Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel for him, so much promise. that injury was so cruel. Him and sandro could have been beasts in our spine but pure bad luck has fucked that up.

I thank him for that cross vs man city away

He has been a great servant but we have to move on

Kaboul is a great player IMO.

I can see why Poch made him captain. We fix the deluge of crosses being waved in and he will give us stability.

All goals once again were generated from the soft wings.

Again where was Rose for the first goal? Why was Bentaleb and Jan dragged from the middle to the left wing? Because Rose was on another walkabout.

Townsend soft wingydingz give away. Pressure pressure pressure attacking our weak flanks.

I can see why Poch made him captain. We fix the deluge of crosses being waved in and he will give us stability.

Again where was Rose for the first goal? Why was Bentaleb and Jan dragged from the middle to the left wing? Because Rose was on another walkabout.

Townsend soft wingydingz give away. Pressure pressure pressure attacking our weak flanks.

mate i don't like to single out players too often but did you watch the game today. I counted at least 6 or 7 times when he made a really bad fuck up that either led to a chance on goal or was very lucky not to. He had an absolute mare and, whilst not helped by the bad defence down our flanks, meant the whole back four was super shaky. That was NOT a captain's performance at all. The worst part is that he was doing this too much last season as well. I don't think he's right physically and mentally he certainly doesn't look confident.

I hope we can see him get back to the form of a few years ago but sadly I think he'll be watching fazio from the bench for a little while after that display.

There was an air of discomfort whenever Kaboul was on the ball yesterday, first time I've seen that with him. Still think he can recapture his form, maybe through the cup competitions though for a while. Cup Captain with Lloris league captain. Providing Virginia re emerges.

mate i don't like to single out players too often but did you watch the game today. I counted at least 6 or 7 times when he made a really bad fuck up that either led to a chance on goal or was very lucky not to. He had an absolute mare and, whilst not helped by the bad defence down our flanks, meant the whole back four was super shaky. That was NOT a captain's performance at all. The worst part is that he was doing this too much last season as well. I don't think he's right physically and mentally he certainly doesn't look confident.

I hope we can see him get back to the form of a few years ago but sadly I think he'll be watching fazio from the bench for a little while after that display.

His passing was bad. He's a cd. We lost the midfield battle and had limited out balls.

Our defensive frailties are not through the middle usually.

Jan had a terrible season. He's another player suffering due to our wings. Whatever cb we put in there will suffer with our weak flanks waving past some of the WORST PLAYERS IN THE PREM.

West ham are relegation fodder and their wingers looked like world beaters against us and we were lucky to win.

There was an air of discomfort whenever Kaboul was on the ball yesterday, first time I've seen that with him. Still think he can recapture his form, maybe through the cup competitions though for a while. Cup Captain with Lloris league captain. Providing Virginia re emerges.

Like I said. Same thing happened with Jan. They are nervous wrecks not knowing to stick or twist.

IMO rose helped daws get sold. The amount of hospital balls he plays to our cbs does them no favors. Daws can be solid. With the jokers around him turned him into donkey daws.

Jan did not become a bad player overnight. He's a product of his environment.

Like I said. Same thing happened with Jan. They are nervous wrecks not knowing to stick or twist.

IMO rose helped daws get sold. The amount of hospital balls he plays to our cbs does them no favors. Daws can be solid. With the jokers around him turned him into donkey daws.

Jan did not become a bad player overnight. He's a product of his environment.
You always need to have confidence in your partner to become a class centre back, like you said look at Dawson next to King, solid. None of our centre backs are anywhere near Kings level, and yesterday Kaboul blatantly didn't have the trust of Vertonghen and in turn Kaboul tried too much to cover Dier who had a hard time. I'm all for Kaboul being in our first 11 in a couple of months but he's blatantly operating at 80%, regardless of the form of those around him.

AEL Limassol keeper Karim Fergouche suffered a horrible fractured nose in his side’s Europa League qualifier with Spurs, which the Londoners won 5-1 on aggregate.
To show there are no hard feelings and that it was a complete accident, good guy Younes Kaboul visited Fergouche in hospital and presented him with a signed Tottenham shirt.
thumb

AEL Limassol keeper Karim Fergouche suffered a horrible fractured nose in his side’s Europa League qualifier with Spurs, which the Londoners won 5-1 on aggregate.
To show there are no hard feelings and that it was a complete accident, good guy Younes Kaboul visited Fergouche in hospital and presented him with a signed Tottenham shirt.
thumb

Lol a signed shirt? Seems rather condescending. Feel like a handshake and a hug without the photographer around would have sufficed.

Lol a signed shirt? Seems rather condescending. Feel like a handshake and a hug without the photographer around would have sufficed.
He plays for a Cypriot team bro. Those guys (and players from teams of a similar stature) would fight among themselves to swap shirts with certain Spurs players, a team signed shirt is a great gesture imo.

Rose was pushed forwards because that's half his job. If you watch the replays it was Kaboul playing Henderson onside that was the biggest mistake for that goal.

Then when Townsend gives the ball away, it's indeed very clumsy because Dier has pushed forwards and Townsend should have realized this. However there then seems to be a complete lapse in communication at the back meaning no-one closes down Moreno because no-one takes responsibility. Our captain needs to do so, especially since Kaboul was the one in the best position to stop him.

Back
Top Bottom