OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is going to be a tough one. We will be without Kulusevski and we have little time to prepare for the match and very little in the way of rotation options. I understand the call for Veliz to start but I don't think it will happen.

If memory serves, we lost this fixture last season. Hopefully the lads will surprise us.

COYS

This is going to be a tough one. We will be without Kulusevski and we have little time to prepare for the match and very little in the way of rotation options. I understand the call for Veliz to start but I don't think it will happen.

If memory serves, we lost this fixture last season. Hopefully the lads will surprise us.

COYS
GLC to replace Deki for this one

COYS
What's your MDT record like mate

What's your MDT record like mate
Not too bad. Years ago, on another forum, I started the OMT for the Man City game in 15/16 when we won 4-1. I started the thread in a burst of optimism from out of nowhere and boldly predicted us to win 3-0 with a Kane hat-trick (Kane had been struggling to score at that point).

Kane didn't get a hat-trick but I found it in my heart to live with the result we got.

I also recently started the Newcastle match thread.

Said when the Romero news hit that we need to just get through these games and get to January. Didn't expect us to beat Brighton and said Bournemouth would be a harder game.

Not looking forward to this one tbh but I'm hoping we get a reaction. Home fans need to be in great voice and we need to find our ruthlessness, they're in great form.

Vicario
Porro - Don't - Care - Udogie
Sarr - Hojbjerg - Lo Celso
Johnson - Son - Richarlison
I imagine. Skipp may come back in for Hojbjerg, but I doubt it'll make much difference at this point.

For me this is where ang needs to start showing some bollocks. Hojbjerg or skipp cannot play the 6 role in this ange system. For me the only available cm we have best suited to that role is sarr or lo celso.Johnson doesn't deserve to start. I loved veliz movement and desire and he took his goal like a proper striker.
Vicario
Porro Royal Davies Udogie
Hojbjerg Sarr lo celso
Richarlison veliz Son

Bournemouth unbeaten in the last 9 and won as many points as Liverpool, who’re top in the form table in the last 10 games.

This will be another defeat if we play the way we’ve been playing lately but can’t say I’d be surprised.

I think we lose this, Bournemouth are in form and we are the pub league equivilent of having to play a double header with 10 men and Big Keith who is so shit he usually runs the line is playing CF.

If you've played pub football you know.

Will be shocked if we get anything out of this. We’re running on fumes with major gaps all across the pitch. Our youngsters must really not be ready for Ange to not give them a run out, even with all our injury problems and so-called fatigue.

2023 can get the fuck, bring on 2024 please and the return of our players :ange-pray:

--------------------vic----------------------
-porro------PEH-----davies-------udogie
------------sarr---------gio--------------------
johnson----------gil-----------------son
-----------------richy-------------------------

thats got to produce better football than having royal and davies trying triangles with PEH. sarr and gio both very capable of getting the ball up the pitch and both have good enough technique to get out of there in control.

if that 3 is too lightweight behind richy then get veliz on and move richy to the left and probably get johnson off, especially if hes dodging fucking 50-50s again. sets the fucking tone that does when someone youre in the trenches with is pussying out of duals.

we wont win games with royal and davies at CB. not going to happen. time to try something different, worst ways it will be just as bad...so fucking what. at least theres a chance of it being something slightly better.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom