Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lat ten...

# Club(s) W D L Goals +/- Pts
1 Spurs 10 8 2 0 22:6 16 26
2 Manchester Utd 10 8 0 2 18:9 9 24
3 Liverpool 11 7 2 2 25:10 15 23
4 Man City 10 7 1 2 26:11 15 22
5 Bournemouth 11 4 5 2 19:19 0 17
6 Swansea 10 4 4 2 13:11 2 16
7 Newcastle 10 4 4 2 13:11 2 16
8 Woolwich 10 5 0 5 21:15 6 15
9 Burnley 10 4 3 3 12:9 3 15
10 Everton 11 4 2 5 13:19 -6 14
11 Leicester 10 3 4 3 14:13 1 13
12 West Ham 10 3 3 4 15:18 -3 12
That lack of spending in the January transfer window has really fucked us. As usual.

:levywhoa:

Lat ten...

# Club(s) P W D L Goals +/- Pts
1 Spurs 10 8 2 0 22:6 16 26
2 Manchester Utd 10 8 0 2 18:9 9 24
3 Liverpool 11 7 2 2 25:10 15 23
4 Man City 10 7 1 2 26:11 15 22
5 Bournemouth 11 4 5 2 19:19 0 17
6 Swansea 10 4 4 2 13:11 2 16
7 Newcastle 10 4 4 2 13:11 2 16
8 Woolwich 10 5 0 5 21:15 6 15
9 Burnley 10 4 3 3 12:9 3 15
10 Everton 11 4 2 5 13:19 -6 14
11 Leicester 10 3 4 3 14:13 1 13
12 West Ham 10 3 3 4 15:18 -3 12
Now, I'm no Mathematician but I think you'll find that means Chelsea have gone to shit...

This is going to be fucking tough.

Not often that Man City or Guardiola lose two league games in a row. They are going to be so up for this after throwing away a 2 goal lead against United and they know that a win here see's them even closer to winning the league which I think they will want wrapping up as soon as possible now.

They are excellent and probably the best team we've played all season. They blew us away at The Etihad but I DO think they are beatable. Liverpool have shown that if you go at them and press them, you will score. They've conceded 6 goals in their last 2 games. But they've also been without Aguero their last 2 games (in terms of starts).

I think we'll get the strongest City team possible, regardless of midweek:

Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Kompany, Delph; Gundogan, Silva, de Bruyne; Sane, Aguero, Sterling.

I believe they are without Fernandinho who has been one of their best players this season. Aguero will come back in, Sterling and Sane will try and threaten with their pace and de Bruyne and SIlva will dictate from midfield.

We are the team on form. Over the last 15 league games, no one has got more points than us and no one has a better defence than us. We have nothing to worry about. We have a buffer from 5th, we can afford to slip up here but the players will WANT to prove themselves. The players and Pochettino will want to prove that we belong. That next year we aren't going to settle for what we've got now and we're coming for your title City.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Dier
Lamela - Eriksen - Dele
Kane
That is EXACTLY how I would line up. Harsh on Son? Perhaps. But Lamela presses like a mad man, is one for the big occasions and will absolutely terrorise a back four that simply hate playing the ball high. He will hunt that ball down like a rabid dog and not give them any air to breathe. That is how you beat City.

Kane will be hungry too. Wanting to chase down Salah for the third golden boot. Eriksen is the man on form, Dele is coming into his own. We have nothing to fear.

I will go with a 2-1 win.

Friend is going to be putting his ticket on the exchange. Right behind the goal home end. Row 3 I think or similar.

Just a heads up in case anybody is looking.

giphy.gif

We need to pile on the misery to City and leave them with the most anti-climactic title in memory... leaving them demotivated and dissatisfied at the start of next season for our glorious title-winning return to White Hart Lane.

COYS.

It's a tough choice on who starts as City hate being pressed. Lamela is brilliant at the pressing game, and is brilliant at picking passes. However Son is great for the counter, and is such a goal threat.

Coco one of the first on the team sheet for me

Get him to hound the fuck out of De Bruyne

Love him

Just hope that they beat Liverpool , and it takes a lot out of them . Then come Saturday night we beat them.

I hate Liverpool. To the point where I even want Chelsea to nick their cl spot

As pleased as i can be for Davies. He has played several big games below par. And this is exactly the type of opponent he might struggled against.

Name me that game!?!
And on top of that, name me ANY GAME this season, where Rose has been anything above "acceptable"?!?

Davies played in our run against ManU, Pool and Woolwich. Out of them we kept 2 clean sheets. Afterwards he played in a win over Chelsea. Previously he played 1 game against Dortmund and Madrid that we both won. At the same time Rose played against Shitty when we got trashed 4:1. In what "big games" has Davies been "below bar"? Name those occasions? Davies is nailed down to start it, Danny Rose has not been 1/3 of a player Davies has in this season.

I could (to some extent) to see why one would prefer to play Aurier against Sane instead of Tripps, but I see no legit claim to use Rose above Davies.

Last edited:
Shame on every single match goer who left Wembley last night with 10 mins to go plus 4mins extra time.
You are not football fans, You are not THFC supporters, You are i***ts.
The worst scenario is 30 mins or 1 hour less sleep which will not kill you.
It is f-ing Saturday night. The maximum wait for a train is 30 mins.
The stadium was nearly empty with 5 mins to go, WHY?!

Back
Top Bottom