Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Gatsby

95:02
Another big game. City will be coming into after either a great Champions League come back or a loss. We are more than capable of beating them, especially with how we play at Wembley. They can’t win the title against us as United play the next day, but I’m sure they will want to wrap it up as soon as possible.

- Lloris -
- Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies -
- Dier - Dembele -
- Son - Eriksen - Dele -
- Kane -
Kane will be another week fitter, and the rest will have done Tripps, Davies and Dier good.

I’ll be in Cologne for this on my stag. Going to watch the Leverkusen match at 3, then to a pub to watch this. If we win this then 3rd is ours in my eyes.

COYS.

This is going to be fucking tough.

Not often that Man City or Guardiola lose two league games in a row. They are going to be so up for this after throwing away a 2 goal lead against United and they know that a win here see's them even closer to winning the league which I think they will want wrapping up as soon as possible now.

They are excellent and probably the best team we've played all season. They blew us away at The Etihad but I DO think they are beatable. Liverpool have shown that if you go at them and press them, you will score. They've conceded 6 goals in their last 2 games. But they've also been without Aguero their last 2 games (in terms of starts).

I think we'll get the strongest City team possible, regardless of midweek:

Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Kompany, Delph; Gundogan, Silva, de Bruyne; Sane, Aguero, Sterling.

I believe they are without Fernandinho who has been one of their best players this season. Aguero will come back in, Sterling and Sane will try and threaten with their pace and de Bruyne and SIlva will dictate from midfield.

We are the team on form. Over the last 15 league games, no one has got more points than us and no one has a better defence than us. We have nothing to worry about. We have a buffer from 5th, we can afford to slip up here but the players will WANT to prove themselves. The players and Pochettino will want to prove that we belong. That next year we aren't going to settle for what we've got now and we're coming for your title City.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Vertonghen - Davies
Dembele - Dier
Lamela - Eriksen - Dele
Kane
That is EXACTLY how I would line up. Harsh on Son? Perhaps. But Lamela presses like a mad man, is one for the big occasions and will absolutely terrorise a back four that simply hate playing the ball high. He will hunt that ball down like a rabid dog and not give them any air to breathe. That is how you beat City.

Kane will be hungry too. Wanting to chase down Salah for the third golden boot. Eriksen is the man on form, Dele is coming into his own. We have nothing to fear.

I will go with a 2-1 win.

They play midweek and we rest. They play a high profile/energy game and we rest. They will give it 100% on Tues and win or lose (which is expected) will effect them physically as well as mentally. The last team they want to play after is us. They can win the PL beating the lesser teams another day. We are at home so have the advantage. It will be a tough game but play to our best we win this-I really do believe that. COYS

Just watched the full match highlights for their game with United. I can't quite believe how shit their supporters are. For a title winning match and derby to be that quiet (in the first half), it is embarrassing. They have always had shit support but it has sunk to new lows. Almost feel for them as they don't really have a football club anymore.
Anyway I think we can beat them.

Just watched the full match highlights for their game with United. I can't quite believe how shit their supporters are. For a title winning match and derby to be that quiet (in the first half), it is embarrassing. They have always had shit support but it has sunk to new lows. Almost feel for them as they don't really have a football club anymore.
Anyway I think we can beat them.
To be fair to them when they were at Maine road in the lower divisions they always had a great turn out. There is no doubt that a lot of their old school fans feel as though , since the money has came, they have lost their club .

Just hope that they beat Liverpool , and it takes a lot out of them . Then come Saturday night we beat them.

I hate Liverpool. To the point where I even want Chelsea to nick their cl spot

To be fair to them when they were at Maine road in the lower divisions they always had a great turn out. There is no doubt that a lot of their old school fans feel as though , since the money has came, they have lost their club .
Their ticket prices aren't too bad though, so it's more like the club identity that's changed?

After the Chelsea match I think top 4 is ours for certain. We won’t lose 3 of our last 7 games. I think we’ll draw vs City and win the rest personally. That would see us finish 3rd, a point above Liverpool, if both teams win the remainder of the games.

This feels like a nice fixture now that Chelsea are so far behind. It doesn't actually matter if we lose this game, so there is not the pressure that there would be had Chelsea won the last couple of games.
I've been looking forward to playing City again since we lost to them in December. They deservedly won that game but we obviously didn't take that loss well as we went on a run that is still going now. We've not lost in the league since that game and have climbed the table very well. Even before City losing the last two games I was thinking we would win this game against them and now that they have gone all shaky I am even more confident. They don't like being attacked and they don't like not having possession. When we played them in December we were nowhere near as fluid as we are now, I don't see them coping with that. We're going to want the three points. They are a good team still though, the result could be anything. We're at home, I think we'll beat them convincingly.

The small team in Manchester forum is almost as amusing as the racists.

Apparently they should have been given a 9k allocation because it could be the game they win the tIsle (yeah, if they hadn't bottled it vs Utd) and we haven't sold out a single game this season.

That coming from fans of the most expensively assembled team ever in England that can't fill their own ground.

The small team in Manchester forum is almost as amusing as the racists.

Apparently they should have been given a 9k allocation because it could be the game they win the tIsle (yeah, if they hadn't bottled it vs Utd) and we haven't sold out a single game this season.

That coming from fans of the most expensively assembled team ever in England that can't fill their own ground.

Can hey win it at ours? I thought united could still mathematically catch them because of the six point swing.

Back
Top Bottom