Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100%!
I don’t get what the manager and coaches are looking for and at! Everyone knows BJ is better on the right. Is he better on the right than Kulu on the right. 100% he is although his not that great himself. Play wingers on thier natural sides and have the FBs bombing forward out wide as well. We just keep passing side to side in the middle and cannot get through. It’s stupid when clearly we have more joy when going down the sides to the byline. How many goals have we scored from all the passing through the middle?
I get that we play with full backs in the pitch as it can open the game up as you dominate the opposition but at some point we have to have runners going round the outside and that can be a midfielder if the full backs play inverted. What’s happening is our wide players get doubled up on and it ends up a 2 v 1 and they always come back inside the pitch. When we have got overlaps we create chances. We need to mix our game up.
What tonight shows is we are well short in pace and quality in the front 3. They all show bits of it during games but never enough to constantly having a team on the back foot. That’s the reason we haven’t see 4 and 5-0s yet because there is no smoothness and consistency to our attacks. We can keep the ball well but sometimes too predictable.
In saying that tonight was a stroll and ended up with a reserve team on the pitch for 20 minutes.

We won’t win many games with those three up top and without our first choice midfield. None of those three have the character to be the main man and drag the team through the games.
I won't agree or disagree but that is a fair point. Top players rise to the occasion and let's hope our guys can step up in the other games this month.

We won’t win many games with those three up top and without our first choice midfield. None of those three have the character to be the main man and drag the team through the games.
Maddison when back will completely change the complexion of that front line. We have really missed him, more so than any other injured player IMO, we have muddled through in defence without taking that many batterings but our approach play has been very jilted since Maddison went out, he's just so fucking good at creating space and making himself available, picking out smart passes, I think Kulu will be the biggest benefactor as I see Madds trying to link up with him in particular, being the most skilled forward player we have now with Son at the Asian cup, but I think Johnson and Madds will play off each other very well, I think one thing Johnson has done very well in his time here so far is making himself available for give-and-gos and helping us get up the pitch quicker, I can see him synergising very well with Madds once he's back.

Deki is the only one who’ll step up in big matches but he’s took a big dip in his last 3 games he’s started since Forest. The other two I don’t really expect too much. Some games they’ll produce and some games hopeless. We will only be successful once we have front players that are consistently good over a longer period of time. That will come though in the next couple of windows hopefully.

Just back from the game, don't get to see too many in the flesh so always nice to see a win. What a goal to win it. Front three very inefficient. Fair play to Emerson, has really stood up despite not being a cb. Skipp has very little to offer. Udogie and Porro very good. Crowd were good, fun night out, fairly dominant but also average performance vs a poor side.

Was worried going today as my last Burnley game was late Pochettino era, Wembley and we lost. Pretty comfortable win today though . Royal had a good game I thought and Bentancur is just a great to watch.

I don't think I've ever seen a Spurs manager have such a hate-boner for a player before and I am so fucking glad. Dier was the root cause of so many of our problems last season.
His interview was telling, saying Dier withdrew injured, then says don’t question his integrity (unspoken meaning appears to me that maybe he thinks Dier pulled out of this game due to Bayern links and he’s pissed off at it. Hence the blunt “Yes” reply.

His interview was telling, saying Dier withdrew injured, then says don’t question his integrity (unspoken meaning appears to me that maybe he thinks Dier pulled out of this game due to Bayern links and he’s pissed off at it. Hence the blunt “Yes” reply.
I think he also said something along the line of “you’ll have to ask him about that” in speaking of the injury. Seems safe to say that Ange wasn’t super impressed with this.

I think he also said something along the line of “you’ll have to ask him about that” in speaking of the injury. Seems safe to say that Ange wasn’t super impressed with this.
I won't state it for fact but I'm beginning to draw the conclusion more and more that Dier was a big part of the "toxic element" in the club that has seen our team essentially down tools under 3 separate managers. Any other player here for all 3 of Mou, Nuno and Conte, you can't see it, but Dier refusing to budge this summer on the basis of getting a more favourable deal on a free transfer, and Ange's staunch refusal to include him as part of the core squad, speaks volumes to me.

Back
Top Bottom