Dortmund v Spurs- Ropey League Last 16.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

:freund: So Carroll and Mason in the middle?
Mv5dCk0.gif

This forum is just a shambles at times
It's unreal ... after the post-Bale Baldini/AVB clusterfuck, in one season Poch has built a team that can challenge for the title for the first time in 20 years. But 2 weeks after Swansea and Watford said we were the best team they have played this season what you get instead is:
Our young and developing squad can't conquer Europe ... Disgrace!
Our still limited squad struggles with 3 games a week ... Disaster!

On the game, I for one cannot understand the selection. I'm not often critical of Poch but he threw that game before a ball was kicked. Where was a goal going to come from? Where was the protection in front of the defence?

I just can't believe what we did against Dortmund. Some poor decisions were made and we're now out of the tie with 90 minutes still to play.

What team do we play for the second leg? Well he better fucking put the kids out again, because he obviously feels the first team need to focus on the Premier League and aren't capable of juggling both competitions now. If he wastes our first team on 90 minutes at home to BVB only to inevitably crash out anyway, I'll be fuming.

To weaken the midfield to that extent...what else could we expect?

That was fucking embarrassing last night. Not because of the scoreline. There's no shame in losing to Dortmund 3-0. But the manner in which we went about the game, and team we chose to try and keep us in the tie was ridiculous. We barely broke into their half, let alone troubled Weidenfeller.

Agree with some of that but you're being a bit harsh!

The 'goal' would have come from either the nailed on penalty we didn't get or Son being clean through twice and fucking up!

Would have been a different game then if we'd scored any of those

You're right in saying there was no protection for the defence
Carroll, Eriksen and Son don't really do that and I was very disappointed with Mason and think even Bentelab could have done better but easy to say in hindsight as he could have been sent off for over aggression or made the situation worse with his occasional showboating but at least he wd have got stuck in!

I'm not saying Bvb didn't deserve their win, they did clearly and are a good side, probably top 4 PL

Poch chose a team to do a job and, although you could argue that a lot of our 1st teamers were missing - Verts, Harry, Dier, Lamela, Rose, Walker, Dembele etc their replacements have shown that, collectively, they weren't up to it.

Mason was poor throughout
As was Son
Carroll made a few passes but looked out of it clearly missing Dier's protection
Wimmer had a poor night
Both full backs were sub par
Chadli does what Chadli does but didn't get any service and is not a replacement for Harry any more than Son is.

So a bad night at the office and, like Poch said, these things happen and I'm sure even he didn't see this performance coming but he did indicate that for various reasons his hands were tied and we should trust and respect that.
He hoped we'd get away with it but brought Dembele Harry and Lamela on to try and save it but it didn't happen

Also we should bear in mind who we were playing.
A top German team in their own back yard
A fresh team due to their league structure meaning they have less than 6 hard games a season unlike ours where nearly every game is a battle

Some of us are overreacting

Now let's annihilate Villa and Bournemouth, continue our wonderful season and move the fuck on!

:pochserious2:

Welcome to Dortmund,

for those, who will come to the game, here some informations from Dortmund The away supporters normally meet in the pub , called Alter Markt (=old market). It´s the central place of the town, near the Church Reinoldi Kirche, everybody knows that, there are as well several good pubs on the way to the ground, one of the most traditional is the “Semmler” (Hohe Straße) , only just one mile away from the ground, the home base of our supporters club.

If you have a ticket you can use the tube to the ground for free.

So enjoy the game and the beer.

I watched the Dortmund vs Bayern highlights on 'Bundesliga Highlights.'

I am now an expert in Bundesliga and shall give you the following assessment:

Dortmund will be the team with the yellowish kits.

Their stadium and atmosphere is fucking mental.

They lack any fear.

It's going to be a dog fight.

We need the paciest squad we can field.

Get the draw, and get the fuck out of there.

COYS

If we're in the Champions League next year last night gave us a reality check in terms of our squad depth, rotating the side like we have been doing in the Europa group stages won't cut the mustard when it comes to the CL.

Gutted about last night, but hopefully in hindsight we'll be able to say Poch made the right call.

Back
Top Bottom