Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can’t work out if var silenced the stadium or not as before the call you could had a fucking pin drop! :sonpoint:
Despite all the brilliant commentary during the VAR drama, my favourite line of the night was Tyler stating: "It's unusually quiet in the ethihad, almost as if they're all just sitting back and enjoying the performance."
Yes, Martin, what stunning non-supporting supporters.

How about league teams and not National ones and currently playing ??
Zoff retired nearly 40 years ago :roflmao: he's 77 now. Even what you have submitted is effectively only 2 modern day ones (cannot include Lloris ) so that does show a rather limited number as I implied there were.
Since when do National teams or longevity not count?
Don't get me wrong... I'm not a fan of GK Captains either... I'm much more a fan of a CD/CM doing the job...
But it doesn't mean to say a GK who is good enough can Do AND HAS done a good job!

Shearer's theory was just that "no one appeals for it"

It's only the 2nd game with NEW rules though, so the players probably haven't even caught up with whats happening to instinctively react.
Nobody told me they'd changed to cricket rules, where you have to appeal for a foul. Nobody appealed because nobody saw it, except those lovely folk in the VAR studio. What a great bunch of people they are. Should be paid double. Indispensible, professional, astute, hard-working, lovely chaps.
Unlike Shearer, who's an idiot.

Since when do National teams or longevity not count?
Don't get me wrong... I'm not a fan of GK Captains either... I'm much more a fan of a CD/CM doing the job...
But it doesn't mean to say a GK who is good enough can Do AND HAS done a good job!

Totally agree, I was simply trying to find out if any other European club teams currently had their goalkeeper as captain other than Spurs. I couldn't think of any so asked the question on here. It was in no way an inference that Lloris was not doing a good job but simply highlighting it as a rarity at club level and a situation of which I am also not a fan.

Totally agree, I was simply trying to find out if any other European club teams currently had their goalkeeper as captain other than Spurs. I couldn't think of any so asked the question on here. It was in no way an inference that Lloris was not doing a good job but simply highlighting it as a rarity at club level and a situation of which I am also not a fan.
Captain is a funny role really, we have had some superb captains who were completely unable to get anything of merit out of the team, think Manbutt in the Francis days. Now these days we have the French national captain and the English national captain and have not won a trophy but more often than not show guts and determination. And then we have had a complete and utter self absorbed tosser lead an underwhelming team to a league cup. I think overall a captain in modern football needs to throw the coin in some style and that’s about it. I am being harsh to an extent, but I hope you see what I mean.

That's starters and dessert, roast beef today but I must give these wonderful people a recipe for Yorkshire puddings :)

Do you want one?

But a tip

Always make the batter the night before and leave in fridge

At the last minute just before putting into oven whisk an egg 🥚 white making sure plenty of bubbles in mixture

"On 19 July 2017, it was announced that Neuer would become the new captain for both Bayern and the Germany national team following Philipp Lahm's retirement."

I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a real lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted in real grief and sadness. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain a favourable media payback.

An entire country bank rolls your club and based on your comment part of your City too. Yet United never had such an advantage and dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped by an entire country.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City were winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning by your owners ( country rulers ) No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. But winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues about it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions, City fans don’t seem to question a single thing.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have a free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve in their state with their female population. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right, is it ?

When Raheem Stirling smashes a goal in, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens, New York, yet again they go unchallenged by all our media. Money don’t talk it silences.

What plays out in a sanitised Amazon Documentary or within certain branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics, propaganda and again money is keeping too many people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for the rulers of UAE. For the city of Manchester, a place that once had Peterloo to end up blind to this reality of the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel has found to anyone who will listen and tell this mob to piss off. Number 2 does not seem to be on the verge of anyone’s do to list.

On the wider point about North West investment and north / south divide. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested. And why are you not pointing out that Edinburgh gets more than you so it’s acceptable ?

Anyway, I’ve digressed. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky. Good. 2-2 and our supporters can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. City’s fans can’t sleep with the same feeling.
Preach it. Great writing.

Not another one of those narcissistic little shit goblins. If I was a City fan within arms reach I'd slap him.
I know it's gone in our favour twice up there now... but you gotta say, that footage goes on for AGES!
...it just shows you how long it takes to make a decision... I reckon 1000s would've left the ground having CELEBRATED the goal, still thinking they'd won!

Our nerves are shredded as it is watching football... now we don't know WHAT to feel when a goal goes in... elation/ despair, and it can all change MINUTES later... all that wasted emotion is gonna drive plenty to despair this season!

...there's gonna be many tv's broken and marriages ruined through this, you mark my words!

Back
Top Bottom