OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fan from Australia here, reading this after watching the match on full replay (match was 1am here). Just ridiculous to see how much Sonny cops it from his fans and really interesting to see the likes of CarrieFi and False 9 bash him all game on this thread but completely nowhere to be seen after he bangs in a beautiful goal which by the way, only a handful in this world would score at that angle. You aren't Spurs fans, just Son haters. I know you aren't celebrating this victory
CarrieFi is one of the best and most positive posters on here mate and Spurs to her bones.

3-1 FT

What a fucking brilliant result.

No centre backs, no Maddison, no Bissouma, Sarr going off injured... To score 3 goals and end the year on 39 points, 1 point off Woolwich, 3 off top considering the injuries and suspensions we've had is absolutely remarkable.

Get to January, get a new centre back in, few more signings, players back from injury and who knows where we can end up.

This reeks of Totti Totti
Multi confirmed.

:ange-lol:

What?

I didn’t bash him at all, I made one comment that he might be holding back a little physically with the Asian Games in mind. Which considering what happened to Sarr during the game yesterday, is understandable.

I’m very happy he got a goal, and I’m happy we won the game yesterday

CarrieFi is one of the best and most positive posters on here mate and Spurs to her bones.
And will still be supporting spurs long after Son has left the club.

What?

I didn’t bash him at all, I made one comment that he might be holding back a little physically with the Asian Games in mind. Which considering what happened to Sarr during the game yesterday, is understandable.

I’m very happy he got a goal, and I’m happy we won the game yesterday
He was having a bad game yesterday though , A fresh son would have had a hat trick in that game , obviously he has an eye on the national tournament as what player wouldn’t , but I think a big part of it as well is he hasn’t stopped this season and he has had some massive shoes to try and fill.

You aren't Spurs fans
Food Truck Fuck Off GIF by Rooster Teeth

He was having a bad game yesterday though , A fresh son would have had a hat trick in that game , obviously he has an eye on the national tournament as what player wouldn’t , but I think a big part of it as well is he hasn’t stopped this season and he has had some massive shoes to try and fill.

Yeah I’d agree with you, it’s got to be a combination of being absolutely shattered, and also being aware that’s he’s got an international tournament coming up, possibly the last one for him representing SK

Like I said, it’s understandable he maybe wants to manage himself, the scheduling is horrendous

Son runs his boots off, playing most every game. It’s easy to see he is a bit worn down.

Refuse to think he is holding back, I see no evidence of it and frankly think it disrespectful of our captain to say otherwise.

Besides being shattered, also think he is being a bit too unselfish at times. Love him looking for his teammates, but w his ability to finish, let it fly.

Btw, also think Johnson is really coming on. His crossing from the wing is really good. Gonna be v good for us as he grows.

Yes. We could have easily conceded three in the last 10-15 minutes. They had chances and a goal disallowed. The drop off is too big with our bench ( some of those players wouldn't even make the bench when we have a fully fit squad).

But we didn't and if you want to use that logic, 2 of our subs combined to hit the bar so we could have scored again.

Don't get the point of this, we won so the subs were justified.

That’s part of the art of being a good goal poacher

Greavsie was the best and he had his share of tap ins!
Agreed but greavsie had a large repertoire of goal scoring methods and I haven't seen anything but easy stuff from this guy. I hope I'm wrong but at the moment, he's not worth half of what we paid for him...still, it's a new year...let's see what it brings..
Happy new year btw

What a great result / game. So exciting and we showed real steel to grind it out when clearly a few of them are jaded. It's a cliche there are no easy games, but it really is true. Bournemouth were in excellent form, the form team unbeaten in 7 with 6 wins, 4 in a row.
We had several big performances today in a tough game with crazy rain. Another deadly test passed and we get stronger.

Son's goal was utter brilliance, a ridiculous finish really no right to score that!
So pleased for Richy to again get on the scoresheet after nothing in the Brighton game.
Many positives to take from this game... The bottom line is we are growing and maturing as a team. Bentancur was an amazing surprise, he will be big for us, such a timely return!

Very gutted for Sarr and Veliz, particularly the kid. Jesus that's horrible and hope he will not be out for long. It looks like he would be getting more minutes more often too. It seems Sarr is going to still make the tournament so that's great news.

2024 will be a special year in our history I think
COYS

Mate, gone to far , if I may say regarding other posters.

but yeah sonny gets some stick cos he plays on the shoulder of the last defender and gets caught offside.
Nah, there are definitely posters on here who hate Sonny for his perceived ‘weakness’. One, in particular, must have been stood up by Jennie (BlackPink).
All the guy does is score and keep scoring at a rate way above his XG and putting away goals at a better rate than any other wing forward in the league not called Salah. 15-20 goals a year even with arguably the world’s best CF on the same team. Who the hell wants that on your team?

Yes. We could have easily conceded three in the last 10-15 minutes. They had chances and a goal disallowed. The drop off is too big with our bench ( some of those players wouldn't even make the bench when we have a fully fit squad).
So you leave same 11 players on constantly?? We were giving up chances before the subs

Back
Top Bottom