Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Also the off the ball movement was really bad. Everytime someone had the ball in midfield, others wouldn't make themselves available for the pass. A few times in the first half Winks and Eriksen had the ball in a decent area and had no one to pass to. Played with too much fear, invited pressure.

Re: Runners....

Throw in's were like a prison sentence for the taker....

We can be so static at times.

Re: Runners....

Throw in's were like a prison sentence for the taker....

We can be so static at times.

Never really understood the logic of it being an advantage with one player trying to throw the ball to nine other outfielders whilst the opposition have ten players to mark them :thumbdown: (Unless you had a throw like Ian Hutchinson :thumbup:)

Last edited:
Also the off the ball movement was really bad. Everytime someone had the ball in midfield, others wouldn't make themselves available for the pass. A few times in the first half Winks and Eriksen had the ball in a decent area and had no one to pass to. Played with too much fear, invited pressure.

Same happened with Sissoko in the 2nd half

Kept looking up but no out ball so had to play it back
Tbf that’s what he normally does anyway but the point stands

[FORMATION=523,Lloris,Sissoko,Alderwerield,Sanchez,Vertonghen,Rose,Winks,Ndombele,Eriksen,Kane,Lucas][/FORMATION]

This should have been our team. A shame Foyth was out, he kept Sterling in his pocket a few months ago at the Etihad in PL. KWP was being overrun by Sterling, Sissoko would have the athleticism to keep up with him. One of Winks or Ndombele closely marking KDB, who was way too free especially in the first half. Lucas instead of Lamela would have given us more threat on the counter too.

Blimey, just finally finished reading through this thread and everyone's comments on yesterday's game. My view on matters is this. If there was a Sunday Newspaper called "The Bare Facts" it would state the following :
Yesterday Spurs played away at Manchester City, the result was 2-2 which meant both teams gained one league point.

Now how that came to be we can argue about until the proverbial cows come home but the facts will remain the same. If someone wants to criticise the manner in which that point was obtained then do so constructively, don't just point a finger at one or two players and say they were shit and didn't turn up, explain what you would have done had you been in Poch's seat. That way members can engage in meaningful and entertaining discussion rather than just watch others playing 'slag off tennis' which becomes tediously boring to read.

The people who should be miserable and pissed off today about it only being a draw are the Man City team and fans who failed to capitalise on having a home advantage. We should all be thanking our lucky stars and looking forward to the Newcastle game with a wry smile on our faces.
So if you feel a player didn't perform tell us who would you have had him subbed by or how would you have changed the formation around in order to get that player more involved and influential on the match. Put some meat in the sandwich we can actually chew on instead of just the unpalatable stale bread of simply totally negative posts.

(Hmmmm feeling quite hungry after that last comment....the pub Sunday Lunch beckons :thumbup:)
:coys:

No Guinness !!

:bmj:

Works both ways. Am proud & privileged to stand shoulder to shoulder with you pal. We’d have a fucking good chance whatever the Oppo.

Only Issue is we are a bit fucking past it
My zimmerframe can infliict huge damage though

It's easier when you get older....I'd just lift my leg, squeeze the bag and piss all over them :thumbup:

(Before anyone asks the question that was a joke and no I do not !!)

[FORMATION=523,Lloris,Sissoko,Alderwerield,Sanchez,Vertonghen,Rose,Winks,Ndombele,Eriksen,Kane,Lucas][/FORMATION]

This should have been our team. A shame Foyth was out, he kept Sterling in his pocket a few months ago at the Etihad in PL. KWP was being overrun by Sterling, Sissoko would have the athleticism to keep up with him. One of Winks or Ndombele closely marking KDB, who was way too free especially in the first half. Lucas instead of Lamela would have given us more threat on the counter too.

Anyone can play the hindsight game, but Lamela gave us rather significant input on the counter... You didn't miss it, did you?

KWP: They didn't score from our right... How bad could it have been? vs Foyth: We lost that game....

Anyone can play the hindsight game, but Lamela gave us rather significant input on the counter... You didn't miss it, did you?

KWP: They didn't score from our right... How bad could it have been? vs Foyth: We lost that game....
Yeah I did say in a previous post, on the last page, that we can't be too harsh on Poch due to players we had out, and we can only criticise now with the benefit of hindsight.
As for KWP vs Sterling, he lost Sterling for the first goal and was just getting torn apart in general. Foyth is better defensively than KWP, and has better timing in his tackles.
As for Lamela, it's true he scored, but just in terms of the general set up of the game I think Lucas from the start is more of a threat.
Still, much better start to the season than I anticipated, this is by far the hardest game of the season. Anfield is much easier than Etihad for us to win.

I don’t get all the bitching and moaning about the overturned goal.

If the ball doesn’t hit Laporte’s arm, it doesn’t fall to Jesus and City do not score.

Shearer's theory was just that "no one appeals for it"

It's only the 2nd game with NEW rules though, so the players probably haven't even caught up with whats happening to instinctively react.

Yeah I did say in a previous post, on the last page, that we can't be too harsh on Poch due to players we had out, and we can only criticise now with the benefit of hindsight.
As for KWP vs Sterling, he lost Sterling for the first goal and was just getting torn apart in general. Foyth is better defensively than KWP, and has better timing in his tackles.
As for Lamela, it's true he scored, but just in terms of the general set up of the game I think Lucas from the start is more of a threat.
Still, much better start to the season than I anticipated, this is by far the hardest game of the season. Anfield is much easier than Etihad for us to win.

I wasn't accusing you of being harsh.... Just reminding you of the butterfly effect.... Your retrospective changes may just as likely have create issues elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom