Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winning you over sir? Your posts from Saturdays game suggest otherwise!! You are a crazy cat!But of course 2 days is a lifetime on this bloody board, anyones opinion can reverse!

I also support Kaboul, it isnt cricket, the captain does not have to play every game and I do think he is a leader and does a lot off the field which is important, ie) he went to visit that keeper Naughton maimed

I'm brutally honest even if I like players/managers. You won't find a bigger Dembele or Ade defender than me on this and other forums but I won't ignore the fact that both faded in the last game and I mentioned that in the match thread. But I'll support them regardless because I know deep down they are quality.

Same goes for Poch. Poch disappointed me with the set pieces on the weekend. Both defending but also attacking them. These are tangiable things that managers hold responsibility for drilling.

I also dont see the point of him trying to loan out Lennon but then using him and Townsend as an option on the bench when historically their prem goal and assist return combined is diabolical.

What really makes me embrace Poch is his faith in Kaboul and Ade, along with the fact that only Rose is left from my tiny dancer hand wringing campaign that has gone on for years when it comes to prem starts. If he replaces Rose with Davies in the prem, I may very well evaporate into a fine mist of sex wee.

:lamelashock:

He's pretty much playing identical to what I want apart from Rose. I wanted 2 big attackers (Ade and Chadli) to act as a foil for the smaller Lamela and Eriksen. Plus 2 holding players. So it's about as close as I could hope for in regards to shape and personnel when most have been telling me I dont understand Poch tactics and telling me wingers and deep lying playmakers are imminent as well as Ade and Kaboul making way.

The main difference is he's playing with wingbacks and I see the flanks as our biggest weakness and would rather regular left and right backs for stability. I think Eriksen, Lamela, Ade and a 4th more powerful attacker (Chadli, Kane, Dembele, Paulinho, Bentaleb etc) is more than enough to generate attacks.

unbelievable performance. I really don't believe it. Was that really Kaboul out there? Looked like a captain, played like a captain... unlucky goal aside, he and Verts were almost infallible today.

very heartening stuff.

Defo MOTM for me today as well. The guy was immense. Threw himself at everything, was vocal, and showed some guts. So glad that he and Verts were at the back today, was having proper palpatations (and would have seriously questioned Poc's sanity) about possibility of Chiriches starting

I was worried when we made Kaboul captain as felt he's done, tbh. Happily eating my words tonight. Today was fantastic from him, he was a proper captain and if he starts playing like that regularly, we are going to finally start seeing a tougher Tottenham defence.

Melts, the ones who wrote him off and the ones who are now praising him having written him off. Knee jerk central, female personalities the lot of you.

Gibbsy knew. :kaboul:

Yes, anyone who could see Kaboul has been shit up to now is a knee jerk "melt"

Can't wait till bellends get tired of using that word

His performance against Liverpool was honestly one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. He couldn't even play the ball. How the guy we saw today is the same one from the Liverpool game is astounding. Funny old game. Definitely MOTM today, long may it continue.

His performance against Liverpool was honestly one of the worst I've ever seen in my life. He couldn't even play the ball. How the guy we saw today is the same one from the Liverpool game is astounding. Funny old game. Definitely MOTM today, long may it continue.

You knee jerking melt, there are people here to do the important business of bragging and acting superior, stop taking up the thread.

In the summer it was pointed out to me that Kaboul had only played 14 games in the last two years.

Not sure why people think he would be match fit and up to speed instantly, and too many people were very quick to write him off as "shit"....one even said he should never wear the shirt again.

Showing that game by game, his fitness and sharpness is coming back up to speed, and yesterday I saw the sort of leadership we´ve missed since King.

Showing faith in Kaboul could work out to be Pochs most important move this window.

Like with Capoue, coaching and confidence is a great thing....so, so glad we didnt spunk big money on Schniederlin and Mussachio.

This is what building a team is all about.

Back
Top Bottom