The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur v. Watford||away

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Err... is that a north London thing? We call them "nappies" and are mainly reserved for the very young and incontinent.

Ask for the "toilet" when you're up on the weekend. You'll find it a novel yet interesting experience.

Just don't look at anyone else's penis, it just all gets a little awkward.

Now you're just being weird. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

For us literate and computer savvy it takes mere seconds. Unlike you north London monkeys who probably posted your request to join and waited 6 weeks for a reply before realising you a. didn't fix a stamp, b. don't even know what a stamp is, and c. addressed it to Kermit The Frog by mistake.

And adversary? See you no the way past numbnuts! Enjoy your journey to the chumpionship. We'll send our regards from the Champions league :D

Any better mate? ;)
Yep. Thanks.

Lloris
Aurier Sanchez vertonghen Rose
Dier winks
Lamela eriksen Son
Kane
id swap eriksen with dele purely because eriksen has played so many games this season - needs a rest

also if ur not playing a back 3 then trippier and davies would be more suited as they dont bomb forward as much - it would leave just sanchesz and vertonghen too exposed

Destiny is now Oceana and is a lot bigger and complex with about 3 other bars around the outside and a Quasar laser shooting thingamybob. Area is now called Bed I think.

Are you from Berko or just a Berk O?! Love the Rex cinema over there. Usually go for an afternoon viewing followed up by a Thai next door.
Burko purely because of my surname, used to be up Watford pretty much every week. Went to a couple of games at your place, the last I went to was against Walsall, which looks to have been at least 15 years ago. :dembele:

We put 8 past Watford last season, and 7 past them Marco Silva’s Hull in 1 game. This is going to be completely different though.

When does the word "crisis", said in jest accompanied with a roll of the eyes, grow into full blown "Poch Out" mania? If you were one of the blokes stood behind me at Leicester then you are probably there already.

You can say this game is "must win", but that to me shows the ludicrous fragility of management in the PL. That in some people's minds a manager like Poch can undo everything good and positive that has come out the club since he took over in the space of a month.

Less than two years ago i stood on a bus on the way back from the Stadio Artemio Franchi after a fairly insipid one all draw and we sung his name over and over and over for what seemed like an hour. We all knew how special he was that night, and what difference he had made to the way a lot of us felt about our club. All that has changed now is the level of expectation. A level of expectation that has caused some of us to disregard some of the best performances in Europe many of us will have seen in decades... Getting knocked out of the UEFA cup to Kaiserslautern it is not.

If, as fans, we allow these unnecessary levels of presumptuousness and expectation to manifest and proliferate and we force the chairmans hand and drive this man from the club (with no small part to be played by the manipulation of the mainstream media) then it will be the worse thing to happen to us in living memory.

Saying that... he better fucking win tomorrow. COYS

Last edited:
When does the word "crisis", said in jest accompanied with a roll of the eyes, grow into full blown "Poch Out" mania? If you were one of the blokes stood behind me at Leicester then you are probably there already.

You can say this game is "must win", but that to me shows the ludicrous fragility of management in the PL. That in some people's minds a manager like Poch can undo everything good and positive that has come out the club since he took over in the space of a month.

Less than two years ago i stood on a bus on the way back from the Stadio Artemio Franchi after a fairly insipid one all draw and we sung his name over and over and over for what seemed like an hour. We all knew how special he was that night, and what difference he had made to the way a lot of us felt about our club. All that has changed now is the level of expectation. A level of expectation that has caused some of us to disregard some of the best performances in Europe many of us will have seen in decades... Getting knocked out of the UEFA cup to Kaiserslautern it is not.

If, as fans, we allow these unnecessary levels of presumptuousness and expectation to manifest and proliferate and we force the chairmans hand and drive this man from the club (with no small part to be played by the manipulation of the mainstream media) then it will be the worse thing to happen to us in living memory.

:adesalute:

Blatant... :pochsmirk:

Guilty. The atmosphere was amazing that day though. European away day aside.

It just goes to show how isolated some people's attitudes towards the club can be. A lot of fans find it difficult not to take results (or even a number of results) in isolation.

i don't think its helped by the extra attention we seem to receive from rivals and the media who see us as a tangible threat nowadays rather than also rans who flatter to deceive.

Every time we drop points it's a matter of national interest and that obviously makes it harder to take.

We're going to get out of this little slump I'm sure of it, just a matter of when, and I'm seriously hoping it's this weekend.

There does appear to be one constant...Harry is still scoring. I'd go with 4 at the back this weekend with the 2 in front to try and get that clean sheet we need.

If we have another good xmas we will be back up there looking good for top 4....he says :kanehand:

Every generation will develop their own idea on what football mean, mirrored against their own life expectations? We should respect each other views-thats football. For me modern football is broken and has lost its soul. Supporters want it now and can't understand why it not so- "buy the players" "pay the wages" and so on...

Not lose (draw would be acceptable) against Watford, steady the ship and march on is the sensible thing to do but I guess supporters will expect to win and win big and so on? We need to calm down and get our football back on line.

For supporters who have experienced the modern phenomena, must find it difficult to show patience because of the examples that City and Chelsea are promoting and what they experience in their every day life. Today, if you want something, just go out and get it regardless if you have the money or not-football reflects this?

The fair play system came with good intentions and was then exploited by the City and Chavs, so its never going to be 'fair' as designed. Christmas trees going up in November-why? people can't wait for nearer the time , impatience . Society as a whole is-wanting it now-instant gratification. Football reflects society.

Guilty. The atmosphere was amazing that day though. European away day aside.

It just goes to show how isolated some people's attitudes towards the club can be. A lot of fans find it difficult not to take results (or even a number of results) in isolation.

i don't think its helped by the extra attention we seem to receive from rivals and the media who see us as a tangible threat nowadays rather than also rans who flatter to deceive.

Every time we drop points it's a matter of national interest and that obviously makes it harder to take.

You're a victim of your own success. You did well last year.

Fans expect the same or better this year but every point you lose or drop is magnifying the ever widening gap to your rivals at the top. In isolation a loss here and a draw there isn't so bad. But you've dropped 8 points out of 9 available while the rest of the top 6 all keep winning.

A loss tomorrow represents 1 point in 12; a draw 2 points in 12.

Every other team seems to be growing, improving and building on last years team. You don't appear to seem so.

Anyway, fans are fickle. Win your next 3 games and all will be forgotten.

You're a victim of your own success. You did well last year.

Fans expect the same or better this year but every point you lose or drop is magnifying the ever widening gap to your rivals at the top. In isolation a loss here and a draw there isn't so bad. But you've dropped 8 points out of 9 available while the rest of the top 6 all keep winning.

A loss tomorrow represents 1 point in 12; a draw 2 points in 12.

Every other team seems to be growing, improving and building on last years team. You don't appear to seem so.

Anyway, fans are fickle. Win your next 3 games and all will be forgotten.

"Now over to the moose with the news. "

adriandurhamresize.jpg

Back
Top Bottom