Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course we can always improve, but to expect to go to City, a team that has financial resources beyond anyone, and play our normal game and dominate is deluded.

Dominate I didn’t expect.
Passing the ball to each other would have been a start though.

I can appreciate honest dialogue about the way we played but people calling for Kane to dragged after 45 mins and writing Ndombele off can go and piss up a flag pole.

Kane and Ndombele has very poor games, and if people can say KWP was poor then they can say Kane was poor.

Yeah our performance wasn't the best, but if we can play badly and still get a point against Oil City, then I call that a positive.

As for all the nonsense about the handball and VAR, it's simple, Laporte's arm influenced the direction of the ball, by the letter of the law, it's a foul, case closed, AFAIC, any bitching you do on the subject shows you have an anti-Spurs/pro-City bias and are not speaking "as a neutral".

All the years we had to deal with constant poor decisions against us (Mendes' goal, Pires' repeated outright cheating) means I have ZERO sympathy for any team that feels "hard done by" with a decision against us.

Now we just have to build on this next week, the Barcodes are easily the worst team in the league right now, we NEED to give them an utter hiding at home.

We actually have more heart and passion than any other team in the league.

It's not a coincidence that even when we play badly we manage to get late wins like vs AV, or hang on bravely like yesterday.
I remember last season when we had 20 injuries and squad players playing, they managed to step it up and get late wins (Winks late winner vs Fulham). Just an amazing club

Nice. Love you John.
When we going to meet up for a beer at the new stadium if it ever gets built. Fucking levy eh?
I was there for the inter game actually. Next game I'm at I'll definately let you know beforehand.
Yep, hat's off to Daniel Levy. Probably the best stadium in the world.
I was probably about right with my timescale back in 2013 but we got there in the end.

20190804-144034.jpg

Last edited:
Happy with that. Great defending against what has to be said a brilliant team playing their AAA game. That is as good as City have played against us and one of their best performances I can remember against anyone in terms of pure play.

Did we get lucky they didn’t put other chances away, of course but despite the shooting stats I thought most of their chances other than their goals were half chances so we defended well. Sanchez I thought played a blinder.

I didn’t think we would steal a point so very happy. This game aside it’s going to take a few games to properly integrate Ndombele and Lo Celso but when we do I think we will have a good team and a good season.

I was there for the inter game actually. Next game I'm at I'll definately let you know beforehand.
Yep, hat's off to Daniel Levy. Probably the best stadium in the world.
I was probably about right with my timescale back in 2013 but we got there in the end.
You wind me up sometimes mate but youre a funny cunt
Will Absolutely buy you a beer to drown your sorrows at how we have done well in spite of your voiced concerns. I reckon we’d have a hoot if
I could prise that razor blade from your hand. (Poor form. I’m sorry)
Would love to share views and beers mate.

That is one of the worst performance ive ever watch. Idk whether passing around and keeping the ball is instructed, but it make us looks bad. We cant seem to pass through them, felt like they played with 2 more than us.
And most of our player are not up to speed. Sissoko and Rose usual drive isnt there. Everybody got shrugged easily by Walker.
Kane and Eriksen rubbish. I almost always defended Kane when people said he played bad, even in CL Final. But tonight he is really bad.
Lamela showed glimpses of good play. Sissoko looked very heavy. Ndombele hasnt convinced me yet.
2 full backs easily sliced through, but KWP better than Rose.
The only players can lift their heads up are Sanchez and Lloris. Lloris distribution is suspect and i hope for more in the first goal. But he is very alert.

This is EXACTLY what I like to think I could have typed in reply too...

:walker:

:walkercry:
they wouldn't understand any of these even if they could read, have you forgotten, they are Mancs..winning is all that matters no matter what the cost. They've had some hateful players in the past Sommerbee, Lee, etc
We.

Ss

Back
Top Bottom