Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whatever Ade and Kaboul may have done for us if the rumours are true they have to go, Kane and Mason have showed the way and that's hard work and busting a gut. Poch's training is apparently very hard and his method's require very fit players, if the senior players can't hack it then it's the door.

I agree. And I agreed under Sherwood too.

I would have felt the same under AVB, however I still feel that it was he who started the rot here, with his instant dismissal of VDV, and the way he treated Lloris, BAE, Lamela and Ade plus the evidence of him doing the same at Chelsea.

The players here have it easy and its evident that there is a lack of work ethic from some.

My point here is that Ive backed Ade all the way, but if this is true, then Im 100% behind Poch and the likes of Kane.

The difference is that my stance was the same when it was other players attitude under fire....yet there are people who will no doubt come out in a masturbatory frenzy over the "DISRUPTIVE LAZY ADE" revelations, who 6 months ago buried their heads in the sand when it was players like Sandro under scrutiny, and chose to slate manager.

Sherwood's problem was he was big fans of the 2 trouble makers and didn't like "Johnny Foreigners"

If the 'Johnny Foreigners' are the lazy ones then he was right to take them to task although Sherwood's backing for Ade might prove otherwise rightly or wrongly.

Poch is a 'johnny foreigner' but I doubt he will be happy with players not pulling their weight. I have suspected for a long time we have player issues, when I watch Bentaleb, Kane and Mason with their work ethic it does nothing to dispel that. Obviously like everything with this team it's speculation but the last fews seasons I have wondered alot about the mentality of the sqaud.

If the 'Johnny Foreigners' are the lazy ones then he was right to take them to task although Sherwood's backing for Ade might prove otherwise rightly or wrongly.

Poch is a 'johnny foreigner' but I doubt he will be happy with players not pulling their weight. I have suspected for a long time we have player issues, when I watch Bentaleb, Kane and Mason with their work ethic it does nothing to dispel that. Obviously like everything with this team it's speculation but the last fews seasons I have wondered alot about the mentality of the sqaud.
I'd find it hard to believe that workhorse types like Holtby & Sandro (to some extent even Paulinho) wouldn't be lazy. I think there was definite personality clashes which as a manager Sherwood should have put to one side and made it a workable relationship. Even seeing him on TV I get the sense he is a smug type and if not on his right side he'd be an absolute cunt to get orders off

Yep.....Ade and Kaboul, the two local lads from Wood Green.

Does remind me of the Sherwood quote, though!

"It's only in the last few weeks that I've heard him speak French for the first time. I called him on it because I had thought he was from Harlow or somewhere!"

:sherwoodlol:

Does remind me of the Sherwood quote, though!

"It's only in the last few weeks that I've heard him speak French for the first time. I called him on it because I had thought he was from Harlow or somewhere!"

:sherwoodlol:
Lowest point since Graham - fact

Shocking scenes

I agree. And I agreed under Sherwood too.

I would have felt the same under AVB, however I still feel that it was he who started the rot here, with his instant dismissal of VDV, and the way he treated Lloris, BAE, Lamela and Ade plus the evidence of him doing the same at Chelsea.

The players here have it easy and its evident that there is a lack of work ethic from some.

My point here is that Ive backed Ade all the way, but if this is true, then Im 100% behind Poch and the likes of Kane.

The difference is that my stance was the same when it was other players attitude under fire....yet there are people who will no doubt come out in a masturbatory frenzy over the "DISRUPTIVE LAZY ADE" revelations, who 6 months ago buried their heads in the sand when it was players like Sandro under scrutiny, and chose to slate manager.

I will credit Sherwood on the Bentaleb and Kane thing, he was attacked for it but the guys did well, same as Mason has for us being brought forward under Poch. I have a feeling Jan is going to be a big cull for this squad, a well needed pruning.

Judging by the atmosphere at the Lane we hate any man in lillywhite

The atmosphere is borne out of the players attitudes and performances.

I find it odd that we slate the players attitudes on here, but the fans at WHL should joyously sing for them. Then we slate certain managers for trying to weed out the problem players, and laud others for doing the same.

I usually hate the Jan window.....cant wait for it now. I think it will speak volumes.

Then we slate certain managers for trying to weed out the problem players, and laud others for doing the same
Sherwood: Holtby & Sandro.. two players who run around a lot and not many fans would question if they put in a shift, not overly gifted but at least try
Poch/AVB: Ade & Kaboul (potential Capoue too?): slow moping types who can't even have the right boots on while on the bench for 60+ minutes

I know which type of player I'd like weeded out

Sherwood: Holtby & Sandro.. two players who run around a lot and not many fans would question if they put in a shift, not overly gifted but at least try
Poch/AVB: Ade & Kaboul (potential Capoue too?): slow moping types who can't even have the right boots on while on the bench for 60+ minutes

I know which type of player I'd like weeded out

And thats the problem....picking and choosing the favourites in a personality clash.

AVB had well documented history with several players Chelsea and Spurs....you choose to write Ade and Kaboul, but ignore his issues with Jan, Livermore, Hudd, Lloris, VDV, Lamela, BAE and Naughton.

How do you know Sandro wouldnt have played like shit and acted the twat for Poch too?

Holtby was a tryer, but Sherwood saw a better player in Bentaleb, so he was loaned out because HE wanted regualr football. Whats the big deal?

Why dont you berate Poch for not recalling Holtby. Do you think he will be recalled or sold? Im guessing sold....will you slate Poch for that?

At least be a bit consistent in what you think is ok behaviour and what isnt.

Is it ok for Sandro to tweet about joining other teams during the season.....and that the manager is to be fired? Just because you may not like that manager, its not ok.

Whatever Ade has done, at the very least, its been in house.

Ade and Kaboul, but ignore his issues with Jan, Livermore, Hudd, Lloris, VDV, Lamela, BAE and Naughton
BAE I'd put in the Ade-Kaboul French-speaking lazy group. His problem with Lloris is way overstated, he was signed after the season had started and we had Friedel in goal who had been MOTM in most our games. Problem with VDV? Bollocks. VDV wanted to go to Germany for personal reasons and the club allowed him to. Lamela he chose to ease into the side and the player himself had said he was trying to hide a small injury when joined. Everyone has a problem with Jan, who thinks he should only play CB even though our 1 LB was injured he kicked up a bit of a stink and is now doing the same with Poch. Hudd he thought was too slow and Naughton & Livermore not good enough, cant see the problem with that.

How do you know Sandro would have played like shit and acted the twat for Poch too?
We never will. I'd just rather his play for the shirt mentality than that of the walking Capoue.

Holtby was a tryer, but Sherwood saw a better player in Bentaleb, so he was loaned out because HE wanted regualr football. Whats the big deal?
Like I said no big deal palming a guy off if the manager doesn't think he is good enough. For mine I don't think Holtby is good enough to make our squad either now that there has been the emergence of Mason.

Whatever Ade has done, at the very least, its been in house.
If the story is true it's the 2nd Spurs manager he has had a problem with and what 5th in his career? It's not just the in house shit that is the problem. It's the lack of professionalism & respect for the club/team-mates re:the boots not being on & the inviting Newcastle players into the rooms after a home defeat and the lazy performances on the pitch (constant offsides)

BAE I'd put in the Ade-Kaboul French-speaking lazy group. His problem with Lloris is way overstated, he was signed after the season had started and we had Friedel in goal who had been MOTM in most our games. Problem with VDV? Bollocks. VDV wanted to go to Germany for personal reasons and the club allowed him to. Lamela he chose to ease into the side and the player himself had said he was trying to hide a small injury when joined. Everyone has a problem with Jan, who thinks he should only play CB even though our 1 LB was injured he kicked up a bit of a stink and is now doing the same with Poch. Hudd he thought was too slow and Naughton & Livermore not good enough, cant see the problem with that.

Sooooo....basically all the rumours about AVB being a cunt have a perfectly justifiable explanation....

If the story is true it's the 2nd Spurs manager he has had a problem with and what 5th in his career? It's not just the in house shit that is the problem. It's the lack of professionalism & respect for the club/team-mates re:the boots not being on & the inviting Newcastle players into the rooms after a home defeat and the lazy performances on the pitch (constant offsides)

.....and all those about Ade are most likely true

Oh and....
"This is football. If I let Rafa go it’s because I’ve allowed him to go. It’s not because someone is forcing me to.”
AVB

That was all around the time he was kissing Willians arse in the press. He let VDV go to get Willian, and when it fell flat on its face, we ended up with Dempsey. Shit fest all round.

"With Villas Boas I had a false start. While with HSV I just felt as though she really needed me... It was a club in need. And I wanted to help.
"During our first conversation (with AVB) he hinted that I had to fight for my place. That in itself is not a problem. I have enough confidence in my abilities. But until that time I was 'the guy' at The Spurs. The contrast with the way Villas-Boas saw it, it was just too big. The club had just bought Sigurdsson who had an advantage, the coach said himself.
"In the same period HSV knocked at the door again. Villas Boas came around shortly afterwards and changed his opinion of me, apparently it was not so smooth with Sigurdsson, but then I had already made my choice. About the club I have no evil words, the atmosphere was great, we had a good team, there is a club being built."

VDV

Basically, AVB made it clear he was not in his plans, and when Chelsea mugged us off at the last minute, and Moutinho was a no go, he went crawling back to VDV. Sadly for this club, the damage was done.

It was mentioned on MoTD as if it'd come from the club, visavis Kaboul. Think the line was "dropped for private reasons"

So could be anything! Not the 5 pager that involves lennon and factions san blah blah boring sad ITK spurs fans with no lives

So could be anything! Not the 5 pager that involves lennon and factions san blah blah boring sad ITK spurs fans with no lives

Could be true, could be false. If it was confirmed as true, many would take issue to such a leak becoming public.

It's something to debate over that isn't mass melting over relegation, so gotta take the positives....

Could be true, could be false. If it was confirmed as true, many would take issue to such a leak becoming public.

It's something to debate over that isn't mass Archway Sheet Metal melting over relegation, so gotta take the positives....
FIXED!!

Back
Top Bottom