Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need to pile on the misery to City and leave them with the most anti-climactic title in memory... leaving them demotivated and dissatisfied at the start of next season for our glorious title-winning return to White Hart Lane.

COYS.

They had plenty of huff and puff in first half and had a good goal disallowed but their second half performance was poor

They lost heart and gave up

We can add to their misery and run them ragged on Saturday

Then they can wait until the home game against Huddersfield to be crowned champions

Or will they?......

They're going to be 'weak' mentally, who wouldn't be with everything going against them .... we need to make sure they don't get a chance to turn that around .... no headless attacking, keep it tight and hit them with our pace upfront ... first goal for us will kill them .....

They lost because they don't have a front to back system like we do, they are all front end and rely on an outstanding keeper to mop up. They play like headless chickens and can dominate the weak, we play to a system and the team has faith in it, because it works.
They will attack because it's all they have and we have the team that can dismantle that approach.
As long as we don't lose heart and stick to what we are good at, we can beat them as they will give us opportunities.
It'll be good

..... oh, and fuck you Kyle Walker

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Vert Rose
Dembele Dier
Eriksen Dele Son
Kane
Subs : Vorm, Davies, Wanyama, Sissoko, Lamela, Moura, Llorente

As pleased as i can be for Davies. He has played several big games below par. And this is exactly the type of opponent he might struggled against.
Would like to see how Moura fared, but cant really find a place for him now.
They are gonna have chances from Sane and Aguero, the latter will be fit and desperate for goal i believe.
We need to control the midfield of Fernandinho and Gundogan. And we need to be braver in front of goal.

Pep has an arrogance around him that made everyone believe the hype and how they would run away with everything so I'm glad they lost to united and Liverpool however the upshot is the scousers now believing their own hype. With Barca getting knocked out I worry they actually have a chance. The good thing is the players will be focused on that and not the league as they know they can't win it. If city lose a couple more games they will only just scrape the title so not the landslide everyone was predicting so bitter sweet for them

This is a massive game for us, not only for top four but mentally going into the fa cup. I pray we stick it to them

Had what I thought was going to be a great IPA in a pub in Picadilly, and it was warm out of the tap.

Sticking with the refrigerated stuff from now on.

Re tickets, I'll check the exchange as well, hopefully can find something! Got a very good feeling about this game, especially with their mind on midweek and having (essentially) wrapped up the league regardless.
Over here you can get two types of IPA. There's the traditional English-style IPA, which is a cask ale served at 10-14 degrees from these kind of taps that have to be pumped:
a71f82bdec0b69eec857eaf7f897c819.jpg

Or there's the newer craft beer style IPA that has spread across most of the world in the last few years, served fully refrigerated from a standard lager-type tap. I imagine you were expecting the latter, but got the former. Both types are common here - if in doubt look at the tap!

I hold the Americans to blame for the confusion - they invented a new style of beer, but rather than giving it a new name just used an existing name for a different style...

I wanna beat these fucking sky blue wankers so much:
Shove that pin Pep wears right up his arse!
Eriksen and Kane with a brace apiece. COYS

Someone here said that "Pool proved that they can be hurt when you go at them"... well, what they proved even more is that if you play with passion and energy and can keep your lines tight, Shitty is pretty much out of ideas.

For SO long periods in 1st game and also yesterday it could be seen how much City struggled to find room when Pool lines had been dropped near their own box. So often either KdB took totally hopeless shot, Fernadinho or Walker put in way off crosses or someone else just hoofed the ball into the box where there were true towers in form of 175 cm Jesus and 173 cm Silva.... great thinking in critical situation folks!

And when did Pool get their chances yesterday? -> from counter-attacks.

So I am not sure at all that "going at them" will take us too far. I would frustrate the living s*it out of them with strong (but not fault-worthy) tackling and would keep our lines close together. If we'll leave them room they could actually come up with something good. But I mean if Liverpool defence managed to contain them... we have way more solid defense then they do! COYS! Gonna be a cracker!

As pleased as i can be for Davies. He has played several big games below par. And this is exactly the type of opponent he might struggled against.

Name me that game!?!
And on top of that, name me ANY GAME this season, where Rose has been anything above "acceptable"?!?

Davies played in our run against ManU, Pool and Woolwich. Out of them we kept 2 clean sheets. Afterwards he played in a win over Chelsea. Previously he played 1 game against Dortmund and Madrid that we both won. At the same time Rose played against Shitty when we got trashed 4:1. In what "big games" has Davies been "below bar"? Name those occasions? Davies is nailed down to start it, Danny Rose has not been 1/3 of a player Davies has in this season.

I could (to some extent) to see why one would prefer to play Aurier against Sane instead of Tripps, but I see no legit claim to use Rose above Davies.

Last edited:
It's a tough choice on who starts as City hate being pressed. Lamela is brilliant at the pressing game, and is brilliant at picking passes. However Son is great for the counter, and is such a goal threat.

Back
Top Bottom