Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City (23rd Nov)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm very much all up for a long run of both Soldado and Kane playing together, but ...
Who misses out then?

We've got loads of matches in the next month and a half. I know it's not universally agreed here for some unthinkable reason, but Eriksen and Coco are both quality. They are the future at Tottenham. (Until Real calls.). However they clearly do not have chemistry at this time. In the near run I'd split them up. There is plenty of match time between now and the New Year. See how it plays out and then reevaluate.

Lamela can play out wide left or in behind the striker. Eriksen can only play behind the striker. Eriksen should always play behind Kane until we can sign a more experienced striker. I have no patience for anyone that thinks that Eriksen should play out of position to accommodate Soldudo, morons.
Are you drunk? Because that would be okay. Otherwise
:avbfu:

I want to see Eriksen partner Kane (although preferably Benteke) up front for half a season. I want to see Soldado on the first plane to spain. I'd take a bowl of paella in exchange for the waste of space.
Why even mention Benteke?
Its not going to happen in Jan window.
I understand you want Soldado to score goals, so do we all.
I think you are being very naive in underestimating what else he brings to the team, with leadership being very important in a young side trying to find their feet.
You should be more concerned when Adebayor is going.

This guy is no leader, Sherwood thought he was shit. Poch yanked him despite us needing to score. I think you have the patience of a saint. My patience is gone with the guy, get rid. and get rid of Adebayor while you are at it.
We can sign benteke if we want, it will cost us. But we have the money, lets spend it
He went off with an injury I thought?
Remember the last time we had the money, and spent it?
Signing a heavyweight striker 3 months coming off an achilles injury is a disaster waiting to happen.

I don't think so, I think he was subbed because he is shit.

What, you mean on Soldado?

I think Benteke is worth the gamble. If not someone else, anyone, just not this joker
Poch was meant to bring off Lamela, but then decided on Soldado who proceeded to limp off the pitch.
None of the players of our mass purchase have settled in/performed to how we expected, bar Eriksen and Chadli who is beginning to come good.
I believe the decision should be made after this season.
Try and enjoy the win...

Are you drunk? Because that would be okay. Otherwise
:avbfu:

Who do you honestly think has a bigger impact from #10? Eriksen or Soldado? The reality is, we have too many players who want the same spot and Eriksen is the best there.
I don't think so, I think he was subbed because he is shit.

What, you mean on Soldado?

I think Benteke is worth the gamble. If not someone else, anyone, just not this joker

I tend to agree with you on most things, but you're veering onto the side of bullshit and insulting now. Chill with the name calling, we're not 5. If you hate him that much, call him Judado.

He was brought off for injury, calf cramp apparently. It was supposed to be Lamela (11 went up on the board) until Poch changed his mind.

Don't think we can buy an unfit and untested Benteke for 20+ million to be honest. Too big a risk. Why I'm against Jay Rod (For now). Agree that we need a new striker in Jan though, no one pricey, just to make do until summer.

Who do you honestly think has a bigger impact from #10? Eriksen or Soldado? The reality is, we have too many players who want the same spot and Eriksen is the best there.

I tend to agree with you on most things, but you're veering onto the side of bullshit and insulting now. Chill with the name calling, we're not 5. If you hate him that much, call him Judado.

He was brought off for injury, calf cramp apparently. It was supposed to be Lamela (11 went up on the board) until Poch changed his mind.

Don't think we can buy an unfit and untested Benteke for 20+ million to be honest. Too big a risk. Why I'm against Jay Rod (For now). Agree that we need a new striker in Jan though, no one pricey, just to make do until summer.
I think Eriksen should be the #10 for the A side and Lamela should be the #10 for the B side. I'm not a fan of commentors on here calling people names for having different opinions than they do. I find it lazy and tiresome.

I have just returned from my laboratory with the following scientific breakthrough-

THE FIGHTING COCK FORUMS FIRST LAW OF SELF PERPETUAL MELTINESS:

"No victory shall go appreciated beyond the 35th page of a match thread.

All commentary beyond to the 35th page will circumferentially navigate the anus of no less than 2 complete melters

The primary effluent from said anuses will consist of the complete implosion of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club despite the fact that said Football Club sits 2 points off of 4th place and remains in all cup competitions.

Joy and happiness of the moment will be showered in a cascading waterfall of flatulence and rim stinging mental diarrhea for the remainder of the thread as if no victory ever occurred."

SCIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THAT.

3 POINTS!!!!!!

WE ARE GOING TO ROLL!

No need to gamble, we already have a sure thing.
harrrrry_2137714a.jpg

Crouch started 41 games in the EPL and scored 12 goals, penalties excluded because they don't count.
Soldado has started 25 games in the EPL and scored 2 goals, penalties excluded because they don't count.

Don't insult Crouch by comparing him to Soldado, Crouch did great things for us. Plus he was a big target man. What does Soldado do? He plays some nice little link-up play around the edge of the box. But Eriksen is forced out of his position to accommodate that joker. Get rid of him, send him to go train with Assou-Ekkoto

:goonermong:

Is this Gibbs 2.0?

My line up for next match (partizan/everton)
[formation=4231, Hugo, Vlad / Walker, Fazio / Kaboul, Verts, Davies / Rose, Vlad, Benji , Lamela, Mason, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]
tbh yesterday we play against 10 men,happy for win but need to improved.
i pick lamela-mason-eriksen,eriksen-lamela good combo yesterday(hope they'll found chemistry both of them) eriksen as main playmaker,lamela and kane open space with their drive,mason filter pressing man plus as deep drive playmaker(more focus on attack).

if it not worked i pick lennon,towsend,chadli for sub for kane/trio LaME(Golden Dragon Fly) :p if team cant scored.

why i put vlad in mid,he has speed(but lack strengh for duel) same for benji cover our slow defender(slow duo fazio/kaboul verts better,and duo wingback/fullback when they support attack).

our strengh also in death ball,we have good kicker such as lamela & eriksen. we need to max it ;)

still want to spurs use 3-5-2(without targetman),just my opinion.
:smesh:

Last edited:
He also scored 7 in 10 Champions League games. They were of mild importance, I'd say.

Soldado has 6 in 11 in Europe too, it's just another way of slicing a cake.

I find it so odd that people have slated our midfield and creativity since Soldado came, but wonder why a player like him has struggled to find goals. The difference with Crouch and Soldado was playing around VDV, Modric and Bale - rather than Paulinho, Townsend and Dembele.

It wasn't a "Crouch is shit" statement, more of a point that he was hardly a "far better" player.

Soldado has 6 in 11 in Europe too, it's just another way of slicing a cake.

I actually think Soldado has been much better and have got off his case for a while now, despite not taking chances he should have, like again yesterday. He at least shows desire and fight and emotion.

Not sure why Crouch is being slated here. He punched above his weight and was a part of our best era since the mid 80´s, scoring goals against the likes of Inter, and Milan.

Every goal Soldado has scored counts, but neither player has anything to do with the other and neither should be slated to make the other look better.

All this talk of the number the 10 position, whoever plays, is nonsense. What is the number 10 position? A phrase spouted to indicate some knowledge of modern football? Yesterday it was nice to see we played 4 4 2 (forget the 4-4-1-1) with two forwards and in some way it rekindled the Big man little man - just how Its always been. It works - Soldado demonstrates brilliant linking play, made some intelligent passes and creating space. He missed two sitters but intelligently got the free kick for the equaliser. IMO . I agree he needs to add goals to his play but at the moment his intelligant link play is just as important.

All this talk of the number the 10 position, whoever plays, is nonsense. What is the number 10 position? A phrase spouted to indicate some knowledge of modern football?

Agree....2 strikers on the pitch, its both their jobs to score goals.

One shouldnt be hanging back trying to assist only. Then you play one up top.

Back
Top Bottom