Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Good win as 100% we would have lost this game over the last 3 seasons, back 4 were very good with Emerson being the pick, also thought Bentancur was superb, bit disappointed with Skipp and the front 3 i thought all lacked quality especially in the opposition half

Ange:

"VDV pretty much ready to go.... Would have brought him on tonight but needed juice further up the field"

"Davies has done his hammy"

I

5 wins from six? Yeah crisis form

To be fair we played better in most of our consecutive losses than we have in our 5 from 6 wins.

It's to be expected when the lineup misses so many 1st team players in crucial positions. Good to eke out wins when not playing at your best etc...

Probably slightly lucky that Burnley offered zero threat for the majority of the match, but as others have said we have a lot of key players missing so it's no huge surprise that we weren't as fluid as we can be.

It turned into one of those games where hopes of a good performance went out the window, so it just becomes all about getting the win and moving on.
We did but our front 3 is almost first choice. Surely they need to be so much more threatening?

Porro quality. Heard city want him back. They already had him. We dont sell to small clubs with money. Should have learned from kane saga. Sessegnon has until summer to prove himself otherwise hes off. We need a striker this window. Giminez please from feyenoord. Did real the other day slot regrets not taking Tottenham. It's ok arne were fine with ange. Maybe in a couple of years mate.

100%!
I don’t get what the manager and coaches are looking for and at! Everyone knows BJ is better on the right. Is he better on the right than Kulu on the right. 100% he is although his not that great himself. Play wingers on thier natural sides and have the FBs bombing forward out wide as well. We just keep passing side to side in the middle and cannot get through. It’s stupid when clearly we have more joy when going down the sides to the byline. How many goals have we scored from all the passing through the middle?
Did you not watch the game? Johnson and Kulusevski were switching wings regularly. You could often see them both on the right trying to overload.

We also kept the width well, it's just the final ball wasn't up to scratch.

Also, aren't you one of those bewailing AP not giving our academy boys a chance?

Must have come as a shock when he brought Donley and Scarlett on at just 1-0?

Doesn't trust our youth eh?

Last edited:
Scarlett finally one of the youngsters who I thought has an arrogant face that I loathed if he's from one of the other big 6 clubs which will make him look really good.

0q57jI.gif

Still on it after NYE?

Respect. 👌

Did you not watch the game? Johnson and Kulusevski were switching wings regularly. You could often see them both on the right trying to overload.

We also kept the width well, it's just the final ball wasn't up to scratch.

Also, aren't you one of those bewailing AP not giving our academy boys a chance?

Must have come as a shock when he brought Donkey and Scarlett on at just 1-0?

Doesn't trust our youth eh?
Should have been on the wings trying to stretch the defence.

Ah... I see. Probably not much point continuing the discussion. If you can't see why I might think he was our best player and yet not do anything "special" then we obviously see football differently. Cheers :thumbup:
So you can't think of anything he did that was special. Why not just say that?
He did not do anything special. I will be surprised if he starts for us again this season.
BBC voted 6 other players better than him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom