OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't wrap my head around how Woolwich are in a title race and we're not, when we're 1 point behind them. 1 point behind them having had half our squad missing for half the season, sold our best player and appointed a bloke from a country that doesn't really play football.
Either we are in a title race, or they're not.
Cause at this stage, we can only get better whereas they're pretty much at full strength right now.
January will be a massive test though with no Son, Sarr or Biss with players still injured. We have had a mixture of bad luck, ill discipline and harsh reffing costing us. Only 1 penalty given to us in 20 matches and whilst some of the red cards given to us you can’t argue with I definitely think that Romero and Bissouma have now got a reputation meaning that refs don’t seem to give them the benefit of any doubt. Van de Ven and Maddison have been huge huge misses. You could see at times that with the incredible pace of VDV in the side opposition forwards just gave up chasing the ball and that allowed the players in front of him to express themselves fully knowing that if they lost the ball he was there. I genuinely think we could have won the league this season without these factors. If we can keep the team together with a few tweaks here and there the future looks great. COYS

January will be a massive test though with no Son, Sarr or Biss with players still injured. We have had a mixture of bad luck, ill discipline and harsh reffing costing us. Only 1 penalty given to us in 20 matches and whilst some of the red cards given to us you can’t argue with I definitely think that Romero and Bissouma have now got a reputation meaning that refs don’t seem to give them the benefit of any doubt. Van de Ven and Maddison have been huge huge misses. You could see at times that with the incredible pace of VDV in the side opposition forwards just gave up chasing the ball and that allowed the players in front of him to express themselves fully knowing that if they lost the ball he was there. I genuinely think we could have won the league this season without these factors

2 matches this month against Brentford and Utd, missing Sarr, Biss and Son but willing to bet that new CB will be here, Bentancur is already back, just needs matches, VDV will be back against Utd and Maddison may make Utd as well

Should have won against Villa, Spammers and got at least a draw against Wolves as well.
So frustrating especially wolves game. The others that can happen when it’s not your day with chances not going in. The wolves game was diff as we were pants so weren’t really missing chances. We just need to hold out and manage the game. However dumb arse dier just kicks the ball out still in our own half for the umpteenth time instead of hitting it deep into their half. Another 20 meters and they don’t score after taking throw in.

Spurs fans are weird. Seen loads posting about how we can get a "rest" before the Manchester game - but we don't have enough of a fit squad to rotate for Burnley in the FA Cupand even if we did if Ange rotated heavily and we lost to Burnley - the same fans would put Ange to the sword :roflmao:
We have 9 days gap for manure plenty of rest time. Let’s not use that as an exscuse please. We then have the break then cup 4th round if are through if not then another weekend free. Brentford is 31st Jan so we are not going to over loaded with games if cannot rotate too much. Look at dippers they play tonight late, cup at weekend and two leg semi v Fulham as well as the PL games. We need to focus on the games we have to play max 4, and not get side tracked about rest and so on.

January will be a massive test though with no Son, Sarr or Biss with players still injured. We have had a mixture of bad luck, ill discipline and harsh reffing costing us. Only 1 penalty given to us in 20 matches and whilst some of the red cards given to us you can’t argue with I definitely think that Romero and Bissouma have now got a reputation meaning that refs don’t seem to give them the benefit of any doubt. Van de Ven and Maddison have been huge huge misses. You could see at times that with the incredible pace of VDV in the side opposition forwards just gave up chasing the ball and that allowed the players in front of him to express themselves fully knowing that if they lost the ball he was there. I genuinely think we could have won the league this season without these factors. If we can keep the team together with a few tweaks here and there the future looks great. COYS
I wonder if Son can pick up a niggle over the next day or two.....just a sprained fingernail or something like that! :ange-hmm:

We've only got a shit Man United and a spiralling Brentford though.

The anti Levy/ENIC lobby must have been gutted yesterday.

Still, they can take solace that their beloved Pochettino is doing a bit better, proving that spending a billion pounds is worthwhile... maybe.

Oh, and one point behind the team that is bound to win the PL can't be bad, deapite being blighted ny injuries. Bound to win acvording to Neville, the Nostradamus of pundits that is!!

Sure opportunities to blame our losses in any which way will return soon.

Last edited:
Good to see Poch enjoying Richarlison's goal yesterday...

Screenshot-20240101-110848.jpg

Fan from Australia here, reading this after watching the match on full replay (match was 1am here). Just ridiculous to see how much Sonny cops it from his fans and really interesting to see the likes of CarrieFi and False 9 bash him all game on this thread but completely nowhere to be seen after he bangs in a beautiful goal which by the way, only a handful in this world would score at that angle. You aren't Spurs fans, just Son haters. I know you aren't celebrating this victory

What?

I didn’t bash him at all, I made one comment that he might be holding back a little physically with the Asian Games in mind. Which considering what happened to Sarr during the game yesterday, is understandable.

I’m very happy he got a goal, and I’m happy we won the game yesterday

The anti Levy/ENIC lobby must have been gutted yesterday.

Still, they can take solace that their beloved Pochettino is doing a bit better, proving that spending a billion pounds is worthwhile... maybe.

Oh, and one point behind the team that is bound to win the PL can't be bad, deapite being blighted ny injuries. Bound to win acvording to Neville, the Nostradamus of pundits that is!!

Sure opportunities to blame our losses in any which way will return soon.
I mean, the anti levy and pro poch crowd aren't somehow the same people are they?
In fact, I'd say 99% of fans are anti levy regardless as to who their favourite coach is.
And let's be serious, we're getting results despite Levy, not because of him.
Most of us are probably worried that he'll think we're fine because we've won 4 of our last 5 games and that playing 4 fb's is sustainable.

What?

I didn’t bash him at all, I made one comment that he might be holding back a little physically with the Asian Games in mind. Which considering what happened to Sarr during the game yesterday, is understandable.

I’m very happy he got a goal, and I’m happy we won the game yesterday
It's felt to me like he's been off the pace for a few games now. He had a few opportunities yesterday, long before his goal where he didn't look totally sharp to me.
Young lady sat next to me mentioned she thought maybe he's holding back for the national team. It's a good theory, possibly even emphasised by seeing Sarr go off in floods of tears.

I did think Son came alive after he scored though. He suddenly seemed to get stuck in more and looked more up for the fight. And it was a lovely goal.
I know it would have been offside, but the chance after 2 minutes was a horrific miss, and then the one he tamely hit at the keeper looked like he'd ran out of puff before making the shot.

Back
Top Bottom