Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rose was pushed forwards because that's half his job. If you watch the replays it was Kaboul playing Henderson onside that was the biggest mistake for that goal.

Then when Townsend gives the ball away, it's indeed very clumsy because Dier has pushed forwards and Townsend should have realized this. However there then seems to be a complete lapse in communication at the back meaning no-one closes down Moreno because no-one takes responsibility. Our captain needs to do so, especially since Kaboul was the one in the best position to stop him.

I've said in the past, Roses, Naughton, Lennon, Townsends 2 or 3 goals and assists a season and lack of involvement in the buildup is not worth the piss poor defending.

Vert or Bentaleb could not be blamed for playing someone onside because they were out on the wing. When Kab is the closest to the goal, he's being the scapegoat.

Was kab the main reason? Or was is the uncontested cross? It all started because of space left by Rose and that starts a scramble. Like I said, Kaboul and Verts poor form is the symptom, not the disease.

Our porous wings are the main cause of the chaos.

Last edited:
You talk so much shit. Fuck off.

You talked shit about Lamela to me. Just days before he started assisting for fun. No wonder you want me to fuck off when you see him putting a mint volley past the Germans.

:soldadowatch:

It's inconvenient for you since Townsends last game etc leaves you unable to talk about football. Just start your usual night time rally to start a pileon.

I've said in the past, Roses, Naughton, Lennon, Townsends 2 or 3 goals and assists a season and lack of involvement in the buildup is not worth the piss poor defending.

Vert or Bentaleb could not be blamed for playing someone onside because they were out on the wing. When Kab is the closest to the goal, he's being the scapegoat.

Was kab the main reason? Or was is the uncontested cross? It all started because of space left by Rose and that starts a scramble. Like I said, Kaboul and Verts poor form is the symptom, not the disease.

Our porous wings are the main cause of the chaos.
So players on the wing can't play people onside? Stick to NFL, you're embarrassing yourself now.

Last edited:
gibbs131

what's the solution? flat back 4?

Yep. IMO even our DMs can play enough to link up with the forwards.

Kaboul has been shocking but he can usually bring the ball out ok. Jan can too.

I think we need trad left and right backs, not wingbacks.

If we had great attacking wingbacks I wouldn't mind as much.

Walker is my fav player but his crossing, through balls etc were diabolical.

Yep. IMO even our DMs can play enough to link up with the forwards.

Kaboul has been shocking but he can usually bring the ball out ok. Jan can too.

I think we need trad left and right backs, not wingbacks.

If we had great attacking wingbacks I wouldn't mind as much.

Walker is my fav player but his crossing, through balls etc were diabolical.
But then our forward play goes stale... You don't want wingers and you don't want wing backs, where exactly is the space going to be for our attacking players? There won't be any because any half decent team will just pack the middle of the pitch every time we get the ball and we won't be able to do anything with it.

But then our forward play goes stale... You don't want wingers and you don't want wing backs, where exactly is the space going to be for our attacking players? There won't be any because any half decent team will just pack the middle of the pitch every time we get the ball and we won't be able to do anything with it.

It's already stale and predictable. It can't possibly get any worse. But we can get tighter at the back.

I want Kane, ade, Lamela and eriksen being the focus of our creativity. So many options. My 4-2-3-1 is very attack focused. But it's also a team with options for targets etc.

And it's not like the leftbacks etc will never get involved is it?

Last edited:

Ben Davies just put a peach of a cross in for Bale to score a header and Davies was near the halfway line.

IMO Davies will not hurt our creativity as a left back. Heads up and the ability to deliver.

Ben Davies just put a peach of a cross in for Bale to score a header and Davies was near the halfway line.

IMO Davies will not hurt our creativity as a left back. Heads up and the ability to deliver.
I don't understand the relevance here? For that to work Davies will still need to push forwards to get assists...

He simply cannot start the next game. If Kaboul is in the starting 11 against WBA then some serious questions have to be asked.

His career has been (unfortunately) ruined by injuries, and any amount of sentimentality is damaging at this point. He is finished at this level and we need to move on,

Back
Top Bottom