OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home. Thank fuck that rain during the game stopped before the final whistle. An amazing result considering everything and also considering two more injuries. It is getting silly now.

Great game to finish the year on, though despite the 40/50 minutes of nerves I don’t really remember Vicario having a save to make.

Very concerned about Johnson though. I think someone needs to sit him down and tell him he ain’t at Forest any longer. You can’t coast through games like that playing for us not wanting to get your knees dirty.

Just got home. Thank fuck that rain during the game stopped before the final whistle. An amazing result considering everything and also considering two more injuries. It is getting silly now.

Great game to finish the year on, though despite the 40/50 minutes of nerves I don’t really remember Vicario having a save to make.

Very concerned about Johnson though. I think someone needs to sit him down and tell him he ain’t at Forest any longer. You can’t coast through games like that playing for us not wanting to get your knees dirty.

The cross he put in for Richy's goal was worth the entrance fee alone.

The kid is going to need time to settle in, playing in an injury ravaged side i think we all need to cut him some slack.

Last edited:
Great season so far and we all know it can get better and that’s the scary thing. Ange will deliver.
Great day with us winning and Woolwich losing.

Happy New Year and aw the best to my Tottenham friends. 🍾 🥳 🍺🥃🍸🍹🧉🍷🥂🍻

Happy New Year to one and all when it swings round.

Great result, we're moving in the right direction aren't we people! Would have had calamity written all over it under different regimes.

Up the spurs and all you lot, too

Very good atmosphere today, and today was the first, and last time I will post during a game, and I'm glad Son proved me wrong.
Health and success to you all, in 2024.
COYS!

Alex Scott looks good , let’s see if he wants to come home in the summer!
I reckon there was a clause in his pre-contract to allow him to score his first goal at the Stadium, in return for first refusal come the Summer...

My Nephew goes to Bristol Uni, and has seen him around town a few times... Once even in his Spurs shirt!!

Decent lad by all accounts, and a fucking baller! (according to my nephew!)

So funny how the narrative all season has been we need to temper our expectations, we can't seriously expect to challenge, Woolwich are the only serious contender for City's throne, and we go into 2024 ONE point behind them with the home fixture yet to play.
Im not saying we are title contenders but the media give lego man and his band of merry cunts way too much credit.
If they are, then so are we...
But they're not, and neither are we....

yet....

Can't emphasis how big a result that was today whatever way you look at it.
Goons coming down with the Xmas decorations as usual..no chance of buying anyone either cos the cunts have done there load regarding ffp unless they sell.
2 weeks now to the next league game in that time signings and vdv back , bentancur fully fit And a manager, team, squad and support United like I've hardly known in 55 years .
I ain't counting chickens whatsoever but where in as good a place as I can remember for a very long time.

Re: match threads, i never read that part that is generated during the game. Since all opinions are driven by emotions. I read it only before match and then after the game i jump into place where people write their thougts after the match. Re: game, had very harsh thoughts about our front 3, and after all im very happy all of them contributed :)

Last edited:
It's funny to go back to the first pages of this thread and see how many were shitting their thongs, queuing up to crucify Emerson Royal and Ben Davies.

Not one of them has stopped by to give them a modicum of credit, especially the former who bore the brunt of the cuntings yet had a fantastic game today.
Yeah - something was in the stars today that made Emerson look good. Not something you would want for the rest of the season but well played Sir.

It's funny to go back to the first pages of this thread and see how many were shitting their thongs, queuing up to crucify Emerson Royal and Ben Davies.

Not one of them has stopped by to give them a modicum of credit, especially the former who bore the brunt of the cuntings yet had a fantastic game today.
As someone who has never looked too favourably on him, I was really impressed with his ball winning ability today, as well as his general attacking play.

From the replay, it looked to me like he hyperextended his knee. Honestly, tough kid, but no idea why he kept getting up when he obviously couldn’t run at all. I feel for him, but that was pretty daft.

For me, a lot of candidates for MOTM. So happy to Gio come around and show why we bought him a few seasons ago! But the guy who was immense was Udogie. He bailed others out several times and at one point his closing speed was something we haven’t seen since VDV. He’s just been such an amazing addition.

Funny game though. We could have easily lost, could have scored 2/3 more at least and even at 3-1 it seemed a little nervy. These are the kinds of wins that good sides take though!

I’m so pleased with Ange and what he’s brought to this club though! I wouldn’t say I was skeptical, but just unsure this summer. Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman told me that he was going to be awesome though, and perhaps as usual, she was right!
In a word. Team.

That's the one thing I see more than anything else. Tactics this, pressing that, inversion the other.

Sonny is the perfect fit (as captain) on the pitch. I see players playing for each other, not for themselves.

Proper team being built.

The cross he put in for Richy's goal was worth the entrance fee alone.

The kid is going to need time to settle in, playing in an injury ravaged side i think we all need to cut him some slack.
Exactly. He's clearly got talent but this was an enormous change of culture for him, pay grade, pressure and so on. He's clearly a gentle sort (despite his shenanigans with Richy last season!) and just needs to build up enough anger issues to get fookin stook in more! :angryscouser:

Back
Top Bottom