Home Opener (vs. Stoke), 15 Aug, 15:00 BST

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

New Stoke signing Xherdan Shaqiri is unable make his debut in the game. Hughes was set to include the winger, but it emerged on Friday evening he must serve a one-match suspension, picked up during his time at Inter Milan.

This is a good thing... seeing as N'Jie can't make his debut either, due to the fact we've forgotten to sign him, at least it cancels out the 'debut goal' possibility!!

The fans will be behind him irrespective. Walker needs to concentrate on his game, not his phone.

I like to poke fun at the Instagram fanboys a bit myself, but to be fair to Walker, him sending a tweet and focusing on his game don't exactly seem mutually exclusive

I'M SO PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!

Hope to see Trippier and Rose to start because we do need pace. Trippier has pace with purpose, and Rose is more of a beserker but that can also bundle the ball in the back of the net.

I just hope Poch does not AVB it. Where he plays people that compound the lack of pace of Eriksen and Dembele or overload the team with Lamela's and Eriksens.

We need pace and power so Dembele and Eriksen can finesse it and not spend the whole game in the trenches.

No manager intentionally choose a lack of pace, Lennon is gone, Townsend injured. Dembele and Eriksen aren't as fast as u think but they are great players. I have said this many times, Chadli, Eriksen, Lamela, Kane.are technical players not counter attacking players. Kane scores goals through pure ability rather than power and speed. we should build around their strengths,Dembele is better suited in central midfield. Lamela is the only logical choice out right unless a youth player can slot in

First home game of the season!!

1314185416_nobones_dance.gif

Back
Top Bottom