OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We made changes in the Carabao Cup and look what happened.
We can’t afford to make too many changes. We are at home a top 6 side supposedly, should be aiming to win competitions so why should we let Burnley come to our gaff and win. A defeat would at home to Burnley bottom 3 side is unthinkable and there is no exscuse Ange could make for a loss due to team selection. They will make changes but we should go strong as possible to start. Same back 4, Vic in goal, Bent/PEH, kulu / Skipp, Gio with rich , bj and Gil. Be unforgivable to lose this one with a full house. We can’t just keep binning these competitions.

The cross he put in for Richy's goal was worth the entrance fee alone.

The kid is going to need time to settle in, playing in an injury ravaged side i think we all need to cut him some slack.
May be but the whole 11 need help in stopping the oppo attacking. If he could press better, keep the ball better, pass better and help out when we don’t have the ball then it would help towards controlling games better.

Too bad they don't see the same way.. At this stage we will never win FA cup, why are we not giving youth a chance.

I'll drag sessegnon to play this, he's shit and wasting our money by getting injured
Why the defeatist attitude that we will never win the cup. If that is the attitude why bother. We have an expensively assembled squad that should be able to cope with another game. I don’t want to hear afterwards if we lose and made loads of changes Ange saying the side was good enough to win. If that is the case then any players who he brings in like the academy players why arnt they been given minutes in the PL? If he prefers to bring on dier ahead of Philips or dorrington when 3 up then he cannot then start them v Burnley.

May be but the whole 11 need help in stopping the oppo attacking. If he could press better, keep the ball better, pass better and help out when we don’t have the ball then it would help towards controlling games better.

As I said, he's just back from injury, in a new team, and learning under Ange.

Porro wasn't this Porro last season was he?

Give the kid time.

Agreed but greavsie had a large repertoire of goal scoring methods and I haven't seen anything but easy stuff from this guy. I hope I'm wrong but at the moment, he's not worth half of what we paid for him...still, it's a new year...let's see what it brings..
Happy new year btw

Same to you mate

Difficult comparing anyone with Greavsie but as long as Richi knocks them in on a regular basis I don’t care

I take your point about the money spent and £100 million for him Johnson seems excessive!

Yeah I’d agree with you, it’s got to be a combination of being absolutely shattered, and also being aware that’s he’s got an international tournament coming up, possibly the last one for him representing SK

Like I said, it’s understandable he maybe wants to manage himself, the scheduling is horrendous
We love you. You are are the opposite of VAR.

#RAV?

Finally managed to feel well enough to go to a match. Had to miss Everton and Brighton because of lergy. Got absolutely drenched, exhausted when got home, slept through New Year.

GLC - another v good performance. Since he's come back into the reckoning he's in the main been outstanding (silly pen at 0-3 notwithstanding). Without him I'd say we'd be half a dozen points down. We'd have no outball, no one able to see the next pass. Had several arguments with people here saying "Get rid, he's no good even if fit". Maybe they'll shut it now.

Royal and Davies another immense game in defence out of their normal positions. The latter's block popped the ball onto the bar saving a pretty certain goal. Udogie another great game, Porro less so with us looking v vulnerable down our right.

Sonny? lovely goal and a great would be assist, but otherwise pretty patchy.

Haven't been around to check the news on Veliz. Rotten luck. Ditto Sarr. Couldn't see how we'd win with Skipp and then PEH in MF. Couldn't believe his choice of a through ball to the crocked Veliz when Sonny was running though on his left.

Glad to see Richi getting another goal (great ball from Royal, great cross Johnson). He'd missed a chance earlier on. He's a confidence player and couldn't see the point of taking him off immediately after scoring. Could have got another on the break by the end surely with AFCB pushing up like crazy.

No such thing as a dull game with Ange Ball. Last season we hardly had anything that counted as entertainment.

Fingers X'ed we hang in there till the end of Jan with players coming back from injury and hopefully another CB bought. Let's bet Burnley and hope for a kind draw next round. Let's give the FA cup a real go and fuck Levy.

We can’t afford to make too many changes. We are at home a top 6 side supposedly, should be aiming to win competitions so why should we let Burnley come to our gaff and win. A defeat would at home to Burnley bottom 3 side is unthinkable and there is no exscuse Ange could make for a loss due to team selection. They will make changes but we should go strong as possible to start. Same back 4, Vic in goal, Bent/PEH, kulu / Skipp, Gio with rich , bj and Gil. Be unforgivable to lose this one with a full house. We can’t just keep binning these competitions.
Totally agree, the other points re all this daft talk of "resting" players is that we have only three games in Jan, and during Jan we will get back Romero, VdV, Solomon, and Madders.

Why the defeatist attitude that we will never win the cup. If that is the attitude why bother. We have an expensively assembled squad that should be able to cope with another game. I don’t want to hear afterwards if we lose and made loads of changes Ange saying the side was good enough to win. If that is the case then any players who he brings in like the academy players why arnt they been given minutes in the PL? If he prefers to bring on dier ahead of Philips or dorrington when 3 up then he cannot then start them v Burnley.
Just being realistic here, we aren't man City standard. This is how some are contented with where the club is.

We may not win all game but we put in a fight and give you opportunity. It's no point wanting to sign mbappe and Messi and build your fantasy football.

We need an identity where any young star plays w our DNA.

Yep I would as he didn't have control of the game and it got worse after the subs. We conceded after the subs and nearly conceded more.
Bentancur was the only sub that had to be made. Maybe one or two more but not five.
90 minutes. 7 minutes injury time the first half, 9 in the second plus a couple more slightly over.

Almost 120 minutes of football, with players that have played a LOT of games and are fucked. I wonder why he had to make subs.

Nah, keep them all on...

Back
Top Bottom