Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I do not believe there was a mutiny with the players. Lennons response, when he came on was superb and looked like a player wanting to play for Tottenham.

You don't drop your captain and vice captain unless something has happened. I wouldn't use the Lennon example to dismiss the entire theory; maybe he's putting himself in the shop window, isn't as involved as the source states? Who knows, maybe he wants to prove his place.

He specifically said he dropped Kaboul due to personal reasons. Not injury, not fitness, personal reasons. We had Ball, a youth Cb on the bench instead of Kaboul? Makes no sense outside of the only theory we have.

Last edited:
You don't drop your captain and vice captain unless something has happened. I wouldn't use the Lennon example to dismiss the entire theory; maybe he's putting himself in the shop window, isn't as involved as the source states? Who knows, maybe he wants to prove his place.

He specifically said he dropped Kaboul due to personal reasons. Not injury, not fitness, personal reasons. We had Campbell, a youth Cb on the bench instead of Kaboul? Makes no sense outside of the only theory we have.
I guess you are right. What I would add is both players were showing poor form prior to being absent. It may just be a form thing. They may both appear on Thur. Last year we had all sorts of nonesence said about Lamela s absence.

He specifically said he dropped Kaboul due to personal reasons. Not injury, not fitness, personal reasons. We had Campbell, a youth Cb on the bench instead of Kaboul? Makes no sense outside of the only theory we have.

Apparently lennon wasn't massively involve, just siding with his mates.

There's a bit more info out there on another forum:

http://www.totaltottenham.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2111&p=85277

:parker:

Ps: it was Dominic Ball.

Just read comments on other forum. There's a storm brewing?
I want to be posative . If true, get rid of the rot. The team is troubled by this and it shows. All this makes the win even better- the players chosen have been vindicated.

I want to be posative . If true, get rid of the rot. The team is troubled by this and it shows. All this makes the win even better- the players chosen have been vindicated.

I would love to see the ORIGIN of all the comments and the theories, its just ITK with nothing to do until they make up lies in the January window, probably a combo of fitness, form and a small falling out, end of the day they were so bad against Stoke and Poch had enough of it, he can't rely on hardly any of the players and he can't afford for ones he should be able to rely on, the senior ones, not producing, better have kids try and fail than 30yr olds phoning in a performance

And anyone slagging Eriksen needs to have their head examined.

Definitely been an up and down year in his second campaign. But clearly the most gifted Spurs Midfielder and a player to build around. Really need to figure out if both Eriksen & Lamela can co-exist out there on some level and still add legitimate width to the attack.

I said it in August he took a little while last season to get going and will be better after Christmas this year too once he gets used to the role in the formation plus people forget under Timmy magic he was basically told he could do whatever he wants without defending, he is learning something new now and having to toughen up

They weren't anything special before playing against 10 men. I want to see how they are against Everton.

Shame Sherwood was vilified for trying to do the same

I Agree but realistically we all knew Sherwood was a interim manager in Levy's eyes and Levy was never going to allow him to shape the sqaud. Our current team seems like a hochpotch of Redknapp, AVD, Sherwood, Poch, Baldini and Levy's plans.

Levy has to put Poch in as the guy with the final say of who stays and goes, I can imagine this over sized bloated sqaud is a terrible dressing room for any manager right now.

I would love to see the ORIGIN of all the comments and the theories, its just ITK with nothing to do until they make up lies in the January window, probably a combo of fitness, form and a small falling out, end of the day they were so bad against Stoke and Poch had enough of it, he can't rely on hardly any of the players and he can't afford for ones he should be able to rely on, the senior ones, not producing, better have kids try and fail than 30yr olds phoning in a performance

It was mentioned on MoTD as if it'd come from the club, visavis Kaboul. Think the line was "dropped for private reasons"

Also, if true, Id like to know who the fuck keeps leaking internal affairs. Its the second smear story regarding Ade (after Toon), and whether he´s in the wrong camp or not, this shit should stay at home.

Ade was lambasted for revealing a showdown with AVB long after he had left. That time he had the support of the team, but it didnt matter to some.

Now he is the villain, all this shit throwing in public is welcomed as great news.

The club is in a bit of a mess. But the bright side to the stories (if there is one) is that at the very least, Poch has backed one camp and seems prepared to push on in that direction.

However, Im sure come Everton game both Ade and Kaboul will be back and all this will go away.

Shame Sherwood was vilified for trying to do the same

I think, at the time, the worry was that Sherwood had insufficient experience or perceived longevity to 'justify' the decisions he made. Things have changed, and hindsight is a powerful tool - but I do think that Sherwood would have been more supported in his decisions had he been a little more restrained in front of the microphone from the start - his outward personality rubbed a lot of fans up in the wrong way, especially when combined with the rumours that he'd been making noises in the background for some time.

Not necessarily my opinion, just what I can remember being the factors at the time.

I Agree but realistically we all knew Sherwood was a interim manager in Levy's eyes and Levy was never going to allow him to shape the sqaud. Our current team seems like a hochpotch of Redknapp, AVD, Sherwood, Poch, Baldini and Levy's plans.

Levy has to put Poch in as the guy with the final say of who stays and goes, I can imagine this over sized bloated sqaud is a terrible dressing room for any manager right now.

It doesnt matter how big Sherwoods role was.

He told us over and over and over again that there is a lazy, poisonous element within this club, but he was slated for "dividing the squad and losing the dressing room".

However its down to Sherwood we have the likes of Kane banging in the goals now.

All because Sandro, Holtby and Soldado was among the outcasts.

Now its Ade and Kaboul, its "great news", that we have "found the culprits".

It doesnt matter how big Sherwoods role was.

He told us over and over and over again that there is a lazy, poisonous element within this club, but he was slated for "dividing the squad and losing the dressing room".

All because Sandro, Holtby and Soldado was among the outcasts.

Now its Ade and Kaboul, its "great news", that we have "found the culprits".
Sherwood's problem was he was big fans of the 2 trouble makers and didn't like "Johnny Foreigners"

Also, if true, Id like to know who the fuck keeps leaking internal affairs. Its the second smear story regarding Ade (after Toon), and whether he´s in the wrong camp or not, this shit should stay at home.

Ade was lambasted for revealing a showdown with AVB long after he had left. That time he had the support of the team, but it didnt matter to some.

Now he is the villain, all this shit throwing in public is welcomed as great news.

The club is in a bit of a mess. But the bright side to the stories (if there is one) is that at the very least, Poch has backed one camp and seems prepared to push on in that direction.

However, Im sure come Everton game both Ade and Kaboul will be back and all this will go away.

Whatever Ade and Kaboul may have done for us if the rumours are true they have to go, Kane and Mason have showed the way and that's hard work and busting a gut. Poch's training is apparently very hard and his method's require very fit players, if the senior players can't hack it then it's the door.

Back
Top Bottom