The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For Stoke, I'd like to see a 4-2-3-1 and Lamela start instead of Dele or Eriksen. They need a rest.
In my opinion, rest them all midweek. We need to go as strong as we can against Stoke, from the off.

- Lloris -
- Trippier Dier Vertonghen Rose -
- Dembele Winks -
- Son Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -​

The red is a weird one. I can see why it was given, but I think another ref wouldn’t have given it. There’s been a lot worse let off. Atkinson is an awful ref, he should have sent Mingolet off mid week but bottled it, like he did with second yellows today.

I’ve seen worse and yellows given,
It took Carrol two intentional elbows to get sent off.
It seem today you can hack down players and get away with it, but once they hold their face, your off.
Atkinson couldn’t have seen anyhting at all. Went by the reaction of the player. Just like Mason did the other day with Ramsey.
Fast forward to today and the Newcastle defender doesnt act like he stepped on a landline, like some action film stunt man, and the same offence goes unpunished by Morata.
He gets a goal from it too.

If you’re not sure you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

I feel sorry for Sanchez. He’s not going to make anymore great tackles as cunts like Sanchez will win free kicks, and we will never again try to do what all defenders do with today's outcome. He had 7 yellows in every game he played last season inc internationals . So he’s not a dirty player.
He’s not had one yellow card this season in all games played inc internationals.

If that's the case it will get turned over on appeal but it won't as it's a red card offence. Not one person on the panel would over turn that.

I have no gripe about being given a red for that, my gripe is a couple of Watford players should have received a 2nd yellow.

What would people have preferred if there were a choice - Sanchez doesn't see red but Watford get their last minute penalty and score to beat us or how things really turned out? I think I'd have the latter.

Oh, and anyone not convinced it was handball, take a look at this...

Nailed on

I think if the ref was consistent Watford also go down to 10 men and that pen shout doesn't happen or comes when we are winning.

Speed in attack is a must. The ability to counter and get from our box to theirs is lacking this season. This is where we need refreshing because we use the same players every game. Not only must there be physical fatigue but mentally it must drain the likes of Kane and Eriksen who are in clearly short of full fitness.

Lamela's return is timely but we need more options in the squad. Either Poch delves into the youth team again or we have to buy.

Liverpool already had a formidable attack and improved it significantly by signing Salah. It adds another string to their bow. They can't start all of Salah, Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Sturridge and Lallana but that depth is scary.

City are even better and Utd today had the likes of Rashford and Mata on the bench with Mkhitaryan and Zlatan not involved.

Yes it costs a good whack to get these players but we have been blessed that our striker is a product of our own academy and our star young player only cost five mil. We haven't had to splash the cash to assemble what we already have which makes it more infuriating at how we bungle the final pieces of the jigsaw. Between N'Jie, N'Koudou, Janssen and Llorente is £40m combined we spent. For fuck all in return.

One high quality player > a handful of bargain basement punts.

We're doomed...
We will lose this
Poch will resign
Kane will sign for Man u
Levy will finally admit that the NLD new build is Arsenals new training ground.
Chas n Dave will be outed as West Ham fans

It's happening folks!!

Hopefully Poch can whip us back into action!
I forgot what it felt like to really be a spurs fan until last night! :pochsulk:
I know exactly how you feel. During the entirety of the West Brom match I remember being super cool the entire time thinking "nah, we'll fucking bang one in here, everyone will go ape, and we'll laugh about the baggies thinking they had a point." Even when extra time came around, they announced 5 minutes and I thought to myself "Jesus, that's eternity. We might even get 2." I'm sure Harry and the boys were showered and home before I stopped believing that goal was coming. I imagine it's the arrogance those entitled pricks at old trafford felt when they just waited on "fergie time" knowing the bent ref would give them however long it took for them to get a goal.

That feeling has lasted all season, up to about the 80th minute against Leicester when it just fucking dawned on me that it's fucking Spurs and there's no way the goal was ever coming. Now I'm seeing shadows everywhere and thinking I might need to sacrifice a goddamn chicken or something to buy us a goal against Watford who'll probably fucking do us anyway. Proper fucking Spurs are back.

image004.jpg

Such negativity from you guys.

Just a pre-warning that you are likely to be gift wrapped at least 4 guilt-edged chances by us as standard so as long as you can beat SuperGomes then you should score at least 3.

Let's hope we can score 4. Hope your defense is sh!te.
right, give us Richarlison or GTFO

When does the word "crisis", said in jest accompanied with a roll of the eyes, grow into full blown "Poch Out" mania? If you were one of the blokes stood behind me at Leicester then you are probably there already.

You can say this game is "must win", but that to me shows the ludicrous fragility of management in the PL. That in some people's minds a manager like Poch can undo everything good and positive that has come out the club since he took over in the space of a month.

Less than two years ago i stood on a bus on the way back from the Stadio Artemio Franchi after a fairly insipid one all draw and we sung his name over and over and over for what seemed like an hour. We all knew how special he was that night, and what difference he had made to the way a lot of us felt about our club. All that has changed now is the level of expectation. A level of expectation that has caused some of us to disregard some of the best performances in Europe many of us will have seen in decades... Getting knocked out of the UEFA cup to Kaiserslautern it is not.

If, as fans, we allow these unnecessary levels of presumptuousness and expectation to manifest and proliferate and we force the chairmans hand and drive this man from the club (with no small part to be played by the manipulation of the mainstream media) then it will be the worse thing to happen to us in living memory.

:adesalute:

Back
Top Bottom