Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Mark Hughes: Hmm, let us see, game's not going well. 2-0 down. What do we do? You know what, I had signed some players who have had proper pre-season who can be game changers, why don't I bring them on? I mean that is the whole point of the transfer window right? Signing players early enough so that they can improve the quality of the team and train with the team so that when the season starts, they are available and the team is as strong as possible. I mean what kind of an idiot would not do things this way. No way on earth will anybody involved in football make this mistake. I mean why would anyone delay signing players in positions that they desperately need players in? That is just illogical. Anyways, I am glad my board backed me and I had signed some players to rally excite the fans. I will bring some of them on and try to get something from this game. Hmm, strange, Spurs have taken off a striker and bought on another midfielder. Maybe they are worried that we can come back. Oh well.

Glad to see the meltdown is in full flow already.

I'm really fucking pissed off with that result and was blaming Poch until it transpired that Kane had a knock. In which case what options did he have to bring on?

I'm angry as fuck at dropping points today in such piss poor circumstances. But I just don't get why it always has to be a Win or we need a new manager. Get a fucking grip.

Positives. Were it not for two point blank saves from butland we'd have been costing 4-0. Hardly Pochs fault that Toby gave a way a soft pen and let them get their tails up.

What an arrogant bunch of pricks we've become... 2-0 up against 'little Stoke' and the players assumed the job was done... fucking idiots!
My guess is they were too busy tweeting fucking instacunt selfies of themselves celebrating at HALF TIME to give a shit about how the second half turned out...
stiiiiiiiill, they'll all be out shagging and clubbing tonight with their £100,000+disgusting wages tonight... i'm sure there's plenty of champagne and hookers they can blow that on!
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE TWATTER PICS IN THE MORNING!

N'Jie must be wishing the Arseanal bid was genuine now, and not some online fucking hoax!!!!

FUCK MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SPURS MAKE ME MAD SOMETIMES...
can you tell?

Careful not to melt.....

The energy showed in each half was totally opposite. Up until 70 minutes, Walker, Alderweireld, Dembele were all having solid games.

In heinsight Trippier out wide and not Lamela is what we needed. The guy cost £30m and I can honestly now say I would take £16m upwards for him. I don't care how early in the season this is, it's 2 points totally fucking dropped. Steven Ireland shouldn't be bossing it at WHL.

Diouf got in between Verts and Alderweireld too many times and it ended up costing us. Stupid fucking penalty to give away also.

It was us who started lumping it to Chadli for the last 15...against Stoke, as they passed through us!!

I'm totally flat from today. Fucksake.

Shout out to Kane in a new role, brilliant
Chadli for the first half, but fuck me can he dissapear when we are up against it
Ditto Eriksen
Dembele gave us balance and strength in the front three
Mason...I take a lot back. Real tiger today
Toby n Jan looked good when we had a midfield
Dier solid, direct and poised
Davies, very good again
Walker, love the passion, getting better
Hugo, what can I say

Lamela. I would sell for 50p. You are fucking THE worst player in the squad. Id take Ade back all day long than see you come on ever again. Its not the price. You are just fucking shit.

Bentaleb?? What the fuck happened?

Poch. Yet again.....YET AGAIN...I ask. Why?

Poch cost us this game!
His subs were fucking awful.

I understand why subbing Kane, but then putting Eriksen out wide? FFS, Poch!!!!

Plus, Lamela is shit ... what does he bring in? Constantly fouls and mis-passes.
I'm tried of defending that guy.

:walker-scream:
shut up u melt.

Having to bring Lamela on when Kane was limping off is exactly what people what people called 'levy haters' were saying.

The whole balance of the team was upset and we went backwards, our fluid play stopped. While this is not totally Lamelas fault if we replaced Kane with another striker like say Berahino it would not have been the same story as the balance of the team would not have fucked up. Anyone thinking different is delusional or lying to themselves.

Going into a season with ONE striker is amateur for a club supposedly chasing top 4. Every season it's the same, Levy doesn't sort out an obvious weakness, we get an injury or suspension and we get fucked in the arse. How many times does this have to happen for Levy to wake up. We all knew Kane is human and might get hurt.

:avbfacepalm:

Bentaleb is a good solid player, but not the Messi(ah) that some believe him to be, his performance last season at left back probably reveals where he will make his mark if he wants to. Maybe pushing Rose in front of him might be a solid option for the left side.
Lamela is really not a very good footballer, like Taarabt he has some amazing skills, but seems to have no idea how to apply them. I'm not sure if there is any significance to the fact that if you add his name to that other Spurs misfit - Bent, you can make the word lamentable.

If you really want to find a guilty party in this result, then I think its not too harsh to blame it on Alderweireld, as his nonsensical decision to gift a penalty to them, basically opened the door enough for them to see the light on the other side, and the momentum shifted.

In any analysis of an activity, whilst highlighting the areas of failure, you have to also look for positives, so you can look forward. Lloris, Dier, Kane and Dembele for me were excellent and with the exception of the goals our central defenders kept the threat to a minimum.
The full backs didn't let anyone down and Eriksson played better than last week. Mason was functional, without being exceptional.
Some of the passing and interplay, particularly in the first half was great to watch.

So basically its all Pochs fault and the sooner we shoot him, the better. (That's for you sambo!)

I know it's in the wrong context but we've improved results wise on both games we've played so far this season.

Still, unacceptable result today.

Back
Top Bottom