OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Bissouma still suspended for this, I thought it was only a 2 game ban.
Did you not get the memo about Bissouma not being available until after AFCON? His suspension and his involvement in the aforementioned competition means he won't be available until February.

Personally, I think the club should have stopped him going to AFCON as punishment for his suspension. Either that or dock his wages for every week of football he misses. If players aren't held accountable for their behaviour, they won't change.

Dier and Phillips is a no brainer

They can't possibly be any worse than Davies and Royale at Centre back.

Brighton just had chance after chance after chance straight through the middle of our defence last night. It wasn't even clever, most of the time it was a longish ball over the top from the right which just totally bamboozled our centre backs positioning leaving acres of space behind them.

This was about 10 or 11 times in the first half alone.
Yes my man, our CB duo was very poor last night, you're right.

But...gotta concede it's not as if they got a lot of help from the FB, midfield and our wingers, no?

Always easy for us fans to point the finger at the CB & keeper when conceding goals...we give Vic a pass cause he's awesome...but Royal & Ben always get the bullet.

IMHO defending and stopping the oppo from getting chances/scoring is an 11-man task. The day our lads understand that, see how we start accumulating clean sheets.

Yes my man, our CB duo was very poor last night, you're right.

But...gotta concede it's not as if they got a lot of help from the FB, midfield and our wingers, no?

Always easy for us fans to point the finger at the CB & keeper when conceding goals...we give Vic a pass cause he's awesome...but Royal & Ben always get the bullet.

IMHO defending and stopping the oppo from getting chances/scoring is an 11-man task. The day our lads understand that, see how we start accumulating clean sheets.

There was a huge gap between midfield and defence. Not often at all we've seen that in games this season and we really struggled because of it.

For all the negative reactions towards our centre backs. We conceded 4 goals and they were due to poor marking from Udogie on the first, a silly penalty from Kulusevski, a worldie from Estupinan and a silly penalty from Lo Celso.

Who partners Davies? Lunacy to put Royal in again…. Hoj? Phillips? dorrington? Sarr?
All of them! Play 5 at the back... and an Ossie style 'Famous 5' up front .. that'll confuse the hell out of them... a 5-0-5 formation!!

Dier and Phillips is a no brainer
They can't possibly be any worse than Davies and Royale at Centre back.
Brighton just had chance after chance after chance straight through the middle of our defence last night. It wasn't even clever, most of the time it was a longish ball over the top from the right which just totally bamboozled our centre FULL backs positioning leaving acres of space behind them.

This was about 10 or 11 times in the first half alone.
FIXED!

Is Bissouma still suspended for this, I thought it was only a 2 game ban.
It's effectively 8/9 games out... As he'll miss 4 with the ban and at least another 3-4 or even 5 with the AFCON!
Honest question, HAD he not been sent off when he was, and instead 'saved it' for last night, would his banned games counted as ones he'd have missed anyway, or would they be held over til he got back? 'Cos THAT would've been a clever way to get round it!

We're starting to come out the back end of our player issues, were down to just these missing for the Bournemouth game....

Romero
van de Ven
Bissouma
Bentancur
Maddison
Kulusevski
Solomon
Perisic

after which we only lose Son and Sarr so things are looking up.... finally!

We're starting to come out the back end of our player issues, were down to just these missing for the Bournemouth game....

Romero
van de Ven
Bissouma
Bentancur
Maddison
Kulusevski
Solomon
Perisic

You forgot Sessegnon!.........🤦‍♂️

Personally, I think the club should have stopped him going to AFCON as punishment for his suspension.
Not viable on many levels. But I like your style 🤣

Either that or dock his wages for every week of football he misses. If players aren't held accountable for their behaviour, they won't change.
That I'm with you. I used to coach a bit and I was always crystal clear with my lads: I want you aggressive out there, but within the limits, don't go be reckless. You get sent off playing the ball or sacrificing yourself (last man), that's okay. But you get a red for being violent, malicious, talking back to the ref...you get a team ban, a fine and/or other in-house sanction. Same if you gave a pen/goal away by just being plain lazy/stupid.

IMHO (and I know it's not a popular one at all on here, seen how Romero & Biss are such darlings) Ange should've proper disciplined them, especially Biss for that mug dive vs Luton. And he should do likewise with Kulu cause that shirt pull on Wellbeck was totally silly and cost us the game.

Romero
van de Ven
Bissouma
Bentancur
Maddison
Kulusevski
Solomon
Perisic

100%.

When you look at it we’re only really missing two of the best centre backs, one of the best attacking mid, one of the best wingers and two of the best defensive mids in the league, plus a load of good quality squad players.

Any team competing for the Top 7 should be able to cope with that to be honest.

Sad Season 4 GIF by The Office

Anyone who calls us “Spursy” deserves kneecapping. It is beyond laughable how depleted this squad is.

There was a huge gap between midfield and defence. Not often at all we've seen that in games this season and we really struggled because of it.

For all the negative reactions towards our centre backs. We conceded 4 goals and they were due to poor marking from Udogie on the first, a silly penalty from Kulusevski, a worldie from Estupinan and a silly penalty from Lo Celso.
That is why I love you, amigo.

Nobody calls a spade a spade like you do, Starksey.

Bullseye GIF by Keith Urban

Did you not get the memo about Bissouma not being available until after AFCON? His suspension and his involvement in the aforementioned competition means he won't be available until February.

Personally, I think the club should have stopped him going to AFCON as punishment for his suspension. Either that or dock his wages for every week of football he misses. If players aren't held accountable for their behaviour, they won't change.
That can't be done.

Honest question, HAD he not been sent off when he was, and instead 'saved it' for last night, would his banned games counted as ones he'd have missed anyway, or would they be held over til he got back? 'Cos THAT would've been a clever way to get round it!
We’ve been through all that earlier in the Brighton thread.

Missed games during tournaments do not count, so he would have had to serve them when he got back. Burnley does count as his fourth though even if he has left because the tournament has not started.

Not sure my nerves can take another high defensive like with either Dier or Royal at RCB.
The Romero injury, performance for 80 mins and fucking same fucking boring story from officials and I can’t get nervous if I tried.

I’ll watch but all the vibes of Ange ball with players that can play it are long gone. It’s just the trudge of completing the premier leagues shit schedule with their shit officials now.

Vicario
Porro Philips Davis Udogie
Sarr GLC
Johnson Gil Richarlison
Veliz​

This what I would like to see.

Fair choice but not sure GLC or Johnson are worth their places as they go missing far too often
So Skipp for GLC and maybe Son for Johnson if fit but he had a poor game last night

Back
Top Bottom