OMT: Bournemouth (H), Sunday 31st December, 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got home - well, that didn't feel like a 3-1, let alone a 3-0 (which it could have been). Seemed more like a 1-1.

From where I was sitting, level with the play, I was convinced Son was offside for his goal, as were all the other people around me.

Was he REALLY onside????

Bonus - the cunts lost

:ange-arms2:

It's funny to go back to the first pages of this thread and see how many were shitting their thongs, queuing up to crucify Emerson Royal and Ben Davies.

Not one of them has stopped by to give them a modicum of credit, especially the former who bore the brunt of the cuntings yet had a fantastic game today.

I don't think there will be more than 4 or 5 changes, but that's still half the team...

Kulu's had a rest today, so should be good to go... Real shame about Veliz as I think he was almost guaranteed a start in the Cup...
Johnson- Lo Celso-Kulu behind Richie should be good enough to hold their own... Especially if Donley or even Scarlett are part of the squad.

Skipp and Hoijberg kinda pick themselves (Sarr, Bissouma out, and I doubt Bentancur will be risked so soon after coming back!)

I'd love to see Dorrington or Phillips given a start at the back, maybe alongside either Davies, or Dier... Porro needs a rest, Royal looked shot at the end today...

Don't wanna 'throw' the cup, as I think we have a decent chance if we take it seriously... But honestly, after todays' latest injuries, and our enforced absentees next month, we may not have a choice BUT to rotate!
We made changes in the Carabao Cup and look what happened.

Just got home - well, that didn't feel like a 3-1, let alone a 3-0 (which it could have been). Seemed more like a 1-1.

From where I was sitting, level with the play, I was convinced Son was offside for his goal, as were all the other people around me.

Was he REALLY onside????

Bonus - the cunts lost

How could all the people around you have been offside? I want a VAR check! 😂😂

Was he REALLY onside????

Bonus - the cunts lost

He was well onside , not even close

That’s a quality result.

Incredible going into the new year will be at worst 6 points off top and only 3 points off 2nd place.

Said prior to this next 10 games 22 points would be good going. 3 down and 19 to go.

Still think the title race is between Liverpool and City. The fact we are chasing down woolwich after their summer of huge investment and is losing Harry is very ironic.

And Richarlison could yet be our saviour this season. Bring on the funky pigeon.

So funny how the narrative all season has been we need to temper our expectations, we can't seriously expect to challenge, Woolwich are the only serious contender for City's throne, and we go into 2024 ONE point behind them with the home fixture yet to play.
Im not saying we are title contenders but the media give lego man and his band of merry cunts way too much credit.
Ooh Ooh Villa Title challenge.

Get to Fuck.

From the replay, it looked to me like he hyperextended his knee. Honestly, tough kid, but no idea why he kept getting up when he obviously couldn’t run at all. I feel for him, but that was pretty daft.

For me, a lot of candidates for MOTM. So happy to Gio come around and show why we bought him a few seasons ago! But the guy who was immense was Udogie. He bailed others out several times and at one point his closing speed was something we haven’t seen since VDV. He’s just been such an amazing addition.

Funny game though. We could have easily lost, could have scored 2/3 more at least and even at 3-1 it seemed a little nervy. These are the kinds of wins that good sides take though!

I’m so pleased with Ange and what he’s brought to this club though! I wouldn’t say I was skeptical, but just unsure this summer. Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman told me that he was going to be awesome though, and perhaps as usual, she was right!

It's funny to go back to the first pages of this thread and see how many were shitting their thongs, queuing up to crucify Emerson Royal and Ben Davies.

Not one of them has stopped by to give them a modicum of credit, especially the former who bore the brunt of the cuntings yet had a fantastic game today.
Because the match thread is a pollution. The pathetic change of heart about someone when he goes from doing something shit to something good is embarrassing. No in between with some on here,players can only be a disgrace or amazing. Football just can’t be perfect and we don’t have the right to turn up and beat Bournemouth 4 or 5-0.
The players started well then struggled through till midway through the second half then clinically put them out of their misery. Sometimes football is shit but there’s so many ways to win.
We done that.
At half time today Ange was getting questioned and every player was terrible.
We are 3 points off top going into 2024. We’d have done anything for that before the first game against Brentford and if we had not had the injuries and as many suspensions we’d be in front with a bit of daylight between us and second.
What this first half of the season has showed us is that we are going to be challenging under this manager for a few years to come and only good things will happen.
I’m so fucking happy with where we are at right now and every Tottenham supporter should be.

Was he REALLY onside????

Bonus - the cunts lost

Miles on. Zabarnyi (their centre-half) kept him on.

Emerson was inch perfect all game. Spanish comms waxing lyrical at one point. The pass to Brennan for the goal was class as well

Back
Top Bottom