Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Again....what has Kane got to do with it?

Just because Kane also missed a sitter, it has no bearing on Soldado or his miss.

It was a simple chance, one that Ive been told for 18 months is what he thrives on, and our midfield has deprived him of. He mis hit it off his shin, and it tamely bobbled wide.

How is that not his fault?

You can make out like it was a difficult chance all you like, but its one a 26M striker should be putting away, and the resulting, almost predictable miss is why he gets a tough ride from many. He wasnt bought for nice flicks.

Again, I think he is playing well, and the last few weeks, for me, very surprisingly has been a brighter spot. I actually, for the first time, believe the goals will come for him.

But I dont feel the need to play him off against Kane, Ade, Crouch, our midfield or anyone else.

He has earned his spot. And he is equally responsible if he gets dropped or subbed for not taking his chances.
I was more stating Kane's miss against Stoke being the only good chance created for him. If our strikers are going to rely on just 1 chance per game we're fucked. Just like most teams would be. I've seen Costa miss the target quite a few times this season but it hardly matters when Hazard and Fabregas create 4 or 5 good chances per game.

Yeah he did thrive on that sort of service in Spain my point being it was happening 3 or 4 times a game compared to now. Even some of our better strikers like Berbatov and Defoe occasionally missed the target. If Soldado was missing 3 or 4 a game different story. But a lot of his early games under AVB & even now he wasn't seeing a single chance like that one Chiriches set up for him

First cameo in 2 months and played 12 minutes - what did you expect?

Though he was effective - didn't put a foot wrong

Vlad misplaced at least 6-7 passes and lost possession numerous times but hey-ho
Vlad also threw in a few very dangerous crosses and contributed through that, we looked far more dangerous with him on the pitch than before he was on the pitch. He made mistakes, sure, but that's to be expected when you try to contribute - which is my point about Paulinho. He was so scared of making a mistake that he played alibi football. Getting a few touches and completing a few passes - that did not add any value to our overall game.

I was more stating Kane's miss against Stoke being the only good chance created for him. If our strikers are going to rely on just 1 chance per game we're fucked. Just like most teams would be. I've seen Costa miss the target quite a few times this season but it hardly matters when Hazard and Fabregas create 4 or 5 good chances per game.

Yeah he did thrive on that sort of service in Spain my point being it was happening 3 or 4 times a game compared to now. Even some of our better strikers like Berbatov and Defoe occasionally missed the target. If Soldado was missing 3 or 4 a game different story. But a lot of his early games under AVB & even now he wasn't seeing a single chance like that one Chiriches set up for him

Regarding Costa, it doesnt matter when he goes on to score one or two every game anyway.

Soldado might not get as many chances as Chelsea´s strikers, but he needs to start taking the simple ones he does get before we can blame others.

My next simple maths equation that sums up our side perfectly..

Spurs + Width = goals

Keep it fucking simple Poch and play Lennon on the right with Vlad/Walker overlapping and Lamela on the bloody left! Kane and Soldado/Chadli up top and Eriksen in the middle.

Won't happen. We'll undoubtedly play it safe with terrible CMs instead of Eriksen in there and wingers and full backs who are playing 2m passes to Kane!

Regarding Costa, it doesnt matter when he goes on to score one or two every game anyway.

Soldado might not get as many chances as Chelsea´s strikers, but he needs to start taking the simple ones he does get before we can blame others.
Costa scores 1 or 2 from say 3 or 4 that get created for him. Soldado gets 0 from 1. Lets write the guy off when he is 0 from 3 or 4. These games where he misses his first & one and only chance is a bit rough. We're all talking about upgrading and buying Berahino or Bony or Benteke. I'll tell you right now if they are also only getting just 1 chance a game they'll also not be scoring in a Spurs shirt.

Anyone spot the Levy Out banner in the crowd just before Kane's goal, it's a hard to spot especially as the cunts were holding it back to front...
:levylol:

Vlad might be a good option next to Mason once Walker comes back. It will be interesting to see if he gets a real run at RB.

Soldado's misses were extraordinarily bad, but his link up play looked solid. If this whole thing about Kane and Adebayor getting into it is true I say just play Soldado and Kane together for the time being and see what happens.

Eriksen has taken a while to show up, but he looked solid yesterday. I think he's going to have a few more duds before Christmas, but we'll see him back to where he was last season within two months.

I'm amazed that all of the Soldado hate isn't aimed squarely at Lamela. He misses easy chances and does very little other than getting dispossessed. I want to see him come good, but this is getting obsurd. He's had more than enough games. He hasn't figured out his role yet and he's making it difficult for Eriksen to do what needs to be done.

What have I missed?
:chadliwtf:

After the Stoke game Kane and Adebayor apparently disagreed with each other, had an argument. Kane felt some senior players weren't trying enough/training enough. Most of the squad agreed with Kane. Kaboul went to Poch, as Captain, and said he represented the squad and they all disagreed with Kane.

Poch called bullshit, didn't include either in the squad.

After the Stoke game Kane and Adebayor apparently disagreed with each other, had an argument. Kane felt some senior players weren't trying enough/training enough. Most of the squad agreed with Kane. Kaboul went to Poch, as Captain, and said he represented the squad and they all disagreed with Kane.

Where is this information coming from?

Original post below. I'm not claiming it's true, by any means. Thank Smoked Salmon Smoked Salmon

From Galahad the gnome

A parchment arrives containing some snippets from the diminutive one. The information is not uniformly positive, so if you dislike reading negative information, please close this thread now.

There was a confrontation after the Stoke game between Adebayor and Kane. Most of the team sided with Kane, but Kaboul and a couple of others didn't. Kaboul then went to see the manager to voice "the squads opinion" on Kane and his supporters. It was clear to MP that Adebayor, Lennon and Kaboul do not speak for the rest of the squad. The younger players are not happy with the way the three most senior players have been behaving, training and playing.

MP bitterly disappointed with more than half a dozen of the squad who have decided the extra hard work they are being asked to do hasn't paid off, so they won't bother to do it. He wanted to give them time to buy into his plans, but they have chosen not to do so. Today's team selection is a reflection of this reality.

Adebayor and Lennon are refusing to accept a move. They've told MP that they don't care whether they play or not. They'll stay at home, train with the reserves or sit on the bench, as long as they collect their wages.

Lennon only made the bench today because of the injuries to Townsend and Chadli.

Unsurprisingly it's proving most challenging to move many of our players expect Vlad to go permanent, and Paulinho on loan. Both to Italy and both to top Italian sides. Inter showing the most interest in Paulinho as things stand.

Baldini suggested we hire Paul Mitchell. MP supported this idea. Mitchell is seen as someone with the potential to become a DOF in the long term. He wants to 'apprentice' for a few years with someone experienced in transfers, dealing with agents and players, etc.

Each member of the triumvirate will have control over their own area of the transfer process. MP will decide on the roles he needs for his tactical schemes. Mitchell will then identify players (both young players and established players) for those roles, and will recommend them to MP, who will either approve or reject each of those recommendations. For players that get MP's green light, Baldini will go out and try to sign them. MP trusts Mitchell explicitly.

Moreno and Rodriguez (subject to full recovery) are still the top two on the list for January, although Mitchell has already identified other possibilities for MP to look at.

Apart from the above, there's no news.

Surely it's bullshit?

Sad thing is I hope it is true. Kaboul-Ade seem to be quite close and could be disruptive influences. If Levy's ice bucket challenge is anything to go by they get on well with the chairmen so I expect to see either Kane sold or Poch sacked if it's true. #spursy
:vdvcry:

Surely it's bullshit?

Sad thing is I hope it is true. Kaboul-Ade seem to be quite close and could be disruptive influences. If Levy's ice bucket challenge is anything to go by they get on well with the chairmen so I expect to see either Kane sold or Poch sacked if it's true. #spursy
:vdvcry:

Adebayor and Kaboul been involved in almost every premier league game, as starters. All of a sudden they're both dropped from the entire squad, not injured and Poch says he left them out for "personal reasons"? I think it's true.

Adebayor and Kaboul been involved in almost every premier league game, as starters. All of a sudden they're both dropped from the entire squad, not injured and Poch says he left them out for "personal reasons"? I think it's true.

and them 2 just happen to be captain and vice captain

something has obviously gone on but what is anybodies guess

if nothing else it shows the gaffer is at least trying to shake these cunts up out of their comfy little slumber

Kane is the future though so Ade can get fucked to be perfectly honest.

Back
Top Bottom