Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No one likes the guy that comes out and says "GUYS GUYS LOOK HOW RIGHT I WAS ABOUT US BEING SHIT."
We're all disappointed, no need to gloat about it. On to the next one, we'll beat the top team in the league away next week.

He´s not gloating.

He took a fucking beating for his views.....and he´s not allowed to shove it down peoples faces that he actually had a point?

And then suddenly he´s a gooner whos glad we lost?

Sorry, but anyone who is not royaly fucked off right now are the ones Id question how Spurs they are to be honest

Think the best aspect about today's game was our players making runs past Kane, giving us an option for the ball over the top rather than constantly trying to play through teams. Really impressive for the fist hour, Kane and Mason in particular were unfortunate not to score. We capitulated after some strong pressing by Stoke, they moved in between the lines between our back four and midfield and cut off any supply, with Kane off we had no out ball and the ball over the top wasn't an option with a complete lack of pace. Hopefully Njie can sort this out, he would of been a wonderful option to come off the bench today, I wholeheartedly agree he should of been on our books a few weeks ago but I'm not assigning blame as to what party is at fault. Mason, Dier, Dembele all played really well, thought we lacked a lot of bite when Mason came off, Bentaleb looks very jaded for some reason, but he could just be off form, that's football, no doubt he'll be a big player for us this year, as might Dier. I do hope more than anything we can bring in an experienced head for our midfield to kill off games, similar with Man U bringing Schwienstieger on for the last 30 mins to try and dictate the tempo. Well done to Stoke lastly, they were brilliant in the second half, Stephen Zidane Ireland had the game of his life, we gave away a patented Chiriches penalty, Arnoutavic had one of his three good games this season, But land made three very good saves (Lloris literally barely had to move for his in fairness today), onward and upwards, shit day but there's no need to fucking boo, so muck. Gonna smash the top of the league next week anyway in the Lineker derby.

Can't wait to see Pritchard.

Why wait till Saturday...? here you go... have a good early butchers!!
250039893.jpg

Don't understand some of the calls to drop Walker, he was one of, if not the best player for us against United. If Arnautovic plays he will have him is his pocket, something Dier and Chiriches struggled with in May.

We threw that away due to substitutions, in my view. Stoke made good substitutions and we made poor ones. Lamela being the absolute worst; he is not suited to playing this kind of team, and certainly not in the position we were in when we know they are going to push us.

I really hope we learn something from this game and the last one. Its early enough in the season that we can fix these things, and if we do we'll have a good season because a lot else is right. Just frustrating to let a two goal lead slip so needlessly.

As bad as Lamela is, it is pathetic some of you are making him a scapegoat. We conceded two goals, i didnt quite catch what contributed to them, other than the penalty but we have picked up from last season. An own goal at old trafford to lose 1-0, more defensive problems when we played the MLS all stars and now we lose a 2 goal lead

Lamela put the team under pressure in 10 seconds on the pitch, and again, and again, and again with ridiculous fouls, and the constant fucking up of every one of our moves.

DID YOU NOT SEE THE FUCKING MATCH UP TO WHEN HE CAME ON

Shout out to Kane in a new role, brilliant
Chadli for the first half, but fuck me can he dissapear when we are up against it
Ditto Eriksen
Dembele gave us balance and strength in the front three
Mason...I take a lot back. Real tiger today
Toby n Jan looked good when we had a midfield
Dier solid, direct and poised
Davies, very good again
Walker, love the passion, getting better
Hugo, what can I say

Lamela. I would sell for 50p. You are fucking THE worst player in the squad. Id take Ade back all day long than see you come on ever again. Its not the price. You are just fucking shit.

Bentaleb?? What the fuck happened?

Poch. Yet again.....YET AGAIN...I ask. Why?

Back
Top Bottom