Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Off topic
Can someone buy shares in VAR?
Wouldn’t buy a bottle of water to throw on VAR if it was on fire, horrible machine 🔥.....

I see a few comments on City fans starting trouble after the game yesterday, instigated by the final result of the game I’m sure, so has anyone actually stopped to think of the damage a VAR decision might cause if it goes against Liverpool?
I’m actually serious too, this evil machine might bring us back into the dark days again instead of bringing us into the future like it’s supposed to do🤔

Totally agree, I was simply trying to find out if any other European club teams currently had their goalkeeper as captain other than Spurs. I couldn't think of any so asked the question on here. It was in no way an inference that Lloris was not doing a good job but simply highlighting it as a rarity at club level and a situation of which I am also not a fan.

Not current, but Iker Casillas and Gigi Buffon were both captains of club and country for a long time.

EDIT: I see this has already been mentioned. Carry on.

To be fair the game died the moment a club was bankrolled by a nation. A human rights abusing nation at that.

Also...

salt-shaker.jpg
I’m from the States and I’ve been a fan of Spurs longer than City’s been relevant but now football is dead?

Fuck off.
as you're an American, can you explain why "American football " is played with hands and they call the beautiful game, soccer. Why don't they call it "rugby for wusses who need protective clothing and helmets ". On the head I mean, not the knob.

I always suspected this season was going to have VAR's filthy fingerprints all over it but man alive in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined it being this fucking gloriously stupid. I'm positively horny for the rest of this season, I hope there is an incident like this in every big match going forward, with a particular preference to Pool getting similarly robbed at home in the dying seconds, ideally by us. We might not be title contenders but we can still jizz all over the league table with days like this.
Wait for the 1st time it happens against us.....

and To be honest this is where everyone gets hung up yes my club have money and yes my club have wealth that we could never imagine but look at your neighbours and for that matter ours without this kind of investment we could only have lived in the shadow of these clubs so yes slag our club off for what we are but I have had 10 years of enjoyment I never could of imagined without such investment and also whilst saying we are are bankrolled by whoever remember I live in an area where from this investment the housing facilities and entire community has been transformed due to investment by the same people you are despising I don’t live in London where the government favours investment sorry if you don’t like this but reality is there is and always will be a north south divide so long live investment
Still no punctuation. Don't they have schools over there?

Constantly on the back foot but not out of it. Scrappy on the generous side of things, sloppy on the critical side. But we held them, and take the point. VAR, the ruthless arbiter of true justice, rides into town taking names once a gain. Can I get a "yeehaw"?

COYS
No. You can't. We are British gentlemen.

Wouldn’t buy a bottle of water to throw on VAR if it was on fire, horrible machine 🔥.....

I see a few comments on City fans starting trouble after the game yesterday, instigated by the final result of the game I’m sure, so has anyone actually stopped to think of the damage a VAR decision might cause if it goes against Liverpool?
I’m actually serious too, this evil machine might bring us back into the dark days again instead of bringing us into the future like it’s supposed to do🤔

A VAR decision can't 'go against' a team, not the one on Saturday in any case - it either hits the attackers arm or it doesn't....they've actually removed the ambiguity / unfairness.

When you put fuel in your car, do you take all of this into account? Let's face it, none of the middle east has a good record when it comes to human rights. If they were so bad why do we trade with them?
There will be other teams that will get bought out by dubious financial powers, what would you do if it was Spurs? Walk away, never to return?
I get a lot of what you're saying but it's rather flawed to say City and it's fans are in some way complicit with some poor woman being stoned to death
Are we still supposed to be playing the world cup over there?

I see the usual suspects were in here yesterday, ruining another match thread with their pathetic whinging and constant slagging off the club, players, Poch, Levy, tea lady, coach driver, Lamela wearing the wrong undies etc.

Fucking stain on our club and on society in general, moaning whinging bitches, trying to drag everyone else down to their level of shite.... life's sad fucking losers. Get out lads, leave the basement, get to a game, meet people, get laid.

Yeah we didn't play well, but we got a result and that will build confidence to go to the other top 6 clubs and get a result.

I see the usual suspects were in here yesterday, ruining another match thread with their pathetic whinging and constant slagging off the club, players, Poch, Levy, tea lady, coach driver, Lamela wearing the wrong undies etc.

Fucking stain on our club and on society in general, moaning whinging bitches, trying to drag everyone else down to their level of shite.... life's sad fucking losers. Get out lads, leave the basement, get to a game, meet people, get laid.

Yeah we didn't play well, but we got a result and that will build confidence to go to the other top 6 clubs and get a result.
Name and shame

Blimey, just finally finished reading through this thread and everyone's comments on yesterday's game. My view on matters is this. If there was a Sunday Newspaper called "The Bare Facts" it would state the following :
Yesterday Spurs played away at Manchester City, the result was 2-2 which meant both teams gained one league point.

Now how that came to be we can argue about until the proverbial cows come home but the facts will remain the same. If someone wants to criticise the manner in which that point was obtained then do so constructively, don't just point a finger at one or two players and say they were shit and didn't turn up, explain what you would have done had you been in Poch's seat. That way members can engage in meaningful and entertaining discussion rather than just watch others playing 'slag off tennis' which becomes tediously boring to read.

The people who should be miserable and pissed off today about it only being a draw are the Man City team and fans who failed to capitalise on having a home advantage. We should all be thanking our lucky stars and looking forward to the Newcastle game with a wry smile on our faces.
So if you feel a player didn't perform tell us who would you have had him subbed by or how would you have changed the formation around in order to get that player more involved and influential on the match. Put some meat in the sandwich we can actually chew on instead of just the unpalatable stale bread of simply totally negative posts.

(Hmmmm feeling quite hungry after that last comment....the pub Sunday Lunch beckons :thumbup:)
:coys:
And lunch will be....?

Back
Top Bottom