Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

u-mad-gif-17.gif

Are you Jose?

I missed this, I said Wimmer remains to be seen, who knows what he'll end up as for us but he was cheap at £4-4.5m and he's young at 22 (isn't he?). And you tell people to read, to think and to not twist your words but then keep repeating total bollocks.
It was more the absurdity of putting Wimmer in a box with Stambouli and Yedlin as a future sale for profit just because he's young and cheap. It's nonsense. Wimmer has looked impressive when he's played. Not my fault that your cynicism outweighs my faith that you think he's been bought in for such a reason.

Are you Jose?
UGM3Uay.gif

After a weekend in the woods, tickling grizzlies and riding bison, I hoped to cap it off with a trouncing on my return.

Was pretty happy there for a bit.

2-0 is probably the most dangerous lead in football.

Along with not getting 3 points, when they tied it up, and I looked at the squad on the field, I was not optimistic we would pull it off. And we didn't.

As far as I can see it some of us were realistic about the state we were in before the season opener. It's a piss poor position to have left ourselves in, the one striker situation alone has already cost us today at least. CB at DM; already working with makeshift personnel.

Unfortunately I actually think we might have only 4pts max by the end of the month, I don't want us to have that few but I fear we may.

Need to finally get a win on the board against Everton next week to get this points prediction wrong. Thing is, before anybody starts, it's got nothing to do with 'I told you so' but everything to do with these things being blatantly obvious before the season started and now look where we are. Ok it's early days but the point is we've already pissed away crucial points.

The only positive to aim for now is having better than the 8pts in 6 games we had last year and then 11 in 9 I think it was. However, wasn't that playing first ever games under Poch's system with a load of deadwood that he's shipped out?? Not supposed to be still struggling to outperform that a year later are we!

Need to finally get a win on the board against Everton next week to get this points prediction wrong. Thing is, before anybody starts, it's got nothing to do with 'I told you so' but everything to do with these things being blatantly obvious before the season started and now look where we are. Ok it's early days but the point is we've already pissed away crucial points.

The only positive to aim for now is having better than the 8pts in 6 games we had last year and then 11 in 9 I think it was. However, wasn't that playing first ever games under Poch's system with a load of deadwood that he's shipped out?? Not supposed to be still struggling to outperform that a year later are we!
Simmo, why did you have to bump this thread? Isn't it bad enough already? Sadist.

Haha, maybe last week should make us feel better about this week as Leicester were top of the league or use both of them to forget that even Newcastle could get a point at OT.

Back
Top Bottom