissoko

giphy.gif
eyJ1cmwiOiJodHRwczovL2Rpc2NvcmQuc3RvcmFnZS5nb29nbGVhcGlzLmNvbS9hdHRhY2htZW50cy8yNjgyNDI3Nzc2NTE4MDYyMTAvMzExOTY0NTQyNTM0MDI1MjE3LzB1WW1DSUIucG5nIn0.jpg

Llorente can’t get in the flow of games when he comes off the bench. Start him alongside Kane and then sub him off as the game dictates.

I do wonder if the reason we won againdt Liverpool, Real Madrid and Dortmund is the reason our pressing is off and our attacking play seems more static and random than it did the previous seasons. To me, it looks as if we might have worked too hard on becoming a decent sit-back-and-counter side, which has cost us our ability to control the game higher up the pitch.
Hopefully Poch can whip us back into action!
I forgot what it felt like to really be a spurs fan until last night! :pochsulk:

I'm flying over from Dublin to this was looking forward to it a lot more before yesterday.

Gotta sit in the home end.... hoping for just a bit of fast incisive play wing backs taking players on..... Aurier did his best trippz impression yest, get to the by like, have a look in the box, look back - pass to Dier..... rinse repeat

I say win this and we will have a decent season again, anything else and we will struggle.

Watford are strong going forward but are average at the back. Have to start playing football right from the first minute though.

Seventh now and all the big boys keep on winning. What the hell has happened to us? Too many players believing their own hype? Concentrating too much on the CL? Our play too slow and predictable? We weren't that great to bring with?!

Have to try and keep the faith though and hope things can turn in our favour soon.

Real shame as everything off the pitch is looking good. On it though its almost looking like this season, bar the CL, is a write-off.

Fuck it.

Seventh now and all the big boys keep on winning. What the hell has happened to us? Too many players believing their own hype? Concentrating too much on the CL? Our play too slow and predictable? We weren't that great to bring with?!

Have to try and keep the faith though and hope things can turn in our favour soon.

Real shame as everything off the pitch is looking good. On it though its almost looking like this season, bar the CL, is a write-off.

Fuck it.

*Begin with.

Wow 7th place with burnley above us. Nah mate, Thats gotta change quick time starting with this weekend haha weve been a bit off but not that poor that we deserve to be 7th im sorry.

The lads need to look at that and get angry. I would. COYS!!

Wow 7th place with burnley above us. Nah mate, Thats gotta change quick time starting with this weekend haha weve been a bit off but not that poor that we deserve to be 7th im sorry.

The lads need to look at that and get angry. I would. COYS!!

I doubt some are though. More interested in obtaining a new agent, putting themselves in the shop window in the CL, looking ahead to the World Cup etc etc.

Since the international break our performances have been shite bar the Dortmund match.

Things are looking pretty grim right now and all the naysayers and critics are having a field day.

I'd take 6th right now but maybe better to finish outside the EL places, see how Poch does with a side with zero European commitments. Shit, that worked for Chelsea and Leicester!

Straws clutching at!

I doubt some are though. More interested in obtaining a new agent, putting themselves in the shop window in the CL, looking ahead to the World Cup etc etc.

Since the international break our performances have been shite bar the Dortmund match.

Things are looking pretty grim right now and all the naysayers and critics are having a field day.

I'd take 6th right now but maybe better to finish outside the EL places, see how Poch does with a side with zero European commitments. Shit, that worked for Chelsea and Leicester!

Straws clutching at!
It will get better. Just a dip in form thats lasted longer than it should. We need to change our style. Teams know how we are going to play before we start a game. Revert back to 4-2–3-1. I think we will start seeing improvements from this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom