Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those having a moan about yesterday's performance, the second tweet shows how we chose to adapt to City and alter our game plan. These things need to be considered when analysing the game.

We chose to play narrow, we chose to run the risk of cross threats to prevent them from carving through the middle of us. This was abundantly obvious from early on when we saw Sterling in acres of space continuously. We opted for this rather than pockets of space through the middle and the risk got us a point in the end.

Exactly why the bashing of KWP is harsh.

And I hope we never play narrow again.

and To be honest this is where everyone gets hung up yes my club have money and yes my club have wealth that we could never imagine but look at your neighbours and for that matter ours without this kind of investment we could only have lived in the shadow of these clubs so yes slag our club off for what we are but I have had 10 years of enjoyment I never could of imagined without such investment and also whilst saying we are are bankrolled by whoever remember I live in an area where from this investment the housing facilities and entire community has been transformed due to investment by the same people you are despising I don’t live in London where the government favours investment sorry if you don’t like this but reality is there is and always will be a north south divide so long live investment
I could have sworn I asked you nicely to fuck off yesterday, but as you choose to stay...

Why do you come here whingeing and bleating and trying to justify the 'success' that dirty money has bought you? You were always a nothing club and you still are - you've just temporarily donned on a new set of ill-fitting clothing and it won't last. The reality is you're the second best club in a second-rate city. You're not Manchester United and you never will be. You'll always be the sad little sibling that has to wear the ugly clothes (light blue ffs???).

Your 'success' is as fake as Chelsea's and before long it will wither back to where it should be, when your current backers get bored of you - and they will. After your brief moment in the sun you will return to not even being the best team in Manchester - and as I said, you'll NEVER be the best club in that city.

You've got a nerve to come here and whinge to the proud supporters of a proud and proper club - a club that has got to where it has through proper, respectable footballing methods. Get back to Division 2, your natural home and where you belong. You're fake and you know it.

2-2? A draw? Naah - You LOST BADLY yesterday and I sincerely hope it happens every time you play.

Please feel free to stay around as long as you like.

The thing that's annoying me with VAR is that none seems to understand why it was right yesterday:

1. ALL goals will be assessed for any infringement. All this talk of ' no one appealed', etc is moot. Every goal will be looked at. It isn't about clear and obvious or ref opinion.
2. If the ball hits a hand of an attacker, whether deliberate or not, the goal will be disallowed.
3. VAR isn't there to look at every incident (for Lamela's foul) but it is the interpretation of 'clear and obvious' that is the grey area.

No-one was robbed. It isn't a conspiracy.

Here's why the Lamela/Rodrigo incident was NOT a penalty...

The two were running side by side. Rodrigo pushed himself increasingly into Lamela's side. Both players' arms were flailing. Rodrigo (the cheat) used the contact he had initiated as an excuse to go down and try to buy a penalty. The referee saw it for what it was - a dive. VAR may well have looked at it and seen it was NOT a clear/obvious mistake by the ref (who possibly told VAR what he'd seen).

If you're not convinced, try looking at it again, focussing on Rodrigo. You'll see what I mean.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but that result feels like a european away type of scenario. Against the title rivals I dont think performance matters, it's all about the result.

For all his faults, Mourinho knew this.

Wonder if we're going to see more sacrificing of performance for results. Sounds silly, but it is a thing.

Lineker "I think it's fair to say that it isn't necessarily VAR's fault?"

Yes Gary, VAR has a consciousness and feelings.
To be fair, on many occasions VAR DOES have consciousness and feelings. It isn't a totally automated system, like tennis's Hawkeye, it's a human interpretation of video images on a screen. As much as we'd like to think it's not, VAR is only human too. It can lay awake at night, regretting things it's done.

I could have sworn I asked you nicely to fuck off yesterday, but as you choose to stay...

Why do you come here whingeing and bleating and trying to justify the 'success' that dirty money has bought you? You were always a nothing club and you still are - you've just temporarily donned on a new set of ill-fitting clothing and it won't last. The reality is you're the second best club in a second-rate city. You're not Manchester United and you never will be. You'll always be the sad little sibling that has to wear the ugly clothes (light blue ffs???).

Your 'success' is as fake as Chelsea's and before long it will wither back to where it should be, when your current backers get bored of you - and they will. After your brief moment in the sun you will return to not even being the best team in Manchester - and as I said, you'll NEVER be the best club in that city.

You've got a nerve to come here and whinge to the proud supporters of a proud and proper club - a club that has got to where it has through proper, respectable footballing methods. Get back to Division 2, your natural home and where you belong. You're fake and you know it.

2-2? A draw? Naah - You LOST BADLY yesterday and I sincerely hope it happens every time you play.

Please feel free to stay around as long as you like.

Whatever happened to the 'crowd celebration' that involved turning their back to the pitch? I thought it was a long tradition?

Supporters of a real club! As real as the fascists or PSG!

It's no wonder they named one of the stands at Maine Road after Colin Bell!

The morning after, my thoughts are we defended very well and compact. Both goals are down to not getting tight to probably the best technician in world football. First points dropped by city at home since December 2018 says it all really. We have played much better against top 6 teams and lost. Strength in depth was evident yesterday, no verts, dier moura gio on the bench, still son sess and alli to come into the 18.

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif
Not really ArtyB ....the discussion was about Lloris being team captain and how common that was. I should have put 'clubs' instead of 'teams' perhaps but even with the answers provided it does tend to point at how rare it is.
Are there any other CLUBS in Europe that currently have their goalkeeper as Captain apart from Spurs ?? How's that ??
I wasn't trying to make a point, I was just asking the question. Please put the goalposts back now...... :roflmao: :roflmao::thumbup:

That's fine, but then make sure you track the runners trying to get on the end of the crosses. If you're going to defend the centre don't let players run off you into dangerous areas. Basic stuff really, that's all.

Not necessarily aimed at you Park Lane but I'm getting fed up of these black and white debates. Can we not enjoy the result AND recognise how fortunate we were with some constructive, reasoned debate.

I agree absolutely but people need to consider how many teams actually keep clean sheets against Man City. First half we gave them opportunities in those areas agreed but I do think our defensive performance against top class players, especially in the 2nd half is getting overlooked.

It was a great point and we should all be delighted with it.

To be fair, on many occasions VAR DOES have consciousness and feelings. It isn't a totally automated system, like tennis's Hawkeye, it's a human interpretation of video images on a screen. As much as we'd like to think it's not, VAR is only human too. It can lay awake at night, regretting things it's done.

I hate to ask, but are friends electric?

Sorry, blame Gary Numan...

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there was a bit of trouble outside after. City brave scumbags hitting women and children. Saw a 12 or 13 year old get punched but his dad couldn't do anything as there were about thirty odd 30-40 year olds having a go. Police were a bit slow to stop it, but eventually sorted it.

I see the usual suspects were in here yesterday, ruining another match thread with their pathetic whinging and constant slagging off the club, players, Poch, Levy, tea lady, coach driver, Lamela wearing the wrong undies etc.

Fucking stain on our club and on society in general, moaning whinging bitches, trying to drag everyone else down to their level of shite.... life's sad fucking losers. Get out lads, leave the basement, get to a game, meet people, get laid.

Yeah we didn't play well, but we got a result and that will build confidence to go to the other top 6 clubs and get a result.
What a patronising and boring sermon.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but there was a bit of trouble outside after. City brave scumbags hitting women and children. Saw a 12 or 13 year old get punched but his dad couldn't do anything as there were about thirty odd 30-40 year olds having a go. Police were a bit slow to stop it, but eventually sorted it.

Poor little guys didn’t get their way so had a tantrum

Back
Top Bottom