Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Adebayor and Kaboul been involved in almost every premier league game, as starters. All of a sudden they're both dropped from the entire squad, not injured and Poch says he left them out for "personal reasons"? I think it's true.
I must be too busy doing my Spurs victory samba dance to have heard this.

Not sure what is better. Poch backing Kane and sending the 2 mugs off or the 3 points!

Could be a blessing as they are shite but kept starting.

Kane dictating shit on and off the field. What a man.

oohhh definitely but that's what makes it look even more made up

I'm all for getting rid of the both of them but with our track record they'll still be here when Verts and Eriksen are gone......

:sherwoodwtf:

236F0C7D00000578-2847237-Tottenham_fans_go_wild_in_the_away_end_at_the_KC_Stadium_after_E-1_1416831403112.jpg

For all those wanting to know who the man behind this hilarious account is... i'm on this picture somewhere. Apparently getting a piggy back from someone, of which I can't remember.

I actually think Soldado has been much better and have got off his case for a while now, despite not taking chances he should have, like again yesterday. He at least shows desire and fight and emotion.

Not sure why Crouch is being slated here. He punched above his weight and was a part of our best era since the mid 80´s, scoring goals against the likes of Inter, and Milan.

Every goal Soldado has scored counts, but neither player has anything to do with the other and neither should be slated to make the other look better.

Agree, and I wasn't meaning it to be a 'Crouch was shit' jobby, I was making reference to his "worse goalscoring record". Each striker has his own contributions and strengths above and beyond goalscoring, but if Soldado not scoring makes him shit, that has to be applied to other players in order to show how stupid it is.

Good to see that you're being objective though, far too many people are unnecessarily critical of him. Granted, he's nowhere near the player we paid for, but the work rate and attitude are there, and signs of improvement are visible.

Alright, I just think you're bang out of order comparing Crouch and Soldado. Crouch wasn't great but he scored two of the biggest goals in recent club history.

Also, I have no problem with you standing up for Soldado but your argument is so poor. Comparing Soldado's 6 in 11 in Europa league is not comparable to Crouch's in Champions League. Plus choosing three of our least creative players and comparing them to three of our past best is ridiculous. Soldado has also got to play with Eriksen who is pretty damn decent. Finally, last night Soldado got the chance that everyone said he needs and totally missed it. Low cross with a couple yards of space about 12 yards out and dinked if softly wide.

We should all still be supporting Soldado but there's really no debate that he's been exceedingly poor almost the entire time he's been here. He has three goals this calendar year.

I was comparing the like-for-like positional replacements, with Townsend being our LM (Bale's position that season) and VDV/Modric's positions mostly taken by Dembele/Paulinho. But I see the point with Eriksen, although he's not exactly, been amazing this season either bar the last match.

The point I was attempting to make was that we don't have our three past best creative players any more, which has a massive effect on the strikers. If Soldado was missing chances like that in every game, then it'd be more valid, but it was probably the first decent chance he's had for weeks - Kane fluffs enough of them too, if we're looking to compare isolated chances.

The modern game is about more than goals, if a Striker can enable a midfielder to score then it's all the same to me - football has moved on since 4-4-2 where you have a target man and a poacher.

Adebayor and Kaboul been involved in almost every premier league game, as starters. All of a sudden they're both dropped from the entire squad, not injured and Poch says he left them out for "personal reasons"? I think it's true.
Wasn't Adebayor having a late fitness test as he picked up a back injury in Africa? Obviously Kabuol was dropped as he was either inconsistent or MP thought Fazio would deal with the Aerial threat more effectively?
I don't believe any of it. Kane is not that kind of bloke and I cannot see Kaboul being that much of a sneaky cunt.
If it was the case then Lennon would not have made the bench and he would have placed another u21 there like Winks or Sonupe.
Why, if someone has refused to train, doesn't care if he doesn't play and his content to go through the motions and take pay, be picked for the spurious reason that we had nobody else who could be sub?
If it's true and they have stated their refusal to work & mercenary intentions, they would never be seen in a Spurs shirt again.

Original post below. I'm not claiming it's true, by any means. Thank Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon

If true Kaboul, ade and lennon can take a flying fuck, I knew the way we have been playing is not just down to lack of talent but down right laziness.

Why are Kane and mason are best two players, last season it was the now injured Bentaleb embarrassing the senior players. Everyone has known for a long time that something mentally is wrong with this team of players.

Again it's pure speculation like everything inside spurs I guess but this would explain a lot and if true I hope poch gets given the green light to boot the lazy ones out on their arses.

I'm sure its been said, but AL on the right side adding that width to the attack made all the difference in the world

Time to utilize tactics that leverage the best from your players vs what the manager prefers

Its pretty obvious that Spurs simply do not have the ability to work the 433 inverted winger approach with the 14/15 squad. Just like 13/14. Just like 12/13 (outside of bale)

AVB paid the price with his inflexible approach. lets hope the same doesn't happen to Poch.

And anyone slagging Eriksen needs to have their head examined.

Definitely been an up and down year in his second campaign. But clearly the most gifted Spurs Midfielder and a player to build around. Really need to figure out if both Eriksen & Lamela can co-exist out there on some level and still add legitimate width to the attack.

IMO - I believe Kaboul is struggling with his fitness. He has played back to back games since the start of the season. Is Ade going to Africa soon? this might explain the situation with him. I do not believe there was a mutiny with the players. Lennons response, when he came on was superb and looked like a player wanting to play for Tottenham.

IMO - I believe Kaboul is struggling with his fitness. He has played back to back games since the start of the season. Is Ade going to Africa soon? this might explain the situation with him. I do not believe there was a mutiny with the players. Lennons response, when he came on was superb and looked like a player wanting to play for Tottenham.

Togo are shit, finished bottom of their group. Played 6 matches, lost 4, won 2. Our very own super star striker ( :adegrin:) scored 2 goals, 1 was a penalty. So, no, no Africa.

Back
Top Bottom