OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is really amazing that we are where we are considering the injuries and suspensions.
A lot of credit goes to ange and the squad. I have posted about it before and some of those players are on their way out but no one can be accused of not trying.
We have sold one of our all time best players and most of the squad conte threw under the bus and running through walls for him.
Meanwhile united and Woolwich spend over 200 million and are actually worse teams compared to last season.

It's funny to go back to the first pages of this thread and see how many were shitting their thongs, queuing up to crucify Emerson Royal and Ben Davies.

Not one of them has stopped by to give them a modicum of credit, especially the former who bore the brunt of the cuntings yet had a fantastic game today.
I get a lot of stick by saying that I love Emerson. No, he's not the best CB but he always puts in a shift, and I just love how he just gets on with it. Fantastic attitude.

Richarlison, on replay, was much better than this thread including me gave him credit for.

We judge him by Kane standards but Kane is one of the best ever. Richarlison's hold up play and pressing was generally very good - he's just no world class finisher but not everyone is.

It is really amazing that we are where we are considering the injuries and suspensions.
I can't wrap my head around how Woolwich are in a title race and we're not, when we're 1 point behind them. 1 point behind them having had half our squad missing for half the season, sold our best player and appointed a bloke from a country that doesn't really play football.
Either we are in a title race, or they're not.
Cause at this stage, we can only get better whereas they're pretty much at full strength right now.

He
Richarlison, on replay, was much better than this thread including me gave him credit for.

We judge him by Kane standards but Kane is one of the best ever. Richarlison's hold up play and pressing was generally very good - he's just no world class finisher but not everyone is.
Ran his arse off today. Put much more effort in that Son who didn't seem at the races until he scored.

I can't wrap my head around how Woolwich are in a title race and we're not, when we're 1 point behind them. 1 point behind them having had half our squad missing for half the season, sold our best player and appointed a bloke from a country that doesn't really play football.
Either we are in a title race, or they're not.
Cause at this stage, we can only get better whereas they're pretty much at full strength right now.
We’ve played over a quarter of our games without a centre back, it’s lunacy

Again, a player I've not been particularly complimentary to for the past couple of months prior to his recent form. But his hold up play and his decisiveness with through balls today under pressure were impressive!

It's funny to go back to the first pages of this thread and see how many were shitting their thongs, queuing up to crucify Emerson Royal and Ben Davies.

Not one of them has stopped by to give them a modicum of credit, especially the former who bore the brunt of the cuntings yet had a fantastic game today.
agree,,
instead of relieving pressure by dribbling out or passing it blindly (like the Bournemouth Goalie - who did us a big favour - if Cherries went up 1-0 first -things could be different)) Emerson sent balls upfield in dire moments a few times,

saved our bacons a few times.

I don't get why he kept on playing through injury. It just made it even worse
Wouldn't be surprised if his back story is boy who's come from nothing and worked his cock off to make it.

Got a big move and was over the moon to score and get on the map.

His dream truly began and then screeched to a halt, the next game.

He's all heart and desire.

Really like him and hope it works out for him, here.

He plays football like his life depends on it.

Doesn't get any better than that re. attitude.

Good kid.

I get a lot of stick by saying that I love Emerson. No, he's not the best CB but he always puts in a shift, and I just love how he just gets on with it. Fantastic attitude.
I'm also happy that Emerson is in the squad to put square pegs in round holes. Bents is looking like David Brent on a starvation diet, but delighted for his return

I was bigging him up the other day as potential cover for holding midfield. A bit fanciful but I'm genuinely fascinated to see how far he can go as a utility player. Some players have gone a long way with a strong work ethic and only moderate talent. There are a lot more naturally gifted but lazy players who don't make it.

Yes my two Gooner cousins aren’t answering their phones for some reason but I will persevere

Persevere I did and they both concurred that Lego Head is a cunt and Saka overrated which was decent of them and I never took the piss once!!

:ange-lol:

Do we sack off the FA Cup and give key players a rest? Burnley will probably play a weakened side.
No we play manure on 14th plenty of time to go holiday. Then it’s another 2 weeks gap unless we get into 4th round. Losing in cup would be unthinkable especially at home. We cannot bin the fa cup. Anyways I’m sure it’s not priority for Burnley so why should we let them beat us. Why can’t we progress? Beat them then go into manure game with extra confidence. Lose and manure game is must win especially if we make loads of changes. Which there is no need to.

Back
Top Bottom