The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pretty depressing that we’ve gone from chasing the league to four points off fourth in what feels like a couple of weeks

Miserable as the last couple of weeks have been, all that tells me is that it may only take a couple of weeks to reverse that.

Really suprised to see so much talk of the season being over....

Chin up Yido's.... A shit load of points still to play for.

Hopefully Poch can whip us back into action!
I forgot what it felt like to really be a spurs fan until last night! :pochsulk:
I know exactly how you feel. During the entirety of the West Brom match I remember being super cool the entire time thinking "nah, we'll fucking bang one in here, everyone will go ape, and we'll laugh about the baggies thinking they had a point." Even when extra time came around, they announced 5 minutes and I thought to myself "Jesus, that's eternity. We might even get 2." I'm sure Harry and the boys were showered and home before I stopped believing that goal was coming. I imagine it's the arrogance those entitled pricks at old trafford felt when they just waited on "fergie time" knowing the bent ref would give them however long it took for them to get a goal.

That feeling has lasted all season, up to about the 80th minute against Leicester when it just fucking dawned on me that it's fucking Spurs and there's no way the goal was ever coming. Now I'm seeing shadows everywhere and thinking I might need to sacrifice a goddamn chicken or something to buy us a goal against Watford who'll probably fucking do us anyway. Proper fucking Spurs are back.

image004.jpg

God knows what this game will bring.

I just hope it is less talk and more action.

I think at this stage it really is a matter of getting confidence back as opposed to worrying our league position.

Unfortunately, we are in the league position where we deserve to be. If you cant beat Burnley, Swansea and WBA at home and then dont win for 3 games on the trot, you are going to slip down the table.

Both sides beaten in the week. We’ll see who wants it more..

I’m not confident.

Son has to play - we need some pace
Winks has to play - he has been the heartbeat this season

Can’t see Dele being benched but I can see him doing it to Eriksen.

If we are chasing the game, then forget it - we can’t rely on Llorente.

No more slow starts. Rot stops here

COYS

was thinking about having davies in back 3 with Dier back to DM position, the trouble there is Jan only looks comfortable on the left not sure if that centre of back 3 his role as it also needs a talker

If we play with the intensity of a team chasing the game from the off we will blow them away. It's poor starts that are hurting, i'm not sure why, i'm guessing its something more mental than physical but it must stop here.

You're shitting your pants while we sit in 7th place. There were days not very long ago when that was a good place to be. Hardly cause to give up football. Things will improve.

Any way, just winding you up.
I remember frantically checking the Fair Play League standings daily to see if our coefficient would get us in.

Benching Dele bought this best out in him last season.

I’d drop him Saturday and go 3-5-2.

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Dier Vertonghen -
- Trippier Dembele Winks Eriksen Davies -
- Kane Son -​

I

I remember the days when appearing on the first page of Teletext league table was an exciting event.
Yes we're in a slump but we'll get out of it.
We were top of the league once (after 4 games, Liverpool had a game in hand at the time but they didn't win it) so I printed the league and put it above my desk at work.

Such negativity from you guys.

Just a pre-warning that you are likely to be gift wrapped at least 4 guilt-edged chances by us as standard so as long as you can beat SuperGomes then you should score at least 3.

Let's hope we can score 4. Hope your defense is sh!te.

Such negativity from you guys.

Just a pre-warning that you are likely to be gift wrapped at least 4 guilt-edged chances by us as standard so as long as you can beat SuperGomes then you should score at least 3.

Let's hope we can score 4. Hope your defense is sh!te.
right, give us Richarlison or GTFO

Back
Top Bottom