Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I actually didn't think he played that abysmally today, but it's clear that he's now a few steps off his pace and will get punished against quality opposition.

I'm not saying that Kaboul was the worst today (I think that title unfortunately belongs to Dier today), I just feel that it is painfully clear that he is not good enough, and at his age that isn't going to change any time soon.

He simply cannot start the next game. If Kaboul is in the starting 11 against WBA then some serious questions have to be asked.

His career has been (unfortunately) ruined by injuries, and any amount of sentimentality is damaging at this point. He is finished at this level and we need to move on,

He was our best defender today.

i think that serious injury kaboul got came at the worst time & he hasn't been the same since.
he was really growing as a CB & he was having his bad season until that major injury.
i honestly thought he was 1 of our best players.
since that injury he still looks quite good but nowhere near as good as he was.
he was developing really nicely.
we need 4 CBs & i want to keep him as 1. but we do need a better CB especially against the better teams!

i think that serious injury kaboul got came at the worst time & he hasn't been the same since.
he was really growing as a CB & he was having his bad season until that major injury.
i honestly thought he was 1 of our best players.
since that injury he still looks quite good but nowhere near as good as he was.
he was developing really nicely.
we need 4 CBs & i want to keep him as 1. but we do need a better CB especially against the better teams!

He looked fast as fuck today.

He was our best defender today.
I honestly think Rose was probably our best defender and it was Dier that was the weak sport today. I think Dier needs some easier competition and Naughton should come back into the team for the time being.

Kaboul and Chiriches were both pretty solid though too, they both tackled well, distributed well and didn't really take a step wrong. We were just punished for two small errors and got pretty unlucky.

Chiriches were both pretty solid though too, they both tackled well, distributed well and didn't really take a step wrong. We were just punished for two small errors and got pretty unlucky.

Really? Vlad was solid and distributed well?

Rose best defender?

:capouestare:

Anything but admit anything positive for Kabs.

Rose was too busy missing sitters and stepping on Ades feet to defend.

Last edited:
Really? Vlad was solid and distributed well?

Rose best defender?

:capouestare:

Rose was too busy missing sitters and stepping on Ades feet to defend.
Oh FFS really? Actually modifying what I said to try and get a dig in
Kaboul and Chiriches were both pretty solid though too, they both tackled well, distributed well and didn't really take a step wrong.
So why you've then said
Is beyond me.

As for Rose missing sitters and stepping on Ade's feet... Other than the early chance he should of done better with I've no idea what you mean... Like at all. How was Rose stepping on Ade's feet at all? In fact since this is one of the very few times a heat map will come in handy here we go.

BxgBQyUCAAIcIaH.jpg:large

Notice how he rarely ventures from the left side of the pitch? So if they were interfering with each other (not something I saw) then it was mostly likely Ade going out to the left.

You know what, I really can't be bothered with this anymore though, I'm putting you on ignore since this is waste of both of our time and recently I feel like I'm becoming the knew cahspur cahspur with you.

Although I really like Kaboul, he has IMO much like Sandro, become a liability because of his injuries. If we were to bring in another CB, I'd love to see us get Nastasic from Citeh

Oh FFS really? Actually modifying what I said to try and get a dig in

So why you've then said

Is beyond me.

As for Rose missing sitters and stepping on Ade's feet... Other than the early chance he should of done better with I've no idea what you mean... Like at all. How was Rose stepping on Ade's feet at all? In fact since this is one of the very few times a heat map will come in handy here we go.

BxgBQyUCAAIcIaH.jpg:large

Notice how he rarely ventures from the left side of the pitch? So if they were interfering with each other (not something I saw) then it was mostly likely Ade going out to the left.

You know what, I really can't be bothered with this anymore though, I'm putting you on ignore since this is waste of both of our time and recently I feel like I'm becoming the knew cahspur cahspur with you.

Pretty funny that the heat map shows him in the ops box as much as the one he's supposed to be defending. You can pick a glory hunter as the best defender if you like.

So you're saying our wing backs shouldn't get into the box......

Yes.

Since over the years our wingbacks hardly score and assist from open play. Even when they are called Gareth Bale. Him as a wingback had the longest run without a win.

Their attacking pluses do not outweigh their defensive frailty. Rose like Bale should be a winger and be nowhere near a defense.

Rose did make tackles when he had too. He made a great one in the box second half. We have to remember, Dier is not a RB. He did pretty ok apart from the Johnson goal. He showed Johnson the right side, but unfortunately gave him a little too much space. IMO he's better than naughton there. Chiriches I like as he can bring the ball out. He never did much wrong. Kaboul had a good game too and credit where it is due. Wickham got no joy from him all day long. Did Sunderland trouble us that much? No. The game was lost not from defending it was lost from lack of clinical finishing,

Yes.

Since over the years our wingbacks hardly score and assist from open play. Even when they are called Gareth Bale. Him as a wingback had the longest run without a win.

Their attacking pluses do not outweigh their defensive frailty. Rose like Bale should be a winger and be nowhere near a defense.
Watch a Southampton game from last year and tell me the wing backs shouldn't get as high as possible. We has 5 midfielders on yesterday and not one of them are natural wingers, need that width and someone to make an option. You can say what you like about Rose but I think he's been great under Poch, fantastic engine and he always keeps his winger busy, I don't even remember who was on the right wing for Sunderland yesterday they were kept that quiet. I agree we show defensive frailty occasionally but when we're regularly commanding 60/70 percent possession the wing backs are more an attacking requirement than a defensive one.

Watch a Southampton game from last year and tell me the wing backs shouldn't get as high as possible. We has 5 midfielders on yesterday and not one of them are natural wingers, need that width and someone to make an option. You can say what you like about Rose but I think he's been great under Poch, fantastic engine and he always keeps his winger busy, I don't even remember who was on the right wing for Sunderland yesterday they were kept that quiet. I agree we show defensive frailty occasionally but when we're regularly commanding 60/70 percent possession the wing backs are more an attacking requirement than a defensive one.

Yeah. Let's go allllll the way to last fucking year.

:adethumbup: My point is we have no width without our wingbacks and them bombing forward gives Lamela Eriksen etc more space and more options.

The wingbacks Rose, Naughton and Walker STARVED Soldado, Lamela and Defoe last season.

You have a romantic ideal of what our wingbacks provide. Packing the midfield with Dembele, Capoue, Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela is where our attacks should be generated. It's more than enough.

And instead of Rose and co shanking chances, players who can finish should be in the final third.

Back
Top Bottom