Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Coco one of the first on the team sheet for me

Get him to hound the fuck out of De Bruyne

Love him

I think this will be key. KDB is an exceptional player but he will not like Lamela hounding him one bit. I don't think his team mates will like it either and it will wind them up and they could lose their shit. They are playing with so much frustration at the moment. Being embarrassed by Liverpool (twice) and their local rivals too after being 2 goals up, the shine coming off their apparently amazing season, rivals not showing them the respect they've become accustomed to. All we have to do is wind them up. Press them hard, follow through on a few tackles, a bit of guile is what we need. Dembele, Alli, Lamela, Dier, there's even a case for Rose on that basis, though I hope Davies starts cause he's better.

About 6 months ago I said they are one bad injury to Fernandinho for their season to take a nosedive. Well, he's not playing Saturday, so let's see what happens.

(and yes I know that if he'd broken a leg, Pep would have just spent another fortune on a ready made replacement. Or they could have promoted from their fantastic youth set up. Wonder what option he'd have chosen).

I didn't see any of the City games, but it sounds like from 70 mins Tues they were dead on their feet. Pep needs to rest them all so that they're fresh for their challenges v Swans, Spam and Udders.

10-0; Walker red card.

Friend is going to be putting his ticket on the exchange. Right behind the goal home end. Row 3 I think or similar.

Just a heads up in case anybody is looking.

giphy.gif

Friend is going to be putting his ticket on the exchange. Right behind the goal home end. Row 3 I think or similar.

Just a heads up in case anybody is looking.
thanks for the heads up
During my Jury Duty week (promise not in the Court Room M'Lud) I've been looking for one in 531, ideally close to Row 12. Day off today in case you think I'm posting from the Court.

:pochserious2:

Why is this in the evening?

The prem and sky etc have this kick off time as a tv block from the 2019/20 season. The FA cup has had it from this season. They've somehow (I'd imagine with the blessing of both clubs) been able to sneak it in this year. Dont know how when its not part of the current TV deal, but money talks at the end of the day.

Not sure who should start of Son or Lamela. Lamela will press them like mad which is very good, but Son would give Kyle Walker a lot of problems.
I'd start with Son over Lamela. Son scores more. If we score first, I'd back us to keep the lead.

Lamela's strength will be coming on later when City are even more tired and gaps emerge in MF for him to set up with those passes on the edge of the box. Oh, and here's one I prepared earlier

:walkercry:

I'd start with Son over Lamela. Son scores more. If we score first, I'd back us to keep the lead.

Lamela's strength will be coming on later when City are even more tired and gaps emerge in MF for him to set up with those passes on the edge of the box. Oh, and here's one I prepared earlier

I see where you're coming from but, even so, I think it might be best to play the first 40 mins or so trying to frustrate Man City rather than going for all-out attack. They are good going forward but get frustrated if they're pinned, so I think we should look to exploit that. I reckon if we can get to HT at least drawing we'll win, because they will be tired from their recent exploits.

And to answer your question.
Juventus? Stamford bridge against Chelsea? Liverpool at Anfield? City away?

First of all - questions are answered by sentences. I see further questions (usually indicated by question marks) and just listing games that did not go our way.
With City away you mean this awful-awful ONE MINUTE SUBSTITUTE appearance? Yea, that just cost us 4 goals for sure...
Or with Chelsea away... you are blaming Davies for a 3:1 win? Well, yea, whatta dud! Even gave assist! Rose for the win, aye!
To draw at Anfield, is absolutely fair result.

So that leaves us with Juventus - 2 legs we dominated but failed to convert our chances. Is that seriously Davies fault? And assuming you meant the loss to Chelsea, well, I don't really remember how we played, but I would expect that you would point out his exact mistakes.

Anyways, given on your current answer I would assume that we should also play Vorm instead of Lloris, because he was in goal for those games as well?
Just the case is that Davies has been our starter and played way more games. That means it is way more likely to get unfavorable result if you are exposed to more tough games. But okay, let's digg deeper then, in which big games has Davies played and in which Rose.

Rose: Dortmund A (2:1); Man City A (1:4)
Davies: Dortmund H (3:1); Real H (3:1); Juventus A (2:2); Juventus H (1:2); Chelsea H (1:2); Man United A (0:1); Woolwich A (0:2); Man United H (2:0); Liverpool A (2:2); Woolwich H (2:0); Chelsea A (3:1)
So what is the ratio - for Rose - 2 big games, one loss 50% losses
Davies ratio - 11 games, 3 losses; 2 draws (both away) 27% losses
I guess you noticed that Real A and Liverpool H are not on the list. Wonder why? Cause Davies was absent and Poch did not even trust Danny to play then. The conclusion is that Rose has not even been good enough to be trusted in more big games then 2 across all season...

:walkercry:

Holy shit is that Tom Carrol?
Feel like that was ages ago even though it really wasn't

Back
Top Bottom