The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is going to be a jolly game. Am I worried for me...
200.gif

COYS

It is time for a change. 3 at the back is making us too static atm. I’d go for a daring 4-3-3, Lamela can’t play 90 minutes so we’ll shift formation in the second half

[formation=433, Hugo, Trippier, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dele, Winks, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane, Son][/formation]
Demebele to come on after 60 mind for Lamela
Quite like this line up, and I'm a sucker for a 4-3-3 so I'm all for that.

We really need to step it up this weekend to right the ship after last night.

Toby is a loss, that is true, its clear to see, But weve got to suck it up and change the system back to 4 at the back like last season. Dier is a hell of a lot better in a defensive midfield role alongside Winks or Dembele So im going to go with...

[formation="4231, Lloris, Serge, Sanchez, Jan, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Sissoko, Eriksen, Son, Kane"][/formation]

Bench: Gazzaniga, winks, lamela, llorente, foyth, Alli, trippier

Thought aurier was ok last night, i was a bit frustrated with rose and the quality of his crossing. Son played ok when he came on and Lamela was good from the bench but he is still looking for match fitness obviously.

Watford have been a very tricky side and they will cause us problems with our form at the moment. If we are 0-0 at the break then Lamela will add a good spark and i think we will win it 1-0.

COYS!!

Last edited:
[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Winks, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Dier, Alli, Sissoko out. All absolutely awful last night and have been so below par for weeks now. Rotate the full backs and get Lamela in there. Son should have started last night, i can't comprehend why Poch isn't starting him. He was our best player against Dortmund and WBA. Another "must win" game.

We're doomed...
We will lose this
Poch will resign
Kane will sign for Man u
Levy will finally admit that the NLD new build is Arsenals new training ground.
Chas n Dave will be outed as West Ham fans

It's happening folks!!

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Sanchez, Vertonghen, Davies, Winks, Dembele, Lamela, Eriksen, Son, Kane][/formation]

Dier, Alli, Sissoko out. All absolutely awful last night and have been so below par for weeks now. Rotate the full backs and get Lamela in there. Son should have started last night, i can't comprehend why Poch isn't starting him. He was our best player against Dortmund and WBA. Another "must win" game.

Tbh, i find Sonny frustrating as hell some times, but i do think his ommision was a big boo-boo last night...

He deserved a start, coulda done with his pace and trickery (+ as it transpired, his finishing too!) and im convinced Eriksen is crying out for a rest to recharge mentally after his WC expolits.

The defensive end of the line-up doesn't hold much scope for tweaking atm, but i prey we see an attacking 3 of Lamela / Kane / Son this weekend.

That said i think Poch will play a similar hand as the last few games with a view of Erik getting 90m against Apoel whilst CE & Deli rest up.

One way or another i hope he proves me wrong.

Watfords gonna be a proper battle of physicality and work rate... We best be ready to step up and show some balls.

COYS!!!!

:tobyarm:

We seem to have lost the ability to get points when not playing well and score late goals as we did last season. We are clearly missing Toby but also the lack of a determined DM now that Dier is in defence and Wanyama injured. I think we are just too vulnerable down the middle without Dier or Wanyama in Midfield and that is the main difference to last season. I believe Dier must go back to DM and we either play a back 4 or play Foyth or Davies in the back 3. I seem to recall Poch likes a back 3 against Watford even before we played it most of the time. Therefore either Foyth or Davies must play there and Trippier and Rose as WB's. If Rose cannot play another 90 mins yet then it will have to be Foyth.
I hear the calls for Lamela to start but it is much too early and he should come on after 60 mins for Eriksen which will allow eriksen to put everything into 60 mins knowing he does not have to last 90 mins. Therefore Son not needed as impact sub and can start.
We have Apoel in midweek and can rest Eriksen and Dele then and throw our best team at this match. Dele has missed CL and Internationals and should not be tired and can play with his mate Dier in midfield, his form will not improve on the bench. Yes Eriksen tired and off form but he is still the best at what he does. He can rest midweek.

Lloris
Sanchez Vertonghan, Davies/Foyth
Trippier, Dier Dele Rose
Son Eriksen
Kane

Dier as center Back is a gigantic step back comparing to Toby

Maybe so, but as said already 3 with Dier has worked plenty of times, sometimes with him specifically receiving plaudits.

Every month or two consensus seems to switch between ED being better at DM or CB. Truth is hes a utility player for us and a damn good one.

IMO the difference isnt the like for like comparrison between him and Toby its more the absence of Tobys organisational skills which the collective defence miss... Much like his 'deep quarterback' abilities are currently missed further uo the field.

Lets face it Dier / Toby / Jan has worked a treat plenty of times.

Back
Top Bottom