Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The wingbacks Rose, Naughton and Walker STARVED Soldado, Lamela and Defoe last season.

You have a romantic ideal of what our wingbacks provide. Packing the midfield with Dembele, Capoue, Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela is where our attacks should be generated. It's more than enough.

And instead of Rose and co shanking chances, players who can finish should be in the final third.
I'd say last year was a write off, no system and no continuity. The whole point of the wing back is to give the people you mentioned more space by dragging defenders etc, I don't want them in the opposition box for 90 minutes but they have got to give the opposition something to think about. Look at how Liverpool exploited us in the previous game, they're full backs were brilliant and capped it off with a goal. Not saying our wingbacks are of that calibre yet bit they can do that job.

I'd say last year was a write off, no system and no continuity. The whole point of the wing back is to give the people you mentioned more space by dragging defenders etc, I don't want them in the opposition box for 90 minutes but they have got to give the opposition something to think about. Look at how Liverpool exploited us in the previous game, they're full backs were brilliant and capped it off with a goal. Not saying our wingbacks are of that calibre yet bit they can do that job.

Liverpools opening goal was bentaleb and jan filling a Rose sized hole on the left.

They were dragged out of position because Rose was wandering.

I cant fathom how your argument re our wingbacks is from an attacking aspect when they have been largley useless going forward.

Leave forward play to people who can create and finish.

Liverpools opening goal was bentaleb and jan filling a Rose sized hole on the left.

They were dragged out of position because Rose was wandering.

I cant fathom how your argument re our wingbacks is from an attacking aspect when they have been largley useless going forward.

Leave forward play to people who can create and finish.
I was referring to how Liverpools full backs played, that's the end goal. You're going to be in for a long year if you don't fancy wing backs.

I was referring to how Liverpools full backs played, that's the end goal. You're going to be in for a long year if you don't fancy wing backs.

Why blow off what I just said? Jan and bentaleb were covering for Rose who was walkabout. The pen was from another wingback who should have just kept it simple.

We have been DECIMATED down our flanks for ages. It's time to man them and remove the huge "attack us here" sign we give managers.

It's not that I don't fancy wingbacks. I don't think our specific wingbacks are creative, dangerous or intelligent enough in the final third to justify the MASSIVE gaps they leave.

Liverpool was our litmus test to see where we stand and here you are ignoring what fucked us. Nobody was left in the middle to dominate because Kabs can't do it all. A cb and dm was drawn out.

Why blow off what I just said? Jan and bentaleb were covering for Rose who was walkabout. The pen was from another wingback who should have just kept it simple.

We have been DECIMATED down our flanks for ages. It's time to man them and remove the huge "attack us here" sign we give managers.

It's not that I don't fancy wingbacks. I don't think our specific wingbacks are creative, dangerous or intelligent enough in the final third to justify the MASSIVE gaps they leave.

Liverpool was our litmus test to see where we stand and here you are ignoring what fucked us. Nobody was left in the middle to dominate because Kabs can't do it all. A cb and dm was drawn out.
Not blowing off the point just saying we were pulled out of position by their wingbacks, they are doing it right, we're still learning. I agree Rose isn't as clinical in the final third but he still presents an option. What we have if we don't have wingbacks is the last 6 months of AVB, possession without penetration. And I think every one of our back four looked poor against Liverpool, they completely outplayed us.

Great appointment. Hopefully he will sign a new contract and his injury days are behind him.

I can see what Poch sees in him. IMO it's a win win with Vert. Having two CB's with the capacity to be a captain can only mean good things.

Talking about Verts future in Sept is a premature conversation.

Last edited:
I'm hoping he signs a new contract. Plus Ade vice captain? Fantastic.

Poch is really winning me over, and that's a nigh on impossible task.

Last edited:
I'm hoping he signs a new contract. Plus Ade vice captain? Fantastic.

Poch is really winning me over, and that's a nigh on impossible task.

Winning you over sir? Your posts from Saturdays game suggest otherwise!! You are a crazy cat!But of course 2 days is a lifetime on this bloody board, anyones opinion can reverse!

I also support Kaboul, it isnt cricket, the captain does not have to play every game and I do think he is a leader and does a lot off the field which is important, ie) he went to visit that keeper Naughton maimed

Sad to see so little support for Kab.

This. Finally getting a run of games together but everyone banging on about his injuries (past tense) when Vertonghen has been out more often in recent times and he has failed to nail down a defensive partner. Dier and Chiriches not showing more than him.

the bloke has been here a while and has never been anything but a model pro plus he's captained the team loads already and is a big tough bastard

hopefully the injuries are behind him and he'll lead the team to a trophy or two :kaboul:

Back
Top Bottom