Man City at Wembley - 14Apr - 19:45KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can hey win it at ours? I thought united could still mathematically catch them because of the six point swing.

Yes and no. If they win at Wembley and United lose to West Brom the next day, The Sheik Mansour Team would have won it against us, but they wouldn’t know it on the day.

I suspect United will beat Brom anyway, so The Mansour Team will probably win the title at home to Swansea, leaving West Ham with the lovely job of doing the guard of honour. Unless of course we beat the Mansour Team...which we will.

Talking of the City fanbase, I know two City fans and they've both been fans since childhood (in their thirties now). They are loving this season, but I sent them that article that got posted on here a while back about the ownership and the stuff the human rights abuses they're involved in, and it has given them second thoughts about it all. Though they're not giving up supporting them, which was obviously my true intention.

If we can play to the standard we're regularly performing at (so not like how we played yesterday) we can definitely win this. Although there's really no way they're not bagging this title, there is at least some satisfaction to be had from them ending up stuttering over the finish line. Also hopefully this will mean teams will play them with a lot less fear next season. Unless during the summer they drop a couple of billion on the entire squad that wins the World Cup or something.

Win this and we can still mathematically win the title, unlike Liverpool - a point that should be made to most bookmakers who are offering shorter odds that they'll win it than than they're offering that we will, even though it would need Man City to be deducted points for the Dippers to win it.

They've definitely lost a bit of intensity, inevitable with such a big lead, so I think we should win this. A lot depends on what happens with them in the CL. If they turn it around, we'll definitely win, if not, they could take their frustrations out on us.

Win this and we can still mathematically win the title, unlike Liverpool - a point that should be made to most bookmakers who are offering shorter odds that they'll win it than than they're offering that we will, even though it would need Man City to be deducted points for the Dippers to win it.

They've definitely lost a bit of intensity, inevitable with such a big lead, so I think we should win this. A lot depends on what happens with them in the CL. If they turn it around, we'll definitely win, if not, they could take their frustrations out on us.

That's pretty outrageous. They're exploiting idiot scousers who can't do the maths surely.

I watched parts of the first half of their match against united and they really should have been 4 or 5 up at HT. Sure united won and city collapsed but we cannot afford to give them that many opportunities because it's unlikely that they'll miss that many easy chances again. Sterling could have had a first half hat-trick

Interesting to see what kinda reception he gets at our "home"
:levyeyes:

He’s just a professional doing his job, and personally think he enjoyed majority of his time at Spurs, players move on. I hold nothing against him, a definite meh...... whatever.

His NLD goal was a banger as well.

UnsightlyThirstyDaddylonglegs-max-1mb.gif

And then we replaced him with Aurier and Sanchez.
Think we got the better part of that particular deal.

Hope they carry into extra time with Liverpool. Will be tired coming into our game...

The small team in Manchester forum is almost as amusing as the racists.

Apparently they should have been given a 9k allocation because it could be the game they win the tIsle (yeah, if they hadn't bottled it vs Utd) and we haven't sold out a single game this season.

That coming from fans of the most expensively assembled team ever in England that can't fill their own ground.
I think there'll be loads of City dotted around the upper tier thanks to it going on unrestricted general sale. So in that respect, a bigger allocation could have made sense... but then the £30 cap on away tickets would have made it less profitable for us to do that

I watched parts of the first half of their match against united and they really should have been 4 or 5 up at HT. Sure united won and city collapsed but we cannot afford to give them that many opportunities because it's unlikely that they'll miss that many easy chances again. Sterling could have had a first half hat-trick

True, Utd were very lucky, though that's the effect of pressure I guess as Sterlings been putting those away all season. But you're right that we can't give them that many chances. We need to put them on the back foot and hopefully score first as that will cause them to collapse probably.

I think there'll be loads of City dotted around the upper tier thanks to it going on unrestricted general sale. So in that respect, a bigger allocation could have made sense... but then the £30 cap on away tickets would have made it less profitable for us to do that
Will be interesting to see how many turn up in our end. With it being a kick off time whereby it's impossible to get back to Manchester, and seeing as they can't actually win the league, I bet they mostly bottle it.

Back
Top Bottom