Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Their recent run of games has shown a mental fragility when things don’t go their way. It shouldn’t be ignored that they have had some terrible refereeing decisions against them in those games (two penalties not given against Utd. And a 2nd goal wrongly disallowed against Liverpool last night which in both cases would have put them in very dominant positions) however in all 3 games they’ve become very sloppy and capitulated once the pressure was on.

We HAVE to get at them early doors and get a good foothold in the game without leaving ourselves wide open at the back.

They will want to bounce back from a bad week, so this will be tough. If we can get ahead of them, maybe they will show their fragility again. Need to score first, i reckon.

Their recent run of games has shown a mental fragility when things don’t go their way. It shouldn’t be ignored that they have had some terrible refereeing decisions against them in those games (two penalties not given against Utd. And a 2nd goal wrongly disallowed against Liverpool last night which in both cases would have put them in very dominant positions) however in all 3 games they’ve become very sloppy and capitulated once the pressure was on.
Similar last season when we spanked them, were going to win the league up until then

It's a tough choice on who starts as City hate being pressed. Lamela is brilliant at the pressing game, and is brilliant at picking passes. However Son is great for the counter, and is such a goal threat.

Coco one of the first on the team sheet for me

Get him to hound the fuck out of De Bruyne

Love him

Genuinely think we might cause them a great deal of of damage, especially because they really seem out of sorts since losing the first leg to Liverpool.

So how is it going to be? A controlled, dominant and professional win like the two nil at the lane last season or a 4-1 walloping like in the 15-16 season?

Genuinely think we might cause them a great deal of of damage, especially because they really seem out of sorts since losing the first leg to Liverpool.

So how is it going to be? A controlled, dominant and professional win like the two nil at the lane last season or a 4-1 walloping like in the 15-16 season?

well theyve conceded 9 in the last 3 games i think imo we just go straight at them

Happy we don't have to give the guard of honour to that shit Walker

:walker:
giphy.gif
:adesalute:

what an awful week for them, 1st half is going to be really important, they'll run out of energy in the 2nd
It's going to make the match against them even harder. Pep is going to be keen to not have to wait any longer to wrap up the title. We need to be on top of our game and not be under the impression it will be the same for us as it has been for Liverpool and United.

Fernandinho missing is big for them though. He is a very important player for them, it'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him. We need Dembele to have one of his masterclasses and let Dier do the dirty work.

It's going to make the match against them even harder. Pep is going to be keen to not have to wait any longer to wrap up the title. We need to be on top of our game and not be under the impression it will be the same for us as it has been for Liverpool and United.

Fernandinho missing is big for them though. He is a very important player for them, it'll be interesting to see who they bring in to replace him. We need Dembele to have one of his masterclasses and let Dier do the dirty work.

Lets hope they put delph in there

Thought they looked very good last night before the offside, I truly think they would have won if that goal had stood.

From our perspective, it shows that they can collapse when things go against them - so an early goal to deflate them even more would be massive.

If that offside goal had been given, city would have gone on to win that.

If we score first, I cN see us getting something.

Got a feeling they are gonna take their frustration out on us though.

Otamendi is a mistake waiting to happen. Also Walker is always prone to a mistake. He’s a great attacker but defending isn’t his strong game.. Son could cause him some real problems.

We need Dier or Lamela (if starting) to hound De Bruyne all game. Also keeping an eye on Silva.

Aggression. A big fuck you City attitude and our boys have every chance of 3 points.

19:45 on Saturday. What the fuck is that all about? Awful kick off time on a weekend

Name me that game!?!
And on top of that, name me ANY GAME this season, where Rose has been anything above "acceptable"?!?

Davies played in our run against ManU, Pool and Woolwich. Out of them we kept 2 clean sheets. Afterwards he played in a win over Chelsea. Previously he played 1 game against Dortmund and Madrid that we both won. At the same time Rose played against Shitty when we got trashed 4:1. In what "big games" has Davies been "below bar"? Name those occasions? Davies is nailed down to start it, Danny Rose has not been 1/3 of a player Davies has in this season.

I could (to some extent) to see why one would prefer to play Aurier against Sane instead of Tripps, but I see no legit claim to use Rose above Davies.
First of all, i really like Davies even from his time in Swansea. I like him better than most here. And am really hoping he could be in the Team of the Year.

Once i said Davies actually fared better offensively because he picks a lot of smart pass than Rose. And got slammed by so many.

I merely stating what i saw. Wont be disappointed if he starts. Maybe i want something fresher.
And to answer your question.
Juventus? Stamford bridge against Chelsea? Liverpool at Anfield? City away?

If that offside goal had been given, city would have gone on to win that.

If we score first, I cN see us getting something.

Got a feeling they are gonna take their frustration out on us though.
they scored first and early against the pool and yahnited and still made a mess of it we should be ok, we have earned the right to be confident in these big games

Back
Top Bottom