OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s f’in Bournemouth at home lads. They’ve played almost nothing but the bottom half and the decimated Barcodes during their run. Depleted squad or not - we should be winning this.

And WTF is wrong with the scheduling in this bent league. We have to go Thursday night to Sunday. Meanwhile Bournemouth played on Tuesday. Liverpool goes Tuesday to Tuesday.

Last edited:
For me this is where ang needs to start showing some bollocks. Hojbjerg or skipp cannot play the 6 role in this ange system. For me the only available cm we have best suited to that role is sarr or lo celso.Johnson doesn't deserve to start. I loved veliz movement and desire and he took his goal like a proper striker.
Vicario
Porro Royal Davies Udogie
Hojbjerg Sarr lo celso
Richarlison veliz Son
Agree with this largely but think we have to start a CB. Donley for Hoj

I think we lose this, Bournemouth are in form and we are the pub league equivilent of having to play a double header with 10 men and Big Keith who is so shit he usually runs the line is playing CF.

If you've played pub football you know.
Hang on, we were in some sort of form going into last nights' game...
Doesn't count for shit apparently... Or is it only a one way street when we're involved?

Form goes out the window in games like thes.... Oh, hang on, that's local Derbies and Cup matches, innit?

Start Dier or Philips. Skipp for Hojbjerg based purely on the fact at least he has some energy, assume Lo Celso for Kulsevski but i'd be tempted to start Donley, again just more energy.
Dier and Phillips is a no brainer

They can't possibly be any worse than Davies and Royale at Centre back.

Brighton just had chance after chance after chance straight through the middle of our defence last night. It wasn't even clever, most of the time it was a longish ball over the top from the right which just totally bamboozled our centre backs positioning leaving acres of space behind them.

This was about 10 or 11 times in the first half alone.

It’s f’in Bournemouth at home lads. They’ve played almost nothing but the bottom half and the decimated Barcodes during their run. Depleted squad or not - we should be winning this.

And WTF is wrong with the scheduling in this bent league. We have to go Thursday night to Sunday. Meanwhile Bournemouth played on Tuesday. Liverpool goes Tuesday to Tuesday.
Because those in power will do everything possible, within the laws of the game, to fuck us over.

Dier and Phillips is a no brainer

They can't possibly be any worse than Davies and Royale at Centre back.

Brighton just had chance after chance after chance straight through the middle of our defence last night. It wasn't even clever, most of the time it was a longish ball over the top from the right which just totally bamboozled our centre backs positioning leaving acres of space behind them.

This was about 10 or 11 times in the first half alone.
Brighton were doing the FIFA equivalent of the chipped through ball over the high line.

It'll be worse with Dier. Dier can only play with a quick defender OR in a three. Ange won't play three.

I personally think perhaps play Dier as the 6. Because he can actually pass. What he can't do is run.

Less than 48 hours rest for this game is a joke , the scheduling this season towards us has been an absolute joke!
This is the last game till we can get some reinforcements in so let’s just make sure we don’t get any stupid red cards or gift any stupid pens! The football this season has been great at times but our discipline has been poor, obviously it doesn’t help that the oppo get away with murder!
Home support is going to be needed to help us get anything here !

Difficult to be confident after last night. Ange talked about tiredness and with this match coming so soon he really needs to freshen up the team. Lo Celso and Skipp are 2 but we need more and maybe he needs to be bold and play Phillips & Gil. I would normally expect a win at home in this fixture but I cannot see it after last night.

They'll win.
Don't be arrogant.

Back
Top Bottom