Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not what I think, it's what I want.

I'm sure they will be gutted they can't play but sometimes it's for their own good. Ferguson used to disappoint people all the time when using Park or Giggs exclusively in big games. I'm not comparing them directly, but you don't make decisions based on how a player feels about it.

I think it's obvious to most that Eric needs a rest. Dude is running on fumes. Admirable but dangerous.

I don't think that team gets battered by Dortmund. A similar side beat Fiorentina 3-0 so Poch has got previous. Hardly delusional.

IMO the upcoming games v. Villa and Bournemouth are far more important.
We are STILL out running teams. In fact we are increasing our efforts and running more NOW than at the beginning of the season. You simply can't do this if you are "running on fumes". Provide the stat that backs up your claim and I will hold up my hands and be happy to back track.

Tireless Tottenham running further in 2016 than any other Premier League team

Here are some stats that back back up we are NOT running on fumes:
Tireless Tottenham running further in 2016 than any other Premier League team
Tottenham's young team aren't tiring - in fact, they've actually increasedthe amount of ground they're covering in Premier League games since the turn of the year.
Mauricio Pochettino's tireless side have been described as "animals" by Watford boss Quique Sanchez Flores, while Swansea assistant Alan Curtis praised their relentless attacking in the comeback win over his club last month.
And any concerns that Spurs would be unable to sustain their high-pressing, high-energy game through the second half of the season appear unfounded.

In fact, Spurs - whose starting line-up is the youngest in the Premier League on average - have increased their work-rate in 2016.

Tottenham's 2016 increase
Team Matches played Distance covered (km) Distance covered per 90mins (km)
Tottenham in 2016 10 1176.5 117.65
Tottenham in 2015 19 2184.0 114.94

In Tottenham's 10 Premier League games since the start of January, the players are covering an extra 2.71km per game, on average.
That was highlighted in the north London derby on Saturday, when Spurs covered 115.1km to Woolwich's 105.4km.
Out-running rivals
On Saturday Spurs players covered 115.1km compared to Woolwich's 105.4km.

As a result, Spurs are closing in on hard-working Bournemouth, who have currently covered the most ground this season.

I dont feel like theirs much pressure on us for this game.
They are the favourites.
Just go out & enjoy
Gain some experience in a big european game.

I guess a 1 goal loss will keep us in the tie.

If we lose by 2 or more then id be tempted to rest all key & tired players for the 2nd leg.
As wrong as it sounds.

that team..........

giphy.gif

You HAD to go and say it didn't you...?
You do realise how football works, don't you?
Jinxing Pricktwat!

I know right! Who's the cunt who got a ticket for the return leg for his birthday?

You guessed it.

Same cunt who camped on Tottenham High Road overnight for the CL QF second leg against Madrid, only to watch the first leg end 4-0.

I'll bite the bullet and support Leicester next season...

Do you know how you know this competition is utter shite?

We were rewarded by finishing top of our group with Fiorentina and Dortmund.

Whereas Fenerbahce finished 2nd and got Lokomotiv Moscow and Braga.

STOP WORRYING ABOUT THIS CORRUPT, MONEY SPINNING BULLSHIT COMPETITION.
I feel this needs reiterating.

Last time this happened you all were all soon sucking Poch off on the Sunday when we beat City 4-1.

Just shut the fuck up and trust Poch. We're fucking 2nd.

Guys, we lose to Villa then melt , we have a chance at least of getting our best league position since the Prem started and getting above the scum.

It's hard losing like that but losing only 2-0 playing a full team then getting a draw against Villa would be worse and let's be honest that is not beyond Spurs to do.

We have 9 league games left, let's treat every one as a cup final.

Our problem is that key players like Kane and Dier, that play incredibly important roles in our system, are completely knackered. We wouldn't be in this situation if we had players to rotate with during the season. It's hopefully positions we'll address in the summer (we're already being linked with strikers and cms as it is).

Agreed as a club we always fail to strengthen. Last night was an example of our weak transfer policy in action, soon as Kane and Dier are rested we are fucked.

As a team our B team players should be looking to use the cups as a way to get in the first team for Prem games. Kane did it after all using the EL to start his career.

If fatigue is a problem then we have to rest, next season hopefully we will have bought a new Dier and a new Kane so we can fight on more front than just the league.

Most of us knew at the start of the season when the Berahino deal fell through and we didn't get another DM etc we where always going to be open to this kind of problem.

For me Mason, Carroll and so on are ok players, but they are not Champions League level and last night we faced a Champions League level team. On that basis it is for Levy to provide Poch with the players next season that can take us forward so we can rotate without shitting ourselves.

Did we need to rest players against palace in the fa cup for the fiorentina game in the europa league?
Maybe between now and then they've got noticeably more fatigued? I certainly noticed Dier.

Our run has been significantly tougher since then. Spam and Scum would have taken a bit out of them.

I cannot believe the lack of trust people are giving Poch.

Back
Top Bottom