Summer 2015 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pretty obvious our primary target this summer was to improve the defence. Kaboul and Chiriches are gone, Alderweireld, Wimmer and Trippier are signed and already have games under their belts.

If the plan was to sell one of Ade or Soldado then striker cover was just as important, absolutely critical in fact. Plenty of debates about how much the defence is exposed by the lack of CDM as well so changing one of the likely first choice back 4 not necessarily going to fix that. Agree the cover looks better (looks).

If the plan was to sell one of Ade or Soldado then striker cover was just as important, absolutely critical in fact. Plenty of debates about how much the defence is exposed by the lack of CDM as well so changing one of the likely first choice back 4 not necessarily going to fix that. Agree the cover looks better (looks).
Well, it looks like they are trying to shift Ade, but there are no takers for obvious reasons.

If we have to go another year with him and Bobby as back up it is certainly a pity, but not the end of the world. They aren't Raziak and Andy Booth.

Speaking at a press conference in his native Bulgaria, Berbatov said: "I had a meeting with a representative of Manchester United and he told me that they have been following me for a while.

"But Tottenham showed me clearly how much they want me there and United wasn't really convincing."

The irony is not lost on me

Well, it looks like they are trying to shift Ade, but there are no takers for obvious reasons.

If we have to go another year with him and Bobby as back up it is certainly a pity, but not the end of the world. They aren't Raziak and Andy Booth.

That is the most ridiculous, lack of any ambition shit attitude, sorry. I agree they're not terrible back-up but I bet the majority want them out, one or both. Ade has had 3-4 good months in 2 years. Soldado has had far less in 2 years. I don't hate Ade like others but think he needs to go. Soldado could stay but was no back up at all last year, he's a bigger gamble than signing somebody for £15-20m really (not financially I know).

I have refrained from posting for so long because I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt to the "ITK" and hope against hope that Adebayor would finally leave. By this point it seems as though every single one of them has said that the deal is done and yet it remains up in the air. The back pedaling has begun with "Ade is a cunt". Let's stop right there.

I, like most of us, want the best for the club and therefore clamour for hints of news to comfort my worries of whether or not we will improve. So despite swearing to not check, I end up here reading a lot of the time and believing the "ITK" because I want the club to be better and learn from their mistakes and not make the same ones again, year after year.

Yet, it does seem, like we all suspected, at least on this forum, that they are bullshitters of the highest order. The difference is that, this time, I realized that many Spurs fans, online and at the stadium or local or in their own homes have grown this opinion of Adebayor being a real mercenary without compassion and trying to strangle every last cent out of each club. His name is dirt. Whilst some of it may be inferred through his own actions, a lot of it is also stirred up by the media and of course the "ITK". This leads me to think: why can't Ade sue them for defamation?

Perhaps these individuals love the attention of a gripping, hooked audience scrambling for every bit of lie they conjure up which is why anyone would continue to spin shit, and also the benefits of a large Twitter audience, whatever it may be, but they have to account for their own actions if they are simply spinning lies and causing someone else's real life to be affected. They sit in their homes, behind screens, and have nothing on the line, because of course, to reveal would be tantamount to suicide. Perhaps there have been some who might truly have inside information but I saw nothing in relation to Vlad going to Napoli or Stambouli to PSG. You'd think these people would have to know everything. They can so easily fall back to the usual "club/player being difficult on either end" excuse and stay safe. Why the fuck should that be true?

Has there been any real proof that Ade ever went to Villa? Or that the amount of fake signings, Schinderlien, Moutinho et al have ever even shown any interest? Was Moutinho ever even in WHL on DD? No pictures, no proof, all bullshit. I didn't see the ITK saying anything when we concluded quick deals and that would, could be because that's how the club actually works and they're a bunch of liars. We live in dangerous times where, without proof, people are judged on heresy being reported on social media and even some "media" themselves. If it feeds to an established narrative, it is that much easier to hoodwink others.

In summation, it would be nice if the audience stopped giving these lying attention whores what they want and let them fade into obscurity or legal entanglement for that is what liars and hatemongerers deserve. Adebayor is no saint but he's not the only one screwing with us, and is indeed a victim too of the relentless pursuit of notice by individuals who seem to have non-existent moral standards. It's easy to lie when your ass is not on the line.

ITK varies hugely.

Some ITK guys have called signings well in advance when no media has picked up on it. Others have had info regarding off the pitch things like commercial deals. Unless it's extreme luck, I think there are some genuine ITK.

The other thing that must be considered is that it is very possible for something to be true at the time it's being said but then not happen, the market is an organic entity that changes every minute. I'm not using this to excuse all ITK for everything, but it's a valid point nonetheless.

Just enjoy it like any other gossip in life, or let it be the man's man equivalent of a horoscope if you're a pessimist. I love reading ITK but I don't take it to heart. Take it with a pinch of salt and it's not big deal.

ITK varies hugely.

Some ITK guys have called signings well in advance when no media has picked up on it. Others have had info regarding off the pitch things like commercial deals. Unless it's extreme luck, I think there are some genuine ITK.

The other thing that must be considered is that it is very possible for something to be true at the time it's being said but then not happen, the market is an organic entity that changes every minute. I'm not using this to excuse all ITK for everything, but it's a valid point nonetheless.

Just enjoy it like any other gossip in life, or let it be the man's man equivalent of a horoscope if you're a pessimist. I love reading ITK but I don't take it to heart. Take it with a pinch of salt and it's not big deal.
What category does that kid whose dad sold a refrigerator to Redknapp fall into?

Ukranian papers saying we've bid 15mil Euro for Yarmolenko..... could be our answer to some seriously shit RW play over the last few years. Seriously shit. ugh. I can't even bring myself to think of how lacking it's been out there.

ITK varies hugely.

But they haven't though, that's the point.

A few summers back I had pretty much an empty summer. It allowed me to monitor the SCITK and news now at the se time. I came to the conclusion (as I had long suspected) that these guys are just News Now trawlers and nothing more. They know as much as anyone else out there. Jo names were mentioned by an ITK that was not already available though various media sources. Deals announced as "done" or "basically done" we're stayed weeks ahead of deals actually being completed, which somehow means they were right. They are all full of shit and more fool anyone who actually thinks they have some authenticity. As such, I haven't looked at any ITK for a long time now, except for times when stuff is posted in here for whatever reason, and even then I just laugh at it.

Don't waste your time with if mate. There are about 4 or 5 people who know every aspect of every transfer and they don't post on Spurs Community, or talk to anyone who does.

That is the most ridiculous, lack of any ambition shit attitude, sorry. I agree they're not terrible back-up but I bet the majority want them out, one or both. Ade has had 3-4 good months in 2 years. Soldado has had far less in 2 years. I don't hate Ade like others but think he needs to go. Soldado could stay but was no back up at all last year, he's a bigger gamble than signing somebody for £15-20m really (not financially I know).
I agree the majority want them both out. I want Ade out and I can see the argument for selling Bobby.

But both of them have contracts we have to honour, so unless we can come to an agreement with other clubs they are staying.

The only other way is buy out their contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom